33 coaches online • Server time: 01:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2004 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay I heard that their great strenght is they great all-around capabality, but as I set them up for offense I wonder.

Should I cage a bit? Is this reliable? and caging for what reason? protect the ball the time catcher runs deep in defense? With AG 3 for passer and catcher is that a real reliable tactic? Not that much...
Si isn't the cage too.

I can't even run quick with handoffs. My players aren't quick enough and a skilled coach will know you down you're transmitter.

Maybe they are strong at higher TR but I talk within the 100-140 TR range.

They question is motivated by all the human tournament regulary set off by FUMBBL coaches.

So I'd like so precision about tactics for Humans vs Humans.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2004 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

With Humans it really depends on the team you are playing against. Playing against a quick agile one? Cage, by all means, they always will outdo you in the passing game. On the other hand don't ever try to outbash strength teams. Use your high ma players against those.That being said the most important skill for your blitzers is guard. Don't build the team around Mblow blitzers.

As with all quick, but weak catchers they only really make sense in pairs. Once you have two it is much harder to prevent both from being in a good position. Add your ma7 blitzers and you have a good number of players that actually can play a running as well as a passing game. Always have at least one catcher around on defense - high ma means they are always a scoreing threat and can lend assists wherever. The four blitzers also make for good cornerstones for a cage that can change direction and move forward quickly - all of them come with block and thus help.

As for Humans vs. Humans the same as with all same race meetings is true really - play to your teams strength and hope the opponent rolls worse than you do. In that case protect the ball and try to move a cage - but at the same time have an alternative route open for a passing game. Take out the opponent catchers if you can and use your linemen to limit movement.

-Mnemon
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2004 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Best Human tactic so far: roll as many +AG as you can.
Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2004 - 11:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I've got a better one, roll +2 str on all 4 blitzers. Cool

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2004 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

wow... gotta try that! Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2004 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

they are allround so every tactic suits them... Rolling Eyes
the main advantage is u have a fall back plan cause they can addopt many strategies, from caging to throwing
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2004 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to Mnemon first for his advices-I've seen some similar in a "human starting lineup" thread before.

Okay you have many backup plans but the toughness of all is to change you're plan to another one not that reliable.

Imagine I set up a cage and let my catcher run deep the threat the opponent. Usually get at least 1 player and probably 2 covering you're catcher, givin' you the upperup around the cage. But what if he stuns me two or more players. I know my cage will fall appart on his next turn? What do I do? try to cover the ball carrier at all cost and stay near the "center of fights"? I'm not a basher. If his has advantage of number I will not win at that.
Make a deep pass? Ag3 for thrower and for catcher. If I miss, I can forget the touchdown and such an error usually means a loss or at least will payed off costly. My human is no elf, pick up ball in a TZ and dodge away is very difficult for him.
Run away? I'm not that quick at all. I'm not a ska.

Of course I understand that, when you have got some skills, yes all these techniques become reliable and so I get dangerous but at low TR, let's say 100-140 I'm rely too much on good dice rolls.

Beside that, If you would play hu vs hu, who would you try to get out from the court? I would say the catchers but I'm not that sure.
Eddy

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2004 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

well, you say that you're at low TR and thus don't have many skills. well, you mustn't have looked correctly at the human roster. they have ALL the skills you need at low TR, that's why they're so all-around. blitzers have block, catchers have dodge and catch, throwers have sure hands and pass, and linos are cheap and rather resistant. what else do you need ? you're stronger than many teams at this TR.

in the above post you ask what happens when you get your cage crushed. i'm sorry, but if you're playing a light team, this is very unlikely to happen. and if you're not, well then you're not listening, because you've been told not to cage against teams stronger than you.

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2004 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

no team is reliable from start except dwarves!
ever tried to play a 2 reroll chaos or lizard team from start? you have to have lots of luck then.

of course you're not as fast as skaven, but stronger and tougher ... of course you're not as strong as orcs, but faster and with a better passing game. You always compare humans to the best races around in one aspect, but forget, that the humans outplay these race in another ...
Vero

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2004 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

If you're stronger than the opposing team bash like Orcs.
If you're more agile than the opposing team pass and dodge like elves.
If you're faster than the opposing team run like Skaven.
In that order.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2004 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
're stronger than many teams at this TR.

True. My humies kicked ass at low TR... they lose reliability around 220+, because they meet equally skilled teams who can count on many rerolls.

One more thing: buy rerolls asap. with 4 of them you will outluck any other team at low TR, and will be able to risk that 4+ pick up in a tackle zone and the 3+ dodge of a lineman, if you really need it. At low TR humans are one of the most reliable teams. You ask how can u develop a reliable tactic? you have 3+ (reroll) pick up, 3+(reroll) pass and 3+(reroll catch). Many teams at tr 100/140 roll a one and suffer a turnover. You don't. Probably you are not RELIABLE by yourself, but you can be pretty sure that your opponent is more prone to luck (and unluck) than you.

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2004 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, and remember: roll +AG !!!!
Wink

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2004 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

jan_mattys wrote:
Oh, and remember: roll +AG !!!!
Wink

Agil4 folks die or loose MA, just like my 2 agil 4 catchers did :p
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2004 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Usually a running game with a catcher or two in scoring range is a good idea, this will divert opponents from your loose cage. I he concentrates on the ball; clear the thrower and make a handover or quick pass. If he invests more than three people to cover the catchers; bash your way forward through the middle or move round the opponents if you only get pushbacks. Finish turn by dodging away with the catchers to present the opponent with the double threat again.

Post   Posted: Oct 10, 2004 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay I watched you're game against darkies (Eddy). I'm pretty impressed by the quality of you're moves and you abilitie to reform cages. I also think you're opponent didn't play that well in the first half.

Against ska. I think first half you had you're part of luck but second half, you're overall moves are terrific. You also ended with an injury box full of oppenent players.

Ok you rocked the two with you're strenght BUT also with the greatness of you're overall skill.

Nurgle game was a conceided game so well, couldn't learned anything.

But well, that DE game show how a cage can start to break up. I also saw how good you were to quickly rebuilt one. So well, do anybody can show me an human team with wich he is MORE succesful than with his other teams.

Great coaches will win, whatever team they use.
 Jump to: