50 coaches online • Server time: 12:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Patonius2000

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2004 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

having limited experience at teams at this tr/ts i wondered what peoples opinions are on this team (link below). the team soared to 190 ts within about 9 or ten games but have since hit a rutt. does the team have too many players for this stage in its development or should i stick with my 15?

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=115304
Rimmer

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2004 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Too many players and too few rerolls.

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2004 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

You have just reached the point where more players have tackle so blodge aint gonna cut it anymore
Stilgar

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2004 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

15 guys means you have 4 guys on the bench, doing nothing but adding to your team rating/str. if your playing a team with similar str/tr, but say, 13 players, then their players will generally be better than yours.

Now with elves, its nice to have that cushion of extra players, but it does up your TR/STR meaning when you play the bashier teams, they will likely be fairly mature with tackle, mightyblow, guard etc.

If your elf team was to drop say 2 lineman, it would drop your TR by at least 14, and STR by more than that. Then you would be playing teams with more comparable players in terms of talent, spps etc. its a fine balance between having spares to replace injuries, and too many guys on the bench forcing you to play teams that are maybe a little to strong.

This is where you as a coach get to impact your team. Drop players, and drop your TR/STR, but risk a game where a couple of Deaths, SI's can ruin your team? its a tough decision
johan

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2004 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the team looks pretty solid. Start to save money for more RR, and when players die, you'll have to decide what to prioritize.

/johan

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
celas

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2004 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Even though you have too many players at this point, I agree with Johan. Do not drop any players right now. THey die or niggle soon enough and you may find yourself short on cash to replenish them.

Post   Posted: Oct 23, 2004 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

looks fine to me. probably too early to tell to be honest. i wouldn't call 5 indifferent games a crisis situation

"Now that's an esophagous!"
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2004 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I would not retire too. A tough game and you quickly have to replace. And then you'll use your money for replacing instead of Re-rolls.

Cherry pick, perhaps lol.
Topper

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2004 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

What I think U need is guard and Dauntless.
U don´t have more than 1 guard, no ST increases and no dauntless.
That makes it hard to hit, because U won´t get a ST advanmtage anywhere on the field.
I know U have to roll double, but hopefully it will come. Apart from that U do not have enough tacklers against blodge teams.
And finally I doubt that ur team would be better off releaving players, as several others have pointed out. However I also doubt that U need more RR, I seldom go above 4 and certainly not 5.
Patonius2000

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2004 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for the help guys, decided to stay with my 15 now, might not win as many games at the moment but at least i would be prepared for an injury crisis which may come with more players having mb/claw/rsc at this ts.
 Jump to: