42 coaches online • Server time: 17:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Whoever was trying to play against AFK_Eagle and the team Scions of Shannara last night about 10 pm New York City time, I apologize for my sudden disconnect. I live in the midwest, and we'd been having thunderstorms much of the day. However, during your first turn the tornado sirens went off due to a twister having touched the ground nearby, so the internet got disconnected and we ran to the basement. It ended up going the other direction, so we're safe, and now if you're willing we can finish/restart our game (as it was only the first turn anyway). I'm afraid I was in such a hurry I'm not sure who I was playing at the time, other than it was a human team with a frenzy ogre and a str 4 frenzy blitzer, TR/TS of about 195/200 or so. If that's you, PM me so we can set up a time to finish, or to let me know to call the game off so we can continue with our lives.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Aug 26, 2004 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

See not all disconnectors are cheaters!

Kudos to you AFK Eagle!

/me claps
bartgoon

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2005 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Since this seems to be the place...
Hi, This is bartgoon, someone who is very new. New enough to have a disconnect and not write down my opponent coaches name. I lost fumbbl.com webpage and irc.fumbbl.com irc channels, and could not get back on them for reasons unknow. I have only been playing for two weeks, and this has happened three times.
So - I apologise to my opponent, and am trying to find out who you are to reschedule a game.

To the moderators or other clever people - How do I find out who I played last while my account is currently suspended? Could you PM me (to try this function) or email me - bart@oska.com.

I am on the forums now looking for a moderator...

EDIT: Thanks Whitey, Thanks admins. I am back on track, have sent my opponent a pm, and am grateful for the assistance received!

Bart
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2005 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

If you ever lose track of your opponent after a disconnection, I've got some advice that should solve 90% of your problem.

1) Open the directory that contains your save game files for Blood Bowl.
2) Sort the files by date.
3) Find the first 3 letters after "vs" from your most recent save file.
4) Plug those first three letters in the FUMBBL "Find Team or coach" search box and hope this triggers your memory.
5) If that didn't work, load up the save file in stand alone mode to find the team's name and then use the search box to find the coaches name.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Ulthuan Invitational

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2005 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

With the help of the mods I was able to sort it all out, and they took me through the steps to concede. Sorry again to berdollo, and big thanks to the moderators.
bartgoon

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2005 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

With the help of the mods I was able to sort it all out, and they took me through the steps to concede. Sorry again to berdollo, and big thanks to the moderators.
 Jump to: