48 coaches online • Server time: 19:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lorion

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2004 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

My experiences with the slaves are kinda mixed. Like gnomes and squigs I find them to be slightly weaker than other teams. ST 1 AV 6 40k... means you always lack players and cash. Its quite easy for most teams to bash you away because of the low ST. One unlucky block and the opponent can begin to smash your guard line.

I think they will get better with a few skills... but its hard starting out.

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2004 - 06:47 Reply with quote Back to top

First off, thank you for creating a stunty skaven team.

And, I'll admit, that it wasn't what I envisioned a stunty skaven team should look like. However, I have played a couple of games and enjoy the unique style the team plays with. So, starting with not really being impressed, I am now liking the team very much.

I haven't used the Deathroller yet, so I cannot speak to it, other than my initial impression is to ask why is it STR 3?

I also wonder why the blunderbus doesn't have dodge. I figure it has to do with lugging around that big gun, no? Anyway, the addition of dodge to them would be welcome, but I don't think necessary. I have been lucky in dealling with enemy big guys, but don't really percieve too much of a problem.

I am in favor of a move increase, as I view the rats as quick buggers. Such a simple addition might make the team very competitive.

I'll bounce back when I have more experience - I think we all wonder what will happen at higher team ratings.

The Grey Seer FerretBitten
sick_boy

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2004 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

IMO Slaves are a very fun team to play...if you manage to keep some alive. I've played 11 games 4/2/5 wich is not the best but ok and have a cas difference of -18 wich is horrible. Especially skilled up big guys take your poor rats apart in swarms.

One suggestion would be to include one or two bombers as permanent players. I don't think that would make the team too strong and on a good day they would deal out some carnage too.

An alternate suggestion would be to take away bone head on the mechas to make them more reliable and maybe ad +1 ma. They are way inferior to normal big guys already.
GreySeerFerretBitten

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2004 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Children of the Horned Rat, I have returned.

And my words are naught but the Horned Rat's himself.

And he says the kitlings of the Skrye Slaves are good and should be welcomed into the embrace of all things Skaven.

The team is fun to play. There is little need for a move increase on either the Mechavermin, nor the base slave. The slaves do have problems hurting folks, so the addition of a permanent bomber would be a useful carnage factor. However, fun as that may sound (those wonderful Skrye and their toys), I am not convinced that it is necessary.

-FerretBitten, GreySeer
Harvester

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2004 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

-Mechas are deathmachines, and the fact that they arent big guys make up for the lack of str 5.
-The Deathroller is handy for taking out high AV enemies.
-Sharpshooters are fun, though a bit unreliable Smile
-Slaves DO tend to get hurt a lot, but then again they are slaves and this is stunty, so what do you expect?

A single freebooted slave for the LoS might be a good idea? Slaves at LoS tends to get hurt.

Now... Nurglings... They are real evil against Skryre Slaves. They might be real nasty to other teams as well, but those tentacles on the beasts are the death (or almost Smile ) for the slaves. If you try to take beast out, then you need a Mecha + 3 Slaves, and if you do not pull it off, then the fate of the 3 slaves is kind of sealed. Better have that deathroller ready and rolling once the beast hits the ground!

Harvester

BTW.
Spikes on Mechas --> AV 11?
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

This was my proposal:
Quote:

Clan Skryre uses the Stunty Leeg to test out their latest WarpStone-Fueled Technomagical Inventions. The team focus on these inventions, which are supported by disposable skaven slaves.

Skryre Slaves
0-16 Slave 6/1/3/6 Stunty, Dodge, Guard A 40K
0-2 Mechavermin 4/3/3/11 Bonehead, Standfirm, Mighty Blow G S Ph 90K
0-2 Sharpshooter 4/ 2/3/6 Stunty, Blunderbuss A P 50K
0-1 Warpwheel 5/3/3/10 Deathroller, Foul Appearance, Bonehead G S A 120K
Apothecary: Yes

Wizard: Yes
Re-rolls: 60K

Note:
*The mechavermin did have AV11 as it was supposed to be a relentless terminatorish technomagical creation. For some reason the AV was dropped. I honestly doubt this is the reason for their poor showing. If they must be changed, I'm more partial to making them ST4 and AG2 than speeding them up.
*The slaves were supposed to be disposable. A lot of folks thought that ST1 guard would be too potent. My playtesting did not reflect this. But unfortunately I didn't adjust their cost. They probably should cost at most 30K. I deliberately designed the team on the low end with the intent of raising their move to 7 if the team wasn't strong enough.
*The sharpshooter did not get block for purely fluff reasons. I thought it would be tough to dodge while carrying a jezzail-like contraption. If the team needs a boost, I wouldn't be overly adverse to giving it dodge to start.
*I'm a little disappointed that the warpwheel had to loose its name to get the deathroller effect. I'm glad people feel that they need to protect their teams most elaborate invention, as that was part of the feel of the team.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Hypocrites

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

After much playing with slaves (ooh-err missus) the only change i would like to see is the reducing of slaves from 40k to 30k. You can't have mechavermin starting with av11 coz with spikes they would be av 12, only big guys fouls and claws could hurt them, way too powerful for stunty
Glomp

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I really don't care how well the slaves perform in stunty.

Primarily because they're so much fun!!!! Very Happy