28 coaches online • Server time: 03:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SubSonic

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2004 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Do people actually read the rules anymore? Or do they just dribble and push the pretty buttons?

Having more than one kick player on the field DOSENT DO ANYTHING!!!

Having two players with kick I can kind of understand just in case one of them gets hurt but it would be an insane waste to give it to this player.

I have a slight feeling those kick-comments were supposed to be jokes Very Happy
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2004 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I would actually give him Passblock. Thought it might be too late, an AG5 Pass blocker becomes a pain. THEN you give him leap, and he just becomes an overall pain in the ass...

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=773906

Z
Trekamp

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2004 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, funny how people can spend their time advising their oppenonts on skills, but whenever pople have a relevant question about rules, client matters etc. they just rant and complaint about it......

Whoever started this topic: no hard feelings, just commenting on the public on fumbbl.

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2004 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

SubSonic wrote:
Quote:

Do people actually read the rules anymore? Or do they just dribble and push the pretty buttons?

Having two players with kick I can kind of understand just in case one of them gets hurt but it would be an insane waste to give it to this player.

I have a slight feeling those kick-comments were supposed to be jokes Very Happy

Probably were. Sometimes its a bit difficult to tell with sk8bcn though Razz
Legbreaker

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2004 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

inquisitorpustus wrote:

I think that's pretty much the point of those posts Very Happy

Or maybe you're ironic too, which would mean the joke's on me. Darn.
Incubus

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2004 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Buttercup, GET OFF the f'ing kick suggestions...

That has to be the 1 millionth time you made that stupid JOKE suggestion!

Man, getting married must screw men up more that usual....
AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2004 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Trekamp: People are supposed to know the rules before playing. If they don't it is not our duty to help them, because they are partaking of the game without being prepared. And there is a rulebook already in place... all they have to do is read it to find the rule.

However, for a skill, they are asking for opininons, that are not listed in a rule book. So, people answer skill questions more.

Z
Buttercup

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2004 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Now now, Incubus, don't confuse forums when complaining about the recycling of kick jokes...
Colin

Post   Posted: Sep 03, 2004 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Quoting from the Dark Elf racial strategy guide in the User Guide ( http://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pagename=DarkElfStrategy ):

"Players with Agility bonuses are also good - Block/Dodge and Block/Strip Ball/Leap are good, Sure Hands has potential for gathering the ball in multiple tackle zones, probably best if you already have Strip Ball players in the team, Pass Block/Catch/Nerves of Steel(dbl) make frightening interception machines, and Leap/Guard(dbl) gives you an assist anywhere you need it."
milnestar

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't believe there are still people on Fumbbl who don't know th ekick joke. You guys never in chat. Guaranteed whenever anyone asks advice on a skill you respond 'kick'. It;s a joke and funny as well !

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

milnestar wrote:
I can't believe there are still people on Fumbbl who don't know th ekick joke. You guys never in chat. Guaranteed whenever anyone asks advice on a skill you respond 'kick'. It;s a joke and funny as well !

Yeah, it's incredible funny, I've seen noobs taking silly skills for the players because of jokes like this one...
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

inquisitorpustus wrote:
SubSonic wrote:
Quote:

Probably were. Sometimes its a bit difficult to tell with sk8bcn though Razz

lol. I'm not often serious on tactics. I would, if I would be among the best coaches. I was also not serious in the 1000 foulers post thread. I hope, you did not take me seriously.
Eddy

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 12:22 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, jokes on a forum to give advice is bleh i think. plenty other places to joke, let's keep this place dedicated to helping people instead.

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Trekamp wrote:
Well, funny how people can spend their time advising their oppenonts on skills, but whenever pople have a relevant question about rules, client matters etc. they just rant and complaint about it......

Rules are in the rulebook or on the rules page on the site. They are not open to discussion (unless you wish to propose a change). You shouldn't bother us with asking about them. You should go read them.

Choosing a skill is something where multiple things can occur. Tactics are involved. In that case, discussion actually has a point.

I hope you see the vast difference.

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2004 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Do as I do sometimes. Take the skill on the name. Or roll a dice.

There's a problem on that technique. I do not have any 7-faces dice. I did not find any solution. Cool

Any suggestion.
 Jump to: