44 coaches online • Server time: 00:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

So! What kind of tournament would people be interested in playing? Long term/Short Term, Wacky/Serious, What kind of theme etc? Big/small group

Id consider making another tourney but im interested to see what people want in the first place!!!
Aconite

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

A long term tournament, that isn't too serious, where no-one drops out would be nice...

Or just any tournament where no-one drops out would be nice, I haven't been in many, but all of them have had teams that pull out for one reason or another (or more often, no reason...)

But a long term one would definitely be good, no retiring of teams, so even if you've been destroyed by your previous opponent you have to keep going. I like a good challenge. Have I started waffling a bit now?

(Brad Osberg)
Docnessuno

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

a classical tournament, like the table game, round robin or open RR with brand new TR 100 teams and at least 12-16 players

maybe something like:

2 weeks of pre season with 0-3 matches for each team, ORR
main season with RR, 2 divisions
Ko for the top 2 of each division

allowed teams: ranked
Boelcke

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

...I'd like a tournament (league) with about 8 teams per division and the option to drop-out/start a new team BETWEEN each season...and with players that show good sportsmanship in respecting this and thus ALWAYS finish the current season without conceding or dropping out no matter how badly beaten-up their team is...
quota

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to play in a league where noone dropped out in the middle of a season, where noone conceeded, where noone played to destroy teams but only to win (could be through bashing of course). I would like lots of teams of great variety so it wasn't 80% bashers, where people had fluffy teams, and where there are several divisions that people can move up and down in in order to try and get to the playoff.

...but it will never happen.

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Any tourmanent with active dedicated coaches where the teams are forced to play more then one game per week. The tournament must have a fixed schedule so that people cant cherrypick (if one wants to cherrypick then stay in the open format). Id also like the league to accept only LRB teams and all TR/STR can join. The league should contain several division, and the seeding for the first season should be decided on TR.

Im playing a league at the moment where there is an open format so you get to choose wich opponents you wanna play. I play dwarfs and havent been challenged by a single team and i have challenged most of the teams in my group (some several several times) and havent gotten a single game yet and the tournament is like 1-2 months old. If you join a tournament you must be prepared to play whatever team thrown at you, the winner shouldnt be decided on who picks the easiest fights.

So want i want is a kind of faction with a fixed schedule and games 2-3 times per week.
kurre

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2004 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I have one up my sleeve, but duno if it will become reality Wink
It 0wn5 tbh Wink

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2004 - 08:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I gave up on organizing tournies... even had one where I only took players I invited. Still had a 40% non-play rate in week 3.

Not that I am angelic or anything, I've dropped out of a tourny or two in my time as well.

Best tourny / smoothest running tourny I've been involved in is the Waaaaaaaaagh! run by Caileanhawk, and Mully's tournament WWB is probably the best "normal" BB tourny.

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2004 - 08:08 Reply with quote Back to top

would love to see the standard bloodbowl tourney's, with rewards, like chaos cup (mutations on doubles) or the re-roll trophy, etc etc

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2004 - 09:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer fixed schedules like kurre does. There should be a strict timeline for each match, so the league keeps going.
The fun factor drops dramatically if a league is halted for a month or more because of coaches who lack discipline.

Knock out tournaments are nice too, but only when the teams are non improving. Why non improving? Because teams whose oppenent concede would get too much advantage otherwise.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2004 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

A bloody tournament in wich death is the main goal and a plenty load of dirty's player out there.
Dementor

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2004 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

*Blatant advertising*

For those that want to play with a fixed schedule (2 weeks) with unranked teams up to TR 160 there is The Ulysses Maverick Trophy (UMT). There is also Super UMT for teams with TR>160. The Playoffs of the first season are about to start. PM BB_Pad for details or read the UMT forum thread.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2004 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

lol. Is it here a pub thread? I have some championships that i can also do some pub Wink
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2004 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I would join any kind of tournament except those that need a developed team because I don't have one right now