58 coaches online • Server time: 21:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2004 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

olivers, please note that skinks don't get 2 str4 players now, they can no longer hire sauruses, the teams you see with them are old teams, that had them before the rule change
Gatts

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2004 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Having played 5 games with them (doing fairly ok, 2 - 1 - 2) against fairies x 2, skinks and snotlings x 2 I'm fairly pleased with the team.
I tend to try to avoid enemy big guys as much as possible, either tying them up with my mechavermin or just taking long routes around them, never really ganging up on them and trying to take them down. I use my doom wheel mostly on defence, to try to reach ball carriers and usually don't even field the wheel when I'm recieving. The starplayer is fun to play with and i try to hire him as often as possible, too bad he isn't on the rooster as a normal player. I only use the sharpshooters on the offence and their´increased strength is pretty much wasted on me. I'd like them to get a point of armour and dodge instead. If i understand the fluff correctly the skrye protect their more valuable assets better than the rabble.

The largest problems so far, in the low TR environment where I'm playing has been the daggers and espescially the spore flingers that the snotlings field. *shivers* Trying to put one of them in the tackle zone of my mechavermin with tentacles seems to be the general plan. Smile

I do have some wishes however. I'd like for the mechavermin to loose bonehead. And possibly I'd like some additional twist on the Doomwheel. some movment there aswell.. maybe.
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2004 - 21:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I played a game against Chaos Flings with two Mino's and found that it was easy enough to get a two dice my choice block using guard and a mechavermin, once they're down the combination of guard assists and a Warpwheel foul make for almost guaranteed broken armour and it also means your opponent will think very carefully before fouling back, The +6 to armour guarantees you'll break the armour of the stunties!

On a second note I've gotta agree with the too many RIP/SI argument, I've had a minimum of one of each every game. While I appreciate that all stunties break easily this seems excessive, maybe a point of AV would be nice or a 10k drop in price. However we need to really test these guys out as they are before we change anything.

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 08:12 Reply with quote Back to top

olivers wrote:
I found they die or get SI really really easily

Ooooh yeah, av10 is so broken, needs to be atleast av16!

Quote:
Look at skinks, they are faster, get daggers and 2 ST4 players, the Slaves seem to be worse.

Ooooh yeah, theres something that is better in someway, lets just make mv10 st10 ag10 av10 stunty race so nobody needs to whine about that one?
Alanir

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 09:51 Reply with quote Back to top

It seems to me that if you start to outnumber your opponent somehow, you REALLY have an advantage. With other stunty teams, you still need to dodge around and stuff to help with blocks, but if you're up by like 2-3 guys, you can easily swarm your opponent, even the big guys eventually, and run a guy around to get the ball and score. The main problem being the outnumbering however...
whitey

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 11:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Peikko, that was pretty harsh. Olivers' post might have been a bit whiney, but i don't think it deserved that.
peikko

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 11:06 Reply with quote Back to top

whitey wrote:
but i don't think it deserved that.

Everybody who whines that players with highest possible av are fragile deserve that and more.
Kommando

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 11:35 Reply with quote Back to top

deathrollers are obviously fragile since they only need to go down once and are gone, no need to argue that.
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

i think he was on about the slaves more then the mechavermins

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

"Deathrollers go off too easily and are too fragile, ST3!!!"

fragile he just said about the deathroller... peikko doesn't seem to remember that no matter how high the AV is, the only case the deathroller can make use of it is when being stabbed by a poisoned dagger...
peikko

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Kommando wrote:
peikko doesn't seem to remember that no matter how high the AV is, the only case the deathroller can make use of it is when being stabbed by a poisoned dagger...

Armor and injury is rolled normally if roller is knocked down.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Well. I don't think anyone wants a new stunty team "better" than skinks. They should be worse. I'm just not convinced that they can hang with the original stunty teams, or the more powerful recent additions.

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 14:52 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
Armor and injury is rolled normally if roller is knocked down.

Yeah but the reason the original deathroller worked was because it was difficult to knock down. St 3, pretty easy to take it out. Have we tried playtesting with a normal deathroller? Or a str 5 deathroller for that matter?

Even at str 5 you wouldnt want to leave it unsupported as one poke from a troll and the thing is toast. You'd still need guarders on it to force em to take 1d blocks or 2d againsts.

EDIT: the above assumes the deathwheel follows the normal deathroller rules re being knocked over. I havn't used it, just blowing smoke out my butt for the most part here.

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Bunny Puncher: the death roller does use normal rules, which when you look at it makes it a bargain, the chances of it ever dying, or even missing a game due to injury a very small, how many other things can you say that about?

Having spectated quite a few slave games, the biggest mistake people seem to make is leaving the death roller unguarded, which allows stunties to easily dispatch it. The first change i would like to see to the roster is to give the sharp shooters dodge, as these are the key to the slaves uniqueness, and yet they and up dying very quickly without dodge
Alanir

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

As of now I am 4/0/0 with the little guys, against gobbos, c.flings, snotlings, and nurglings. I haven't used a deathroller yet as I haven't the money. I also haven't been taking more casualties than any other stunty team i've used, so this could be a big factor i have yet to experience. The mechavermine are great as they are - The fact that they can get phys. traits as well will make them a nightmare, and so far people are getting a good amount of casualties with them. Stand firm is wonderful and ties up groups of guys, which you can throw one slave into and get a decent block with the vermin. Blunderbuss is also amazing, as it helps the offense overcome the fact that the team CANNOT SCORE IN ONE TURN unlike almost every other stunty team. The slaves are fine - if they moved any faster they'd be awesome with the blunderbuss. Mostly i've been hiding my guys six squares back when kicking, having the opponent swarm around the mechavermin, then rushing up and containing the big mass. Seems to work for now. Just a thought - the 7+ pen. on the deathroller is kind of harsh considering it's not as powerful, is there anyway to raise it to 9 or something? It's also a shame that it is seen by almost everyone as a fouling tool, me included, instead of a cagebreaker...
 Jump to: