57 coaches online • Server time: 22:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Renno

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

...but they are part of the game and give advantages to certain teams so why complain about people using them?

So many people complain about my 1-turner on my Skaven team yet with AV7 I have to deal with Mighty Blow, Claw, Razor Sharp Claws, Tackle, Dirty Player +2 to armor etc. that can destroy or keep my team from getting away.

While they all seem cheap they are part of the game and I feel speed teams and especially low AV teams need something when strength teams have so much at hand to destroy low AV teams.
Mully

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

1 turners suck - no skill needed whatsoever to score - yes they should be banned

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Same reason for Claw/Rsc and Dirty Player, no real skill required to kill stuff, just dice. I for one am glad that the Vault rules are severely down-powering this.

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 01:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Tbh i dont care, i will play how i play you complain i will just go drink more beer and not lose sleep over it Wink
and wont go posting nonsense in forums lol

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 01:21
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

1 turners are the worst thing in blood bowl. Removing the opponents involvement and lacking skill.
Renno

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you think reducing an AV7 team to 4 players with Mighty Blow, Claw, Razor Sharp Claws and Dirty Player (while being able to pick gaurd as a normal skill while they have to roll doubles) requires anymore skill?

Getting 3-4 blocks on offense without the AV7 team being able to prevent it is just as harsh.
Wombats

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

RSC - What's the point? Claw takes people out of the game better with Stuns, KO's

Keep playing your One Turner - You'll get bored soon.

Stalling to mash the other team is generally done in response to One Turners.

Cherry picking will be reduced by toning these down.

These account for 95% of the time I've not bothered playing Blood Bowl because they create situations where cheese overcomes good coaching.

Risk = fun. Foregone conclusion = Go do something other than play BB.

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Wombats wrote:
RSC - What's the point? Claw takes people out of the game better with Stuns, KO's

Keep playing your One Turner - You'll get bored soon.

Stalling to mash the other team is generally done in response to One Turners.

Cherry picking will be reduced by toning these down.

These account for 95% of the time I've not bothered playing Blood Bowl because they create situations where cheese overcomes good coaching.

Risk = fun. Foregone conclusion = Go do something other than play BB.

First off as for doing other things I work a full time job, have 4 kids, a wife, play Dungeons and Dragons on the weekend among other things.

You speak of risk. It is far riskier for a Skaven or Wood Elf team to play an Orc, Khemri, or Dwarf team then it is for them. Where is the risk in playing Bashy teams?

Stalling isn't done in response to 1 turners it is done because it can be very hard for AV7 teams to stop without taking a punishment.

Stalling is just as cheesy as 1 turners.
PacMan

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 02:05 Reply with quote Back to top

DaBoss wrote:
[You speak of risk. It is far riskier for a Skaven or Wood Elf team to play an Orc, Khemri, or Dwarf team then it is for them. Where is the risk in playing Bashy teams?

well I am new here at fumbbl but it seems rather obvious that you risk not scoring enough touch downs to win the match and hence do badly in the tourney/league/rating points or whatever. Because putting that gutter runner or wardancer down is hardly automatic no matter how many pain skills you pile onto a player.

Reducing a team to four players doesn't stop them from one-turning, nor does it happen without a hell of a lot more dice rolling than pulling a fast TD.

Your skaven somehow manage to have +17 CAS. There must be a limit to how great your pain can be eh? oh I see you have played a lot of elves... how surprising.... I guess you don't think those pain skills should be part of the game after all Wink
Renno

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

PacMan wrote:
DaBoss wrote:
[You speak of risk. It is far riskier for a Skaven or Wood Elf team to play an Orc, Khemri, or Dwarf team then it is for them. Where is the risk in playing Bashy teams?

well I am new here at fumbbl but it seems rather obvious that you risk not scoring enough touch downs to win the match and hence do badly in the tourney/league/rating points or whatever. Because putting that gutter runner or wardancer down is hardly automatic no matter how many pain skills you pile onto a player.

Reducing a team to four players doesn't stop them from one-turning, nor does it happen without a hell of a lot more dice rolling than pulling a fast TD.

Your skaven somehow manage to have +17 CAS. There must be a limit to how great your pain can be eh? oh I see you have played a lot of elves... how surprising.... I guess you don't think those pain skills should be part of the game after all Wink

I choose Claw on my Skaven in hopes to lessen the pain I take and even it out for my opponent.

If you noticed in my faction team the woodies I play have been with me since FQ and we've had some great games. And faction you have a limited pool of opponents to choose from.

And one of them have a 1 turner themselves. Wink

But I rarely turn down games. I've retired a Skaven team after playing a Chaos team with 5 Claws, 2 Razor Sharp Claws, 3 Mighty Blows, and 4 Tackles not to mention other skills like Diving Tackle on a mean STR 4 beastmen. Razz
Renno

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 02:23 Reply with quote Back to top

If you set your defense up right and my blitz doesn't take down your (Diving Tackle, Side Step, Shadowing) player then you can stop the 1-turn touch down.

A few ways exist to stop the 1-turner.

Nurgle, Chaos, and Skaven teams with Foul Appearances on the line can cause the 1-turner to drop the ball.
Bretter

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 02:27 Reply with quote Back to top

This is turning into another 1-turner thread... Which.. hey... it IS part of the game. Heck, the race descriptions even state that speed is the key to skavens, woodies, etc. It doesn't take a good coach to know that if you play a low AV team, you don't get into a slugfest with a strength team...

Wombats: Remember this team of yours? Judging by you're record with that team you are probably right Wink

Oh yeah, and Mully knows I'm not a good coach Razz
Wombats

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 03:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Bretter wrote:

Wombats: Remember this team of yours? Judging by you're record with that team you are probably right Wink

Errr...yeah they were my experiment with bashy teams. I don't think I'd be in a position to comment on the removal of RSC without having been on both sides...I like to handle the ball so Chaos ain't for me. I only kept playing them because the names and bio were fun. Go on, read 'em - It took me half an hour Smile

While we're digging into our dark past: Check out DaBoss' American Longtails...he's won against his wife's halfling team three times in a row. Not to mention his wife's Chaos team with an average score aroun 4 - 0. You'd think he'd give her some tips...

Which kind of makes me dubious about his opinions.

Not denigrating your opinion, though Bretter that's a nice balanced mix of opponents from the quick skim through your teams I saw.

I still haven't seen a decent argument for OTS or RSC here beyond "it's there so why not use it..."

RSC is one of the more popular changes coming out of the Vault right now - Check out M0nty's TalkBloodBowl polls - you guys are in the minority.

To quote your original post:
While they all seem cheap they are part of the game and I feel speed teams and especially low AV teams need something when strength teams have so much at hand to destroy low AV teams.

These are all annoying and all take the focus away from coaching and on to skill selection. Why have any of them?

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 03:34 Reply with quote Back to top

i dont see the problem with things like claw or dirty player. A lot of BB fluff i've read involves kicking a player when they are down.
Kommando

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 03:51 Reply with quote Back to top

lol, RSC removes players permanently, gives my players SPPs and, most importantly it gives me a perverse kind of satisfaction when i play someone annoying and something goes squish or some guilty feelings when its somebody nice and what makes a game better than emotions? Razz
 Jump to: