49 coaches online • Server time: 16:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Deadlines and interest?
Keep it as it is
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Be strict
44%
 44%  [ 12 ]
10+5 is a good idea
29%
 29%  [ 8 ]
I do not care
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 27

sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2004 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Should I keep it as it is?
Should I make the 10 +5 (ten days to play, if it is not done you MUST send a pm to me to get the 5 additionnal days showing that they want to play)
Do you have another idea.

Schould I be very strict on dealines?

The fact is, quick players loose interest in waiting to much, slower are annoyed by an pace that cannot be followed.

Additionnaly I think on a technique to keep interest during the tourney. For exemple, TR 100-125 everyone know dony has won. The challenge is somehow over. Schould I introduce some kind of Coach or team ranking and do you have an idea how to score?
Trekamp

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2004 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

And be strict! It is piss annoying to wait too long. But i guess you will have to wait fot next round, since people signed up under the current terms.

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2004 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer a 15 day term, but I think the deadline must be respected by all teams.

Quote:
Additionnaly I think on a technique to keep interest during the tourney. For exemple, TR 100-125 everyone know dony has won. The challenge is somehow over. Schould I introduce some kind of Coach or team ranking and do you have an idea how to score?

I play a league until my team has finished all matches, even if there is already a winner, so for me it's not a problem. If you want to introduce a sort of team ranking, the league manager may be the answer, the points are based on the TR difference, so it's possible that the team who wins the league isn't the same that has better performance.

For a little example on how it works: http://www.geocities.com/jan_mattys/indexBB.html (it's in italian, I hope it's easy to understand
Cynther

Post   Posted: Sep 26, 2004 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep it as it is... Quicker coaches can play matches ahead, regardless of deadlines. Provided, of course, that the opponents has played all their previous matches too.
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2004 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say 14 days (2 weeks) and make it very strict.

Just my 2 cts...

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2004 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Stricter deadlines would be good.
Trekamp

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2004 - 01:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Cynther wrote:
Keep it as it is... Quicker coaches can play matches ahead, regardless of deadlines. Provided, of course, that the opponents has played all their previous matches too.

Errr, what if a quicker coach meets a slow????

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2004 - 05:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Think a strict deadline is good.

Side note, there are 2 TR 100-125 groups yes?
Isn't it possible therefore that a team from the other group could win? (Not biased at all by the fact that I am currently leading the other group but... )
Delta

Post   Posted: Sep 27, 2004 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, speaking as one of the slower coaches I am all in favour of the 10+5 option (although I think 7+5 is better).
Whilst I get plenty of time to check my PM's and glance at what's going on in the world of Fumbbl, I rarely get a lot of time to play.
This is changing as I have told my be-atch I need more Fumbbl time. Twisted Evil

Just as soon as she forgives me I will be playing more often!! Embarassed

Post   Posted: Sep 29, 2004 - 21:46 Reply with quote Back to top

as you wish
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2004 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Just about TR 100-125. The first of group 2 will have a hard time to play against Dony who already won group 1.

About beeing strict, I fell that 10+5 is roughly the same as 15+ beeing strict. At least it avoids me to run after the players to know if they want to play it or not.

(I send this one as my opinion not to say that I will do 10+5. It's only a debat. For now it's the strict option that risk to come out but how to attribute the forfeit. That's a tough thing to handle indeed.).
SirJacks

Post   Posted: Sep 30, 2004 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

You want an answer ?

Hurggg !!

You can create a league with only your own teams ;o) !!!

eheh (private joke)
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Oct 01, 2004 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I do. Guess why I have highten up my Coach ranking.
 Jump to: