17 coaches online • Server time: 07:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2004 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

You remeber all this boring fouls threads. Some said why coulnd't there be a blocking: part of the game.

That made me think about a a new championship idea:

We are not anymore in a mediaval setting. The world changed and the mood changed. It became a non-violent game. Video and replays prevent the game to get too rough.

So main rule would be: any player that injury another one has too be waived. Is it foul or by blocking.

So the whole game would be a different one. Block skill woulnd't be that effective. Scoring would occur most (if you use a top blitzer, he always will risk to have to be waived.)

Of course I know that means the game will be dominated by elves. But I find the idea interesting for the different tactics you have to develop. It's the same as injurys league but on the opposite side.

Last think, crowed injury isn't the team foul, so throw them out is a good idea Wink
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2004 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Nah.

I foul maybe once very 5 matches or so. Without having a dp mind you.

But it IS a part of the game.
It only goes wrong when people use it as a strategy because fouling with DP is currently too good.

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2004 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

um......i reread that and still have no idea what the discussion is about, but what the hey, it says Fouling so lets go sick and make another mega thread!

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2004 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's a new league concept which makes "skill" a big part of the game.

ie - can you still win with 11 vs 11 on the field. Ineresting concept. Could be a pain in the ass when you have to waive that ST4 52 Spp War Dancer when he badly hurts a lineman clearing a path for a friend.

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2004 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

ok.....waive...thats the word that threw me i think having considered it. do you mean by waive, that he is like, out fo the game, red carded sort of thing from that soccer thing i see on the tele sometimes? or is it like in AFL where he gets to play on but misses the next game or two because the tribunal have suspended him for unduly rough play or something?

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2004 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Arf the title is only a joke.

The main thread is about:

What do you think about a tournament in which every injury you cause force you to retire the player that injured the other one.

If we would start with an U team TR 100 you would have to keep tha cas column free.

So you had to build off new techniques to be competitive in that tournament.

IT IS NOT A FOUL THREAD. I DON'T CARE IF YOU FOUL OR NOT OR IF YOU LIKE TO OR NOT. AND I DO NOT CARE IF YOU HATE TURN 8 FOUL AND SO ON. DO THIS HERE AND I PROMISE: I WILL FOUL YOU ON TURN 8 WITH A DP IF I CAN.

talk here about the tournament concept.
JoeKano

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2004 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

you have to retire him? ouch
thats gonna be hard, and the game mechanic that adds +1 to FF rll for injuries would need to be changed
else people are gonna lose FF left right and centre and never have any cash to replace any poor bugger who you have to retire because you tried for a push and only got pows. hmmmm

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2004 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

it could be ok though, but yeh elves would have to suck though. dodge and tackle to shiut down the dodges would be the big skills i guess as well as shadowing etc

but would a cas from failing to dodge count for this waive thing against the plyer you tried t dodge?

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2004 - 14:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Skaven would work too i reckons, witht he GR's and the big guy hsaving prehensile tail yeh to stop dodge away, and nurgles wit tentacles maybe but i think the leves would still have the advantage with the ag4, humans with the dodge on the catchers nd amazons ofc would be good picks but i still just keep coming back to elves being a suck to have to play, they already pull off to much bull and get away with it, what woul they be like when you couldn't even mangle a few....

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2004 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

What a stupid thread.
Seppuku

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2004 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

To me, the concept was sort of appealing for about 30 seconds, until you realise avoiding blocks will cost you FF, and as mentioned you'd not have the cash to replace enforced retired players.

What happens about DP's??? They don't get cas...?
What happens after 4 games when you have 8 players and 5 FF ???

All-in-all, sort of a good idea, but unworkable, imo.

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2004 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:

We are not anymore in a mediaval setting. The world changed and the mood changed. It became a non-violent game. Video and replays prevent the game to get too rough.

Yeaarh Lets call it Milk Bowl
Dust

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2004 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course, a whole new suite of skills would be developed, including but not limited to:

Not-so-dirty player: either +2 to armor roll or -2 to injury roll

Pathetic Blow: like Mighty Blow, but with -1/-1

Piling Off: you are allowed to reroll armor rolls in case you beat the armor value

Really Dull Fingernails: -2 to injury rolls

Soft Skin: -1 to own armor value

Thin Skull: a KO has 50% chance of being a serious injury instead

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2004 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

lol, here's some more...

Daunted: every block is a 2dice block against

Push: if you block someone and get a POW, it's treated as a pushback

Brittle bones: This subtracts 1 from the players STR if he moves at least one square before blocking

Timid: all opposing players in this player's TZ count as having guard

Nerves of Jelly: Opposing players within 2 squares count as being in this player's TZ when he attempts to throw / catch / pick up the ball

Unsteady: if this player is pushed back, he is moved 2 squares rather than 1
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Oct 03, 2004 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I do not agree with the low FF for not making cas. With less blocks score tend to be high and therefor the winner still get a +2 roll.

yes of course, playing bashers in such a tournament would be stupid, as playing elves in a basher championship (like those you get additionnal points for cas).

besides, tackle is a good skill but dangerous too. opponent with dodge will not be that much injured but will dodge easely. With tackle, get away is harder but a block is more likely to knock him down. So you maybe need a 50/50 on tackler to prevent him to dodge away, one to hit.
 Jump to: