42 coaches online • Server time: 09:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which Skill Should I Take?
Pro
24%
 24%  [ 8 ]
Razor Sharp Claws
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
Dodge
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
Tentacles
27%
 27%  [ 9 ]
Something else you fool!! (Specify below)
18%
 18%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 33

Unxerxes

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2004 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to have some suggestion concerning Walt here... first skill he rolled 11 so I took the agility as an agility 4 rat ogre is rather nice to have. I thought, hey he'll get block on 16 spp so no biggie... but now as he reached his 2nd skill, he rolled doubles and I'm very uncertain which is the best way to go...

If I were to develop him into a scorer, pro would be a good choice since it would allow me to reroll the WA-roll and any pick-up's/catches he has to do. But with his still rather limited move (slowest on the team) he hardly ever reaches the endzone before a double skull/Block-skull or a lucky -2d block knocks him over. And off course, pro only works half the time...

I was also considering giving him razor sharp claws as he still blocks an awfull lot and it would increase his spp-level too more quickly thus getting him block sooner and making him more reliable as a blitzer (I would still have to deal with the WA though but on a blitz, a 1+ isn't that bad a chance). This however has the drawback that a lot more people will be hesitant to play against my skaven out of fear of losing players and I would probably end up playing more bashy teams then agility teams meaning my av7-rats would soon start to die off too more quickly...

The third choice I was considering was dodge as it is a 100% reroll for all the 2+ dodges he makes at the moment in order to dodge free and blitz the ball carrier (or someone else). It would also make him a lot harder to take down as tackle isn't such an obvious choice for other big guys untill 3th or 4th skill since most people realise that small dodgers wont be standing next to their big guys for long and will mostly be fast enough to move out of their blitzing range in a single turn...

And then there's off course tentacles but that doesn't seem such a good choice in this case...

Anyway, any input on this matter would be greatly appreciated

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2004 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Voted something else myself on behalf of Tautology who suggested stand firm which would indeed eliminate all risk of the dodges (no more turnovers and rogre killing himself on a tripped up dodge) and when he's frenzying side;iners, he wouldn't be able to be pushed out of bounds himself... both very good reason to go with stand firm. Any other thoughts are still welcome though...

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2004 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

dodge offcourse with AG4 you need that reroll on your dodge and he can be a master goal scorer. Just blitz out of everthing with him carrying the ball

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2004 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Be aware you can't use Pro on catch rolls in the client.

And i think claws is a much better choice than RSC (but I would still take Pro Very Happy )
Unxerxes

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2004 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Good thing you mention that AvatarDM... didn't know pro didn't work on catches in the client... And claw would be more strategic (more stuns and ko's) but wouldn't increase his cas-rate by much iirc... Gonna go look for the thread with those figures in em now...

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Found it and if I read the numbers right, MB+RSC only increases your cas chance by 1% compared to MB+Claw but your Stun-or-worse-chance is about 20% higher with MB+Claw when compared to MB+RSC. Can anyone confirm these numbers?

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

WA and a scorer and believe 1+ is reliable? even with pro I would not.

dodge. Maybe but not for blitzing a ball carrier. always that 1+ roll.

RSC? I prefer claw. mighty blow on injury. statistically (and not only my opinion) claw brings more injurys as RSC.

I still would go for pro. I like reliable players. AG 4 + pro give him a chance to dodge when needed and well he's inactivity is halved.

a bit of probabilities:

chance to blitz with AG4, WA and dodge (a normal dodge) 79%
chances to blitz with ag 4, WA and pro 79% roughly too.

I do not add blitzes chances but 69% of time you will not need pro nor dodge. pro can help you on actions. dodge on not beeing knocked prone. it's up to you're choice.

but I take pro.
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

tentacles, otherwise he will suck up all your blitzes, pro is as reliable as the london underground, so tent can hold his prey and you can use something else to blitz.
spikes are nice too Av9 Wink give him a bit more shelf life maybe.

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

tents you fool
i feel no pain i feel no pain you fool

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

foul apparence is probably better than +1 AV. Without skill it's 16% chances to miss any attempt to hit him.

without MB or claw, AV9 is passed 1 time out of six 6 (16%)
AV 8 is passed 10/36 so 28%

Indeed you gain 12% chances to save you're ogre with spike and 16% with FA.

Additionnaly with FA he is not knocked prone.
Glomp

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

The people who voted for pro hate you and want to wee on your mother.

Take tentacles and be happy you jammy sod.

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

tentacle+prehensive tail. Cool combo lol.

Zy-Nox is the chief here. But she's inquisitor's girl so she must have a real bad taste. Or be very very uglyer as her avatar shows her.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

did you see people??? Zy shows so shows inquisitor a few secs later. He guard Zy very tighly. lol.

But sometimes Zy needs to breath so he (she?) throws inquisitor out of chat.

You wanna know how it goes here, ask sk8bcn! Wink

Last edited by sk8bcn on %b %10, %2004 - %00:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Glomp

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

www.dictionary.com

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
WA and a scorer and believe 1+ is reliable? even with pro I would not.

dodge. Maybe but not for blitzing a ball carrier. always that 1+ roll.

RSC? I prefer claw. mighty blow on injury. statistically (and not only my opinion) claw brings more injurys as RSC.

Well, I don't have the numbers here, but you make more injuries with RSC than with Claw against AV8 or less, you do the same amount against AV9 and less against AV10... (not counting stuns or KOs)
 Jump to: