15 coaches online • Server time: 05:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wombats

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2004 - 03:36 Reply with quote Back to top

We've put together a rotting great big strategy guide for Lizardmen:

http://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pagename=LizardmenStrategy

and it would be great if a few of you guys have a team you like and want to compile the opinions of great coaches, improve your game and leave a spiffy looking page for posterity...please go and do it!

Playing Lizardmen gives me considerably more joy than any board/computer game should legally be allowed to provide.

So I started a couple of threads and asked some good Lizardmen players what they thought. I have to say my game has improved wonderfully with all that good advice and criticism of my tactics (Skink passing plays!). Hope new Lizard coaches get something out of it.

I think we could do with more comprehensive guides like these - I could really use one for Chaos Dwarves, for example.

The fancy formatting can be found here:
http://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pagename=TextFormattingRules
and is worth using as I think many guides are limited in size by their readability. Thankyou very much to Colin for that and more.

You can just browse to Help/FAQ -> Racial Strategies and Rosters -> Strategies and hit Edit although it is worth posting a prototype on the forums and getting feedback over a week or so as it's easier to edit and the best ideas come from multiple opinions.

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2004 - 05:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Well done and useful Wombats!
On behalf of the the community,
Thank you for your efforts Smile
Wombats

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2004 - 08:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Colin has been going hard at the Dark Elves, High Elves, Norse and Undead, too.

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2004 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I never really intended my own guides to be final versions (a number of the guides I've written are for races I've never played!); rather, they are placeholders for more comprehensive guides such as Wombat's wonderful Lizardman guide, which he put together brilliantly, using the forum to gather many opinions together. If we use a similar process for the other guides, we could well end up with a strategy and tactics resource the envy of the BB playing community! I suggest we use the User Guide forum for any similar projects, so I can moderate them.

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2004 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

only read quickly, i'll do that more carefully later, but thumbs up for the work !

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2004 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

only read quickly, i'll do that more carefully later, but thumbs up for the work !

Post   Posted: Sep 02, 2004 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe we should just start a thread on the ones we want to deal with and let people put their ten cents in.

More likely to attract people by letting them be opinionated than asking for volunteers...unless someone is about to prove me wrong by doing it Smile

Jump to: