47 coaches online • Server time: 16:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
simme

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 16:03 Reply with quote Back to top

what route do you think is the best for a gutter runner with no stats increase or dobbels?
MattiasF

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Go long, wait for a pass.
Elkerlyc

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Block, side-step, the rest depends on the rest of your team and/of style of play.

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Block, Side Step, Shadowing, Tackle
Block, Pass Block, Catch, Leap
Block, Side Step, Diving Tackle, Tackle

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

MattiasF wrote:
Go long, wait for a pass.

Heh. Thanks. That one helped an otherwise craptacular morning.

You get 4 GRs to play with, so they should almost always specialize based upon those few doubles or +stats they pick up. Barring any of those, however, I'd say a good baseline would be:
block,
sidestep,
leap,
passblock,
shadowing,
tackle and
either catch, strip ball or sure feet.

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

depends, if you have no thrower as i play then then 1 with surehands, stripball is a must on 1(with block sidestep...
another with shadowing diving tackle can be a great safety

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Shadowing have work like a charm, and Im quite fond of Sure Feet as well. They then to GFI alot, and thats what usally kills them.
You need to wait for the first double to actully steamline them into something useful.

Dont go for catch. They very seldom use that, and then AG4 usally is enough. Just pary you have a TRR handy for those rare occations. Or amybe thats just me, but I never got the passing game to work with Skavens.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

All 4 of my gutters, after taking block, grabbed strip ball next. I'm more than willing to take a 2d block opponent chooses if I have a rr, as all I need is a pushback to jar the ball loose, then a second gutter scoops it up to send to a third gutter who scores. Aggravates the heck out of opposing coaches. Sidestep/diving tackle is incredibly useful, esp if you get tackle to prevent free rr's from dodge skills. Get the combo on 2 of them, then swarm around the ball carrier, and he'll have a heck of a time trying to get the ball loose to advance. Then passblock/leap/catch for the other couple. True, catch is usually not needed for agi 4 gutters, but for passblock it allows a second attempt to intercept. Of course, take all stat increases, while doubles open up whole new doors--dauntless/horns for an incredible blitzer; NoS/FA on your passblockers to really foul up opposing passing game; the possibilities are endless!

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps go for block, strip ball, leap with one GR. And Block, sidestep, diving tackle, tackle on two. Worked pretty well for me. I chose shadowing as the next skill for the strip baller.

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

1 gr block, dauntless, stripball, tackle, leap, possibly horns
2 gr block, sidestep, shadowing, tackle, leap/passblock/diving tackle, guard/ foul appearance on doubles
1 gr block, sidestep, diving tackle, passblock, foul appearance/vll on doubles

1st normal skill always block, first double always dauntless.

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

to totally confuse you, i like catch a lot cause i prefer the pass before i run into the endzone and witch catch in the back you can catch in a tackle zone with not much of a risk.
Strip Ball is not my favourite as long as you don't have dauntless Smile
Leap is ok, but good old dodges combined with 9 moves normally makes you see the Line...
Lord-Willi

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

to totally confuse you, i like catch a lot cause i prefer the pass before i run into the endzone and witch catch in the back you can catch in a tackle zone with not much of a risk.
Strip Ball is not my favourite as long as you don't have dauntless Smile
Leap is ok, but good old dodges combined with 9 moves normally makes you see the Line...
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Moral of the story:

It's hard to go wrong with GRs. Almost anything you throw on him will be good. Just get block early (to keep him alive!) and don't take sprint/sure feet first to try to force him into a 1-turner - that's dull and generally less than useful than a well-rounded GR.

If your GR makes your opponent curse, then he's doing his job. Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2004 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

You get a warm fuzzy feeling inside when your opponent says "Nothing I can do against those four GRs." Smile

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2004 - 03:04 Reply with quote Back to top

And i get a warm fuzzy feeling on my boots when one of my Khemrians punches straight through ones chest *grins*
 Jump to: