67 coaches online • Server time: 21:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
peikko

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2004 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

This is THE thread for your EXPERIENCES about Skrye Slaves.
If you have only looked at the roster and have something to say about it, do it elsewhere.

Remember youre dealing with stunty leeg team with 3 str3 players with access to g+s categories WITH av10. They also have decent cheapish star player to come with those.
Miyuso

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2004 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

In my opinion, after playing 3 games with them, they play well if you use them like a High TR Dwarf or Orc Team. Both will generally have many players with guard. If you place both Mechavermin on the outside of the Centre, and fill the rest with slaves, positioning your deathroller against the tougher of your opponents big guys. This means that you'll get 2 dice Blocks ALOT, which is always good.

Don't rely on your Mechas or your DR to do everything, make sure everything is ready with the slaves first, because if you fail, at least you'll hopefully prevent him from choosing dice. I'd rather crowd a Lot of opposition so the get no clear blocks, than to blitz with a super duper Mecha and roll Double Skulls and Injure my player

Brad
PhilMan

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2004 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

ive only played one game with them so far, it was a draw, but they jjust seem to be lacking somthing, i didnt take a doomwheel, but people tell me its bugged anyway, the blunderbusses are good, the slaves are ok too, AG3, MV6 isn't bad, but the mechavermin just seem to be missing somthing, maybe if they got a ST upgrade, or a skill like tacke or somthing they would be better

"Best Bar in This Street"
Kommando

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2004 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

a look at the racial statistics is very intersting, worst team currently. admittedly the first statistics were even worse, so people might still have to get used to them.
Skryre Slaves 47 games, winning % 36 / 11 / 53
peikko

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2004 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

PhilMan wrote:
i didnt take a doomwheel, but people tell me its bugged anyway

You should read the main page, its fixed.
peikko

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2004 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Kommando wrote:
a look at the racial statistics is very intersting, worst team currently.

Skryre win% 36

Vampire 34%
Chaos 36%
Snotling 39%
Halfling 29%
Legbreaker

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2004 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Are there icons for skryre teams?
Drokmar

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2004 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Not yet as far as i know, but your welcome to make some Wink

Brad
PhilMan

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2004 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

no there arnt, which made me really annoyed, as i kept mistaking mechavermin for slaves, and wondering why it was 2 dice against me...

"Best Bar in This Street"
peikko

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2004 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

For those not using icons adding following lines to positions.ini helps alot:

[SKRYRE SLAVES]
lcirclegif=back.gif
rcirclegif=back2.gif
lforecolor=-131124
lhlcolor=-16777216
rforecolor=-131124
rhlcolor=-16777216
DEATHROLLER=ww
MECHAVERMIN=me
SLAVE=s
SHARPSHOOTER=sh

Of coz you can change the letters to ones you like more.
bontauro

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2004 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I've Played 1 game.... but i think they lack something...

slave are too fragile ( but it's a stunty game after all)

mecha are nice but not so , i think st 4 or no bone head was better.

the blunderbuss is nice and very usefull

i haven't try deathroller...
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2004 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Played one match with em vs Chaos Flings.

Also didnt take the death wheel.

Scored with absolutely no effort in the first three turns. Just ran a gaggle of caged slaves down the field, waited until a few were within six and fired the ball in there like a rocket.

Defence didnt go so well... but admittedly my opponent did take out both Mechavermin, one SI'd, one BH'd on a combo of troll fists and fling kicks. My opponent beat the snot out of me for about 12 turns, scoring twice. The few times I could get my hands on the ball i'd roll 1,2 on the dodge rolls.

Real problem in my humble opinion is that it takes 4 of your players to tackle a Big Guy. Even if you take him down he's just standing up and killing a slave the next turn.

I won't be using them again.

Defence

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2004 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there any reason that the sharp shooters don't start with dodge? Every other secret wepon holder has it, so it only seems fair that the sharp shooters have it, especially considering they are still classed as stunty, other than that they seem fairly good, i do seem to run out of players very quickly, but that is probably more due to me not being used to them them them actually be 'broken'

I am worried what it will be like at a high TR though, those slaves are gonna die quickly, and at 40k each it is going to be hard to keep a full roster unless you have a decent FF, which is hard due to them being one of the more challenging team, to win with
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2004 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

well i just played a game vs some other slaves, 7 deaths 3 players on the field, i wont play any other then gnomes/slaves/cheaters as they cant handle 2/3 bigguys at all, got block/tackle on vermin now witch is going to be fun, but on whole they dont stand a chance in a stunty cup, they need tinkering

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2004 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I found they die or get SI really really easily

Deathrollers go off too easily and are too fragile, ST3!!!

Mechavermin need more st or remove bone head.

Look at skinks, they are faster, get daggers and 2 ST4 players, the Slaves seem to be worse.
 Jump to: