28 coaches online • Server time: 00:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy is back?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Shivan

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I tried to look it the following skills up in the living rulebook, but I cant find them there.

Off for a bite
Undead

what do they do??
GreenDragon

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Off for a bite is a vampire thing...
They're hungry, and they like blood. on a roll of 1, they won't show up to the game (or half.. not certain), cauz they're of feeding on a poor innocent fat orc in the crowd Smile.
Don't know about undead.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2004 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Check the User Guide for a complete, updated list.

So, I say that and now I give the man a fish... Ah well, here goes:

OFAB is a new Racial Trait which came up with the Vampire team. It has since been used on a few House Rule Stunty teams. I'd strongly suggest reading the rules (linked above), but basically it is a nasty habit of vampires... eating their own teammates.

Undead and Thrall are also rules which came about and are FUMBBL-specific traits in that they are used to make the JavaBBowl client obey the rules for vamps. Undead simply means that the player can't use an apothecary. Thrall simply means that the player with the trait is a suitable target for OFAB.

These are used only for those few teams which are either Experimental (Vampires in divX and U) or House Ruled (ie: Stirgoyan and Squig). If you're playing in divR, for example, they will never come up.

They aren't in the LRB because OFAB hasn't been made an official part of the rules yet (although it is under consideration by the BBRC) and Undead and Thrall are added only to cover "special" team-based rules which came up with the introduction of the Vampire team. They have no real effect on the game beyond "forcing" the extra rules to work properly and they can't be gained by players at any point. They're all Racial Traits like Regeneration or Stunty. They have no possible effect on a match between LRB teams - so don't worry about them being "broken" or unofficial unless you want to dabble with them.

Jump to: