20 coaches online • Server time: 09:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
chunky04

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2005 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I always go for depth. The important thing is to make sure they all have one skill - Block.

Keep in mind I tend to play the more allrounder style teams - Humans, Orcs, Chaos (Yes I do classify them as allrounders).

A lineman/orc or Beastman with Block is a perfectly serviceable BB player.

Also keep in mind I do tend to play in quite bashy leagues, with a quite bashy style. I will also foul a reasonable amount, so need reserves to fill any holes left by players being sent off.

This to my mind is one of the reasons why large rosters aren't very popular on fumbbl. To get the most use out of them, you have to use the boot, and since it is unpopular on fumbbl in general, so are the large rosters.

I tend to retire most nigglers, and most injured players full stop

As an example, I'd add a further two linemen to JanMattys' roster for sure - history has shown I'll need them sooner or later:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=55771

You'll see they've played against mostly bashy teams though.

Last edited by chunky04 on Apr 19, 2005 - 02:34; edited 1 time in total
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2005 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

OFF TOPIC MODE ON @ chunky04
You can't have 5 catchers, mate. Very Happy
I usually play with 3 of them just because I will never field more than two. So it's two + a reserve.
I don't like to have a large roster cause it keeps your TR so high and your "effective eleven" TS so low compared to TR...
OFF TOPIC MODE OFF.

btw: nice to see you chunky! It's been a while Smile
Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2005 - 02:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Oops, have edited my post to reflect that I meant two more linemen Smile

I tend to agree on the 3 catchers most of the time, but if things are going well with the money and I have nothing else to buy, I'll often get the fourth and skill him up for a rainy day.

Yeah, I don't really have the flexibility anymore to play tourneys in other timezones, which is a shame, as I'd have liked another crack at Stable League and the racial KO league - my Orcs were doing very nicely.