43 coaches online • Server time: 00:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: May 12, 2003 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Just an Idea. I don't know if you had this discussion in the past, so don't blame me.

A trading market for players would be great. I came to this idea when I read the playerhistory of the Ashenvale Protectors. There have been some players that retired from the team, who would be able to push younger teams a lot. So if a coach puts this player on a transfair list, together with a price, he would be able to earn some money for his old player, and the player could help another team.
Another benefit would be, that players who are in need of money could sell some players to restore their teams after gaining soo many deaths.
Of course only Woodelveteams should be able to buy woodelve players for example. But i.e. a Minotaur could be bought by all teams who able to hire minos. A Mino with block and pro should bring a nice price. Wink

Ideas and suggestions in this thread. Wink

Greetings
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: May 12, 2003 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

mmh might be a good idea, but do not know if that is possible to imbed this to the Bowl

Cheesy
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: May 12, 2003 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

The workflow can be like this.

- A player 'll be placed into the trading market by Coach 1. It is a Woodelf Lineman. Ideas for the pricing 'll follow.
- The Lineman disapears from Coach 1s Roster and is now to be found on the trademarket list. Until the player is not sold, Coach 1 can reintegrate the player into his own list.
- Coach 2 looks into the trademarket list and finds the Woodelf Lineman. He decided to buy the player and the money transfers immediatly from Coach 2 to Coach 1. The Lineman is now Part of Coach 2s Team.
- One Hour before Coach 3 trys to by the Lineman but gets an error Message cause he is owner of a Human Team which is not allowed to hire Woodelfs.

The Pricing: There should be a basic price which cannot be underrun. I.E. a Woodelf Lineman with no nigglings or AG drops cannot be sold under 70.000 to stop the possibility of abuse.
Maybe each Skill or Stats increase has a price of +10.000 and each decrease and each niggling a price of -10000. Our Woodelf Lineman has +ST, Block, Dodge, Piling On and -AV and and two nigglings.

Basic = 70.000
+ ST = 10.000
+ block = 10.000
+ dodge = 10.000
+piling on = 10.000
- -AV = -10000
- 2 nigglings = -20000
-------------------------------
Makes a minimum trading price of 80.000 Gold.
Any higher Value is possible, cause of some extracool combinations like +ST two times or a very cool biography like some of Mirascaels players have. Players with too high Value will not be bought.

Exceptions maybe some very rich teams with 1.000.000 who do a favour to someone and buy a goblin for 500.000. But thats the only negative thing I have in my mind yet.

I have no idea how it is possible to code such a great site like the fumbbl, so I have no idea how time eating such a trademarket would be, but I think it is a nice feature to have. Wink Maybe the trademarket can be accessed over the "Buy New Player" Page where the trademarket list appears.

Think about it!

Zhluhur

Post   Posted: May 12, 2003 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I used to run something like this in a local league. There are a couple of suggestions i would like to make though.

1) We used +/-20000 for stat changes, +10000 for skills (or a lost negative skill), and -10000 per niggle. It works pretty well.

2) It's a bad idea to allow the coaches to decide on the price AT ALL. It should work according to a formula (like the one Zhluhur suggested) and be fixed at that price. This avoids abuse.

3) After a while it became clear that it was still too easy to buy in an unbalanced player. Eventually i decided to add a 50000 fee FOR THE RIGHT TO BUY A PLAYER (which simply dissapeared, it did not go to the selling coach). Another way to do it would be to artificialy bump up the team str of a team ehich bought a player.

Some good ideas Zhluhur, and it really doesn't work that differently than the way it works now. The thing is that it could easily unbalance things, so i think it shoulg be restricted to a seperate league.

In such a big league, this could work very well. Maybe have a (T) division as well as open, divx etc.

Well, that's my bit. I know people don't like this subject, but if it's kept out of open div it's not so bad. And it really does work, some of the players become legendary, much more so than now.

cya, and thanks for listening! Very Happy
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 12, 2003 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

it would be kinda cool if you wanted to sell your star, like that minted woodelf catcher who had 300+ SPP's but instead of a fixed value for him players could actually bid for him. the right to bid would cost some money as suggested above.

another good thing would be if you could freeboot a coaches player for a set amount (as long as he didnt die of course!!! Smile)

if this was implemented in a separate league i would say it would be quite popular!!!
Jigplums

Post   Posted: May 12, 2003 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

i think it would be a good idead but u should have it so that hiring such a player replaces the big guy slot on a team. also we used to use a pricing system for str when we played a league wereby the str was calc without ssp's but players cost went up as they got skills. Str and block were 20K skills u can normally have 10k and others skills 20k ie if u need a double
to get it ie dodge for and orc blitzer
Tribble_the_Unclean

Post   Posted: May 12, 2003 - 21:30 Reply with quote Back to top

This has been discussed before, and has been shot down for a variety of reasons. The biggest being that coaches are allowed multiple teams; he could just trade one of his star players from his weaker team to his better team to make his good team even stronger. If coaches were forced to trade only with other teams, they could still create either a bogus account to do this with, or have a friend create a farm team for them.

There is already a little bit of cheating going on in this league; adding this in would allow the strong teams to get even stronger and would hurt the overall competition that already is perfect.
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: May 12, 2003 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm... I never thought how creative players are when there is a possibility to cheat. Your arguments are too good. Sad

Post   Posted: May 13, 2003 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

what would be kid of cool is if coaches could free boot players to other teams. Don't know how you could implement it but it's a prertty good replacement for Star PLayers.

"Hey man, you know that wardancer i borrowed... i kind of um.... broke it"