31 coaches online • Server time: 12:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2004 - 09:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey!

Just wondering if there is one already... i live in fermanagh (about a mile away from colin) but dont know of many players!

Colin do you know if russell still plays??

cheers!
tubboy

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2004 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

There used to be one in Antrim but i think it kinda died due to people going to college etc.

I know the "Dragon Slayers" at QUB role play quiet a bit but i've no idea if they play blood bowl

not much use am i Smile
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2004 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm not to worry mate im pretty stuck for time to eat at the minute nevermind play BB! Wink i have a few friends up in QUB so i might drop by when im up visiting again! Smile
Colin

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2004 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been back home in Fermanagh since June, and still haven't set eyes on young brownrob (though our mothers have conversed - this event and a thousand like it are the very fibre of society in these parts). Last time I was regularly resident in Fermanagh, brownrob had not yet acheived his full height...

I too have barely time (or energy) for simple life tasks, let alone tabletop BB (most of my BB career, certainly the best of it, has been played online). Sadly, the number of people in these parts that are a) old enough to remember Blood Bowl when it was last actively promoted by GW and b) due to their heightened intellects from calculating all those 2dbs and assists, yet have not moved away and found city jobs, roughly equates to the number of fingers on my right foot (excluding myself, of course).
Filov

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2004 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Well,
I live in Belfast, and have heard nothing about a local league. When I asked at the local GW I got laughed at, go figure.

If anyone knows of a tt league or wants to start want let me know.

Cheers,
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2004 - 09:40 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah GW Belfast staff are morons... Sad they laughed at me too when i asked about BB! Id be keen to start one but distances are a bit of a problem! Im getting an undead and high elf team posted to me tomorrow from a guy in bangor but i think his group just split up...

BTW Colin what colour scheme shall i give the High elves? Not going for the box sceme this tiome

GW Belfast staff don't know what they are missing!
Colin

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2004 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

browwnrob_ni wrote:
yeah GW Belfast staff are morons... Sad they laughed at me too when i asked about BB! Id be keen to start one but distances are a bit of a problem! Im getting an undead and high elf team posted to me tomorrow from a guy in bangor but i think his group just split up...

BTW Colin what colour scheme shall i give the High elves? Not going for the box sceme this tiome

GW Belfast staff don't know what they are missing!

Why ask me? You could be embarrassingly late for the bandwagon and paint 'em green and white like the Gaelic team, or after your favourite (English Premiership) footy team, or just pick out three pots of paint at random and use those as your primary colours. Try to pick something to complement the paintjob on those Darkies you did (rather good they were too). They'll be natural rivals (even if you do have to play yourself :S)

Don't get me started on those pipsqueaks in Belfast GW! Snot-nosed, slack-jawed, swivel-eyed, callow, pallid....(running out of adjectives)...youths!
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2004 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmm i hear there is a gaming society in the light gallery on saturdays... allegedly they play a lot of WWII etc but i reckon i could show them the joys of BB! Mind you gamers can be a stubborn bunch so they can... but to do that i need time off work and thats as realistic as a day without rain! Wink
Mezir

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2004 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Filov wrote:
Well,
I live in Belfast, and have heard nothing about a local league. When I asked at the local GW I got laughed at, go figure.

Good to know GW stores are the same the world over. Smile

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2004 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

browwnrob_ni wrote:
hmmm i hear there is a gaming society in the light gallery on saturdays... allegedly they play a lot of WWII etc but i reckon i could show them the joys of BB! Mind you gamers can be a stubborn bunch so they can... but to do that i need time off work and thats as realistic as a day without rain! Wink

I by chance wandered into the Light Gallery recently to see what wares they had (front half of shop = lighting fixture showroom, back half = RC and modellers' corner - it's an unlikely combination). Of the (I think) three people that were there, at least two were out-and-out nerds of the old school (bizarre, shabby clothing, 40ish+, obviously single). Plus the guy who runs the place has a manner that somehow bugs me and makes me uncomfortable. I get the feeling you'd be better off looking elsewhere...

At least they had large rolls of synthetic 'grass', coloured for the different seasons, ideal for constructing BB pitches. Only a few quid per roll, too, and you'd get a lot of pitches out of them. They had other basic modelling supplies (flock, GW undercoat and varnish, other bits n bobs - paints are mostly enamel, though Sad ), if you can overcome the fear of being seen there...
Filov

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

browwnrob_ni wrote:
yeah GW Belfast staff are morons... Sad they laughed at me too when i asked about BB! Id be keen to start one but distances are a bit of a problem! .... GW Belfast staff don't know what they are missing!

Distances can be a bit of a problem, especially since I am reliant on the bus to get me anywhere, haven't gotten the nerve to try hiring a car here yet (from Canada originally).

Working on a necro team and trying to touch up my wood elf team at the moment.

Really just need a way to get my BB fix, since the firewall at the Elms Village is so restrictive that I can't connect to the proxy server to get a game on line here. Sad
tubboy

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Elms Village?? Is that what they call the halls of residence these days??

Bah get yourself in a QUB house in College Gardens, best year of my life at uni, non stop parties, random goings on, late night movie marathons, and all 32 housemate's going for a making a fry on a friday morning instead of going to class

Brilliant!!
Filov

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Elms Village is what they are calling the halls of residence now.

And I was in a Post-graduate house for a while but since I am now a deputy warden I have to live on site. Part of the deal for the free rent.

But it sounds like it would have been a blast!!!
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2004 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe uni was good but i was an Edinburgh man until last year doing genetics... (eugh!) i quit that now im back in fermanagh doing a degree in computing through enniskillen tech. i have to go up to belfast next week for a few days (Monday-Wednesday) for on call training for the ulster bank (and they pay me £7.50 an hour!) I got into so much trouble at our halls in first year! Smile
Filov

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2004 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

browwnrob_ni wrote:
Hehe uni was good but i was an Edinburgh man until last year doing genetics... (eugh!)

Tee hee...
as a molecular microbiologist that does a fare amount of genetics I'll try not to take offence to that. Wink

Although admitedly genetics and biology are not for everyone.

Wish I had time next week to get a tt game of bb in. Unfortunately I have marking to do this week.... man being a post grad sucks sometimes...
 Jump to: