48 coaches online • Server time: 23:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
kv1z4tz

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2004 - 09:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Oooh, yeah... I think you can send cakes via Interflora, if you have that in Italy.. I'll have mine now please Razz
PhilMan

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2004 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh God, i feel so guilty now, i'm really sorry everyone, i've been off fumbbl for the last couple of weeks, i'm really sorry people, i'm scheduled to play appollo in the first round of the second tournement, i'll try to play as soon as possible, the problem at the moment is that it is hard to play in the evenings on weeknights, because of school, if apollo is reading, plese PM me to organise a weekend time to play or if it is really desperate i can try to get online on a weeknight

again, really sorry to everyone for holding up the tournement, hope i'm not kicked for this...

"Best Bar in This Street"
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Oct 04, 2004 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

After a bloody, hard and balanced game the Brotherhood of Tzeench had to leave the field in shame.

The match that took place before the Gates of Chaos today was indeed a great one: the Grundalads of coach SonofSharkBoy entered the field with an evil grin, and quickly KOed three beastmen. On the other side the infamous Chaos cage was forming around the starplayer of the Brotherhood: Raistlin the Chaos Warrior, "the-one-who-knows-how-to-block".

Before his fans Raistlin took up a personal challenge against the greenskins: in the first half the Grundalads tried to bring him down... Bad Mistake. The Iron Boy seriously injured three orcs in a row (while another one was killed by his buddy Elminster), and kept the ball till turn eight, when he walked all alone down the field to the End Zone waving his hand and cheering to the fans.

The second half started with the Orcs seeking revenge. But the Chaos Armor of the Brothers is superior in quality and the players were well protected by blocks and blunts. The tie came in the last turn of the second half: after a very good defensive action of the beastmen, the orc thrower blitzed his way to the End Zone.

Overtime
All in one word: Get the Ref.
The unfair fans of the Grundalads quickly understood that their champions could do little to overcome the superior tactics of Jan Mattys ( Wink ). So they decided to show the bad sporting attitude they are known for. They took the wife of the referee and chained her just in the middle of the visitors sector of the Arena, well guarded by...uhm... a couple of brutish and quite horny orcs.
Then the massacre began. A Beastman was killed, Merlin was seriously injured, and Raistlin was senf off to smell some salts... Outnumbered and continuously beaten, the reamaining Brothers set up a last line of defence, and succeded in taking away the ball from the hands of the clumsy orc thrower.
But lady luck was on their side, and their glorious efforts could do little against the overwhelming orc supremacy in number. 2-1 in turn eight OT, and the dream was suddendly broken.

Great game Sharky.
It was fun.
Jan

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2004 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Very good game J_M, I don't think I could add anything except...from our point of view the ref took pity on us. How often do orcs get that beat up in so short a time? Wink

gg
chunky04

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2004 - 08:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry I've been away a bit folks.

I'm currently in the last few weeks of my thesis and have very little time. If you have a game with me, please PM me with what times you're available, and I'll arrange my schedule to fit. I won't be idling on IRC at all during this time, only connecting for tourney games.

On another note, it seems kharnath has buggered off.

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2004 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I know Sad

Post   Posted: Oct 13, 2004 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah well, no great loss.

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2004 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

chunky04 wrote:
Ah well, no great loss.

And why is that? What a silly comment..
chunky04

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2004 - 04:36 Reply with quote Back to top

The fact that he dropped out already demonstrates a lack of commitment. In my experience with him he was difficult to get a game with, and had a bad attitude in general. I've enough experience in various tourneys on here to know he wasn't going to hang around for long. Thus: no great loss.

Is that sufficient explanation for you?

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2004 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL, you have no idea on who you're talking about. He had some serious rl problems, that I won't state here. And of course it might seem he was hard to get a game with to you - you're in Australia ffs. When you live in europe and have job with std. hours, it is nearly impossible to find a time. I'm experiencing the same thing now. You don't know a fucking thing about how he behaves in tournaments - I've known him through 6 years of tourneying irl, and I know he wouldn't quit unless he had to. So apologize and think again you nitwit..
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2004 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, ok, peace you guys.

I have never met Kharnat in Overlord, but I know he PMed me any time he had troubles finding a suitable time for the game, and he PMed me to tell me he had to leave the tournament due to real life troubles. This is by far enough to me.

As for the "bad attitude" thing I suppose this is personal. Don't spoil this thread with personal troubles. I have been in contact with the Human team (kv1z4tz and Kharnath) and they are both enthusiastic players of the League. And you Chunky should know that I respect you and your buddy for the same reasons (and it's fun to meet you on the field anyway, and my friends ebenezer can state that).

Maybe we should keep these comments just for ourselves, and even better forget them Smile

More than this, it's probable that some of us will meet on the field. Keep your rage inside and unleash it when you get the ref!!! Laughing

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2004 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok.. Just don't like backtalking..

I was wondering - next season, will we use the same races or are there any changes?
chunky04

Post   Posted: Oct 17, 2004 - 06:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Quite frankly, I don't give a flyer what his personal troubles are. In the end, I can only judge by what I had to do with him, and that wasn't a very good experience. I've had little previous trouble despite the time difference, generally being amongst the fastest to get games in. Needless to say, I ain't apologising. Should he come back at a later stage and prove otherwise, I may change my opinion, but I won't be apologising for making a statement that was (is) true from my perspective at the time.

Good to see he at least has a mate willing to stick up for him. Hope he gets through whatever troubles he has and proves me wrong.