30 coaches online • Server time: 14:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AbsoluteZero

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2004 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Lightning bolt of the Dwarf fans. Fastest ever Runner in dwarf history. Fielded in a game against Chaos, where the numbers ran short. One of the biggest mistakes in Coach Zero's history. Now, CCC can no longer be one of the fastest dwarf teams in fumbbl.

30 secs. everyone. Thanks.

PS. seriously, welcome comments from anyone with a dwarf team or had one... on how to develop teams.

Footloose, CCC Running Back
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=908655
Arma

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2004 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

He went through Meatgrinder.
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2004 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

people like this die all the time, i wanted to a real good player die Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2004 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Speedy team indeed. I particularly like Hotfoot...now that's a dwarf! Him and Pound are definitely the stars of the team IMHO.

Post   Posted: Oct 05, 2004 - 17:22 Reply with quote Back to top

You got what you deserved, you turn 16 fouler.

:Twisted Evil:

Post 20 Posted: Oct 06, 2004 - 06:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Turn 16 fouler? did you mix me up with someone else? normally i dunt even foul... anyway...

pound is pretty useful, but so is the other st up dwarf. but the speed, was what made my team different...

sigh...
AbsoluteZero

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2004 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

!!! ANNOUNCEMENT !!!

Footloose's replacement, Footloose II's first skill roll was a +AG up ! Already!

Guess we aren't really going to miss Footloose I that much... that niggling little grit...

Haha... Coach Zero is an absolute heartless gutterscum
Trif

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2004 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

he's not any better than my retired MA8 runner, and at least mine scored some TD's! you dont see me whinning about the fact that he failed aging rolls at two consecutive rolls, do you?

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=1215684

"Now that's an esophagous!"
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2004 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I do see you Smile.

-Mnemon
AbsoluteZero

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2004 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Why shouldn't you whine? ma 8 is the best thing a dwarf can have. makes 2 turn tds all that much easier. its a world of difference between ma7 and ma8, coz i find i can cage that all important one square less for the 2 turn equalizer.

double ma ups are prefered on all my runners as compared to normal strength ups. and haha... like mnemon says.... I may not see you whine, but he does... lol

but then again, you DO have a right to whine in my opinion. Hard to find as effective a player...

now i have to play dwarfball ;(( which is rather boring. Although in my opinion, the game is rigged. we only play teams that gear specially to kill strength teams, and have nothing whatsoever against AG teams, because they never will find coaches nutty enough to play them
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2004 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Why you shouldn't whine - especially on the forums - is that it happens all the fridgin' time that some player nobody ever heard about that happend to have a couple good advancements leaves the pitch. It'd be plain annoying and make the forums unreadable if there'd be a thread for each of those. So please don't start that trend. If you think nobody will play dwarves with non-strength teams you haven't met the right people yet. Just don't expect somebody to be happy about playing dwarves every game with halflings either, however.

-Mnemon
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2004 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

So at what cutoff then do we start allowing for entries in the Obits section? I thought the whole premise behind that one forum was to flash one last time a favorite player, regardless the caliber! Mayhaps it's a complete rookie player, who never made a skill before dying in his 33rd game! There's some serious fluff you can ascribe there, yet it's doubtful others will have heard about it. Are we going to restrict future Obits only to legends? Who's to say even a legend has been heard about by other coaches (more than those who've played against him, that is)?

Quite frankly, the Obits section gets underused IMHO. More people should throw out names of favorite players they're saying farewell to. Now, I agree let's not get carried away and start a thread for every single player gone, but if you can add some storyline and background history fluff to say goodbye, then by all means do so! I think it enhances the community and spirit, not clutters.

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2004 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

The idea of the obits section was to collect orbituaries for the Grotty Little Newspaper - which is why it is under that header too. See older editions ot the GLN for how that looked like. Hopefully if/in case the GLN will be picked up again the Obits section actually would serve a purpose again.

-Mnemon
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2004 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually I'd love to peruse past issues, but all I see on the forum is threads for articles, obits, and advertisements to include in the GLN and ideas for GLN improvements. Where is a link to the actual GLN product itself?

Post   Posted: Oct 12, 2004 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

In the fumbbl menu. Depends on which style you use, thus. Here is the direct link: http://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=13&page=1
 Jump to: