17 coaches online • Server time: 07:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do you think of this?
I like the concept, but maybe not every detail. It could work.
77%
 77%  [ 46 ]
I like the concept. But it will never work.
15%
 15%  [ 9 ]
It is just a bad idea.
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 59

The_Beard

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Ulthuan Invitational wrote:
The mists of Ulthuan operate in mysterious ways, thus there will be 8 qualifiers for strictly "good" teams (Amazon, Dark Elf, Elf, Halfling, High Elf, Human, Lizardman, Norse, Wood Elf) and 8 qualifiers for "evil" teams (Chaos, Chaos Dwarf, Dwarf, Goblin, Khemri, Necromantic, Rotters, Skaven, Undead).

heh you better fix that fluff wise. don't call them good teams. call them dodgers. and bashers. otherwise you'll have to put the dwarfes back in the good catagory. and then those elf coatches will just have to suck it up.

back on topic:
i see no reaons you can't have 2 turneys running. especially since it seems that your idea seems to run over longer time. and the link evo put up suggest instant turneys. execpt the final turnery.
so keep the ball running bunny Razz
Tinkywinky

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

A good idea would be to be very hard about the deadlines. In the Swedish league there is a meeting time at 21:00 every Sunday and if your game isn't played by then and only one person show up, then he gets the win. If a person doesn't meet a deadline and fails to send a PM explaining himself he should be put on a banlist that would affect all the tournaments, in that way the bad seeds will be rooted out quickly and tournament structures should work better. If that is considered to hard then you can admonish one warning before the ban.

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

aside from the resurection part, I like it.

But, what if all teams were to start from scratch? That way you could avoid alot of the teams that's floating out there that'd decimate other teams if they were to partake? Just a thought.

Anyways, thumbs up for this and hope I got the time to partake! Smile
celas

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Quick comment about the Ulthuan races distribution....I agree that dwarves should be in the list of good races. Perhaps Dark Elves should move over to the bad/dark side? Maybe Norse too, since they are apparently allied with the bad races for Pact teams and have Minos which are chaos infested.

Back to Bunny's idea. I like it and I hope you can go forward with it in U division. Only problem there is that some people build their teams by playing the same few saps or perhaps dummy accounts which results in overpowered and under-battered teams. Take this one for example: Crooked Backs
Not exactly overpowering, but still if you look at the play list of the team and coach in general it looks fishy. I would suggest a brief screening procedure for teams entering the tourney (yes I will volunteer to help if that's what's needed) if you plan to only run them in U division.
Azurus

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

tza wrote:
But, what if all teams were to start from scratch? That way you could avoid alot of the teams that's floating out there that'd decimate other teams if they were to partake? Just a thought.

I can see where you're coming from with this, but the problem is that if all teams start from scratch then the tournies aren't the 'Majors' any more.

It would also reduce the fluff elements as a team could never gain any notoriety. (As they could if the did well in more than one tourny).

And there are more than enough TR100 tounaments out there as it is.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

BunnyPuncher wrote:

Question to the rest of you. Does the fact that there appears to be a chance that there will be 4 scheduled [R] tournaments sink this proposal? At the time I put this together I was not aware of these plans, nor would I guess were any of you aware.

I'd suggest you drop the GLN tournament, that was one of the sponsors of our 4 [R] Majors. They do "mirror" the official Majors but the admins all agreed that we didn't like the official prizes. So those will be different. I'm waiting on Christer's authorization before we officially launch the 1st Fumbbl Major, the Ulthuan Invitational.

BunnyPuncher wrote:

Cool. One question: I'm assuming from the info on the group page that the "Invitational" component of the tournament title is not indicative of the type of tournament that it is. From what I read it appears to be open to anyone with an R team. Can you confirm that?

The Invitational is a play on the fact that High Elves host it. You are all invited, but can you make it through the mists of Ulthuan to make it to the tournament.

The_Beard wrote:
heh you better fix that fluff wise. don't call them good teams. call them dodgers. and bashers. otherwise you'll have to put the dwarfes back in the good catagory. and then those elf coatches will just have to suck it up.

The races and their respective categories were very carefully chosen by the High Elven sponsors. Dwarves are indeed evil. Unfortunately, the Dark Elves were able infiltrate Ulthuan.

BunnyPuncher wrote:
Evo I think your Fumbbl Smack idea was awesome. Is this ever likely to take off? If not maybe consider handing it over to someone else.

My original plan was to launch the FUMBBLSMACK first then do the Ulthuan Invitational in Octobre, but real life (my father's stroke) got in the way. Therefore the revised plan is to get people familiarised with [R] ISTs via the UI qualifiers, then launch FUMBBLSMACK afterwards (building on that momentum).

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Can you spot the Stunty Majors?

Post   Posted: Oct 28, 2004 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

so the no orc thing is just a terrible oversight?

Or was fumbbl's most popular team left out intentionally?

Post 8 Posted: Oct 31, 2004 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:
The races and their respective categories were very carefully chosen by the High Elven sponsors. Dwarves are indeed evil. Unfortunately, the Dark Elves were able infiltrate Ulthuan.

Could someone explain to me why we need to cuddle the elves in an official tournament? Affirmative action?

One of the things I enjoy about offical tournaments is that, for once, the various elf teams can't cherrypick other soft teams...

(Suggested solution: Keep the teams mixed for the qualifiers, but allow out-of-tournament matches to be played between the time qualifiers finish and the time the playoffs start. That's fair to everyone.)

/johan
Ogermacht

Post   Posted: Oct 31, 2004 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

well, normally, the winner of a tournament already is one of the best teams in the league ... giving away such a prize makes it even better, so it's getting harder and harder for the runners-up to get close to this team again ....
losing players because of too many niggles or other injuries is one of the ways in bloodbowl to even teams out over time ...
our private league used to give some cash to coaches losing a lot of players so they can keep up with the league, something like 50% of the lost players value, not vice versa ...
 Jump to: