15 coaches online • Server time: 05:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wombats

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

"Bad" as in boring as opposed to "Bad" as in wins lots.

It's entertainment.

I'm not saying that coaches are stupid for using OTS, I'm saying the game would be more fun without them and some of the more extreme injury modifiers...

...the vault rules and Jervis' sentiments (remember some comment about Gutter Runners) are heading in the direction of less drastic injury modifiers and less OTS. Good stuff.

It's unfortunate Skaven will get nerfed hard from it but that's what the little corrections to teams rosters each revision are for (like Dark Elves getting more Blitzers).

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Skaven get nerfed hard? I find them the easiest team to win with (probably a personal thing) and I never take either Claw/RSC or VLL... Or make OTSs... Don't really see your point. Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah Skaven are hard as nails anyway. Cheap fast linos, super quick gutter runners and despite having wild animal ratogres are still worth a spot on the team.

I do seem to rememmber them having four storm vermin though. Wonder what happened Confused

Which skaven player lives long enough to get claw/rsc? Wadda you lot need one turners for anyway? Two turns is fast enough for me Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 02:48 Reply with quote Back to top

As in the general trend toward reducing one turners if continued would eventually nerf Skaven as they seem to get a lot out of one turners whereas Wood Elves can pull elfy Agility 4 Wardancer tricks as well.

Seemed to be a theme in Jervis' rants derived from his exhaustive research of the one league he is playing in.

Maybe he thinks Skaven are a bit cheesy Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Skaven don't need one turners to win. It's usually a waste of a good doubles to make a gutter runner a one turner and even then it won't help you win just draw if he doesn't get fouled to death.

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Jervis thinks everything is cheesy.

Blocking, fouling, mutations, other skills, the woodelf roster (?!?!), the kick off table, the injury table, the apothecary, the winnings system, the handicap system, the fan factor, err...cheese.

Lets just bump him off JFK style and be done with it (' no beard trimmers or stab thank you BANG')

Ah on the plus side your linerats might stay with the team a bit longer so you can put up some kind of defence. MA8 and sprint still sounded good to me though. Its not tough to get a 1 turn touchdown with most teams really but I'd rather it wasn't quite that easy Wink

'I like cheese its tasty' - Jervis Johnson
Wombats

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 04:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Jervis is a total nutjob but ignoring his deranged free form ramblings and looking at what is actually in the Vault rules it looks like an overall improvement.

Except for the new dopey skills and Dwarves need love??? Dwarves?
I mean >>>>>Dwarves<<<<<< "My armour fails once a half if I'm unlucky" style?

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 04:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Told you....

Poor guys obviously been sneakily been reading these threads and its finally driven him crackers. Ah well time to arrange a coup.

What is this dwarf thing anyway? They're not selling the models anymore?

If they'd have left the dwarf roster alone the rest of the vault rules would have sorted out their balance issues. Now I'm going to have to stick to avoiding them again (what a shame).

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 04:34 Reply with quote Back to top

The mad seers of TalkBloodBowl in their nutmeg sniffing induced haze prophesy that this is Jervis trying to bring back the whacky chainsaw antics of yesteryear.

Which is the exact opposite of the "streamline the rules" philosophy he has been espousing.

Not to mention why chainsaws on dwarves? Why not Gobbos or Chaos?
Is it just me or does beard trimmer just sound really stoooopid fluff-wise?
Maybe that dumb axe chucker model in WHFB isn't selling enough.

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

inquisitorpustus wrote:
Lets just bump him off JFK style and be done with it (' no beard trimmers or stab thank you BANG')

Well, Stab is an extraordinary skill which means it is only ever found on Stars, so no real problem there (if some people get their heads out of their posterior about giving the Rotter team Stab across the board anyway), but yes I agree... No Beardtrimmers! That's just silly. Dwarfs are plenty good as they are now.

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Speaking of one-turners... check this guy out: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=861254.

He has won me several games... He isn't a "true" one-turner but pushing one square without using a blitz is often easily accomplished. And then he's almost unstoppable.

Making one-turners makes very good sense. They are game winners and tiers, how many other players can that be said about? I've suprised quite a few with my Helf one-turner. Off course using great skill opportunities to make a one-turner might be over the edge when pushing (one square) is so easy, but not taking MA on a gutter runner that is just silly.

Mainly a agree with Topper, its about maximising your teams strengths.....