62 coaches online • Server time: 20:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Twahn

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2004 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

That's right ladies and gentlemen...
Season 7 of your favourite Blood Bowl League is here!!

We see this season a new League format introduced (surprise surprise!) and hopefully this one will be there to stay for quite some time (we're pretty sure we've perfected it now...). Wink

All games in all divisions are up and ready to be played. Deadlines are set for Monday every week as usual; y'all know what to do. Get those games in!

We've essentially got 2 open divisions now with the introduction of our new Regional Swamp so I'm expecting to see the #swl forum lit up with games being played pretty much 24 hours a day!

Anyone who is a bit confused about the new format or would like to check out everything there is to know about the SWL (including our hall of champions containing every title holder since the very first season of our wonderful comp!), you can check it all out here: SWL Rules and Records

Everyone remember, swladmin@hotmail.com is the place for all your communication with the League Admins. It is far easier for us than PMs and also provides a handy alternative to group PMs whenever we have an announcement.

Let's make this season the best one yet eh? Nuffle tells me to put my money on Carlton for the flag and I can't see any reason to doubt the man! Very Happy

DonTwahn's Dungeon = Cheap Miniatures! Check it out...
Twahn

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2004 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

This also seems an opportune time to extend my (and I'm sure everyone elses too) deepest thanks to each and every one of the guys who've taken on Admin responsibilities over the last few seasons. Without their help there is no way in this world that we could have made SWL what it is today. Extra special thanks have to go to Clay who is, quite frankly, the man. Champion!

Thanks must also go to the farkin' massive number of great coaches that have joined up over the past few seasons too. You've really made this once humble league into a rampaging monster! Good stuff! Very Happy

And Nuffle too. Thanks mate, love your work... Wink

whitey

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2004 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I know there is a section of the league rules about organising games, but I think this post by Chunky last season should be thrown in here so the new season starts off on the right foot

chunky04 wrote:
Seeing as how there are people who seem to struggle with the idea of getting there tourney games played within the timeframe, here's a handy guide:

1) The minute you find out who your opponent is, PM them with your available times to play, and ask for theirs.

2) Check your own PM's for similar messages from your opponent.

3) Once they PM you back, organise a time for the game. Preferably the earliest one possible, as shit does happen, and that will leave you with more time to arrange an alternate.

4) Should that time not work out for whatever reason, go for the next soonest that works, and try again. Repeat until game is played.

WAYS TO NOT PLAY YOUR GAME:

- Just hope to bump into your opponent on IRC at some stage

- Never actually entering the #swl channel

- Only PMing your opponent a couple of days before the deadline

- Not checking your PM's

From the Season 6 thread.
gumbi

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2004 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone want me to run a tipping competition for prem, im not really interested in the conferences but im sure that could be arranged...

My hot tips for prem this year is gumbeast united to take it out, after sandune mysteriously dissapears chasing after a flock of hottie sheep.
chunky04

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2004 - 10:45 Reply with quote Back to top

While we're on that, might as well update the list of race restrictions. The follwing list is the number of teams we currently have in divisions (including Swamp).

Orc 7
Norse 5
Lizards 5
Humans 5
Dwarfs 4
Woodies 4
CD's 4
Khemri 4
Undead 4
High Elves 3
Chaos 3
Pro Elves 3
Amazons 3
Necromantic 3
Dark Elves 2
Rotters 2
Skaven 0

Please do not apply with any team that has 4 or more of that race in the list above.

Oh, and anyone want to play rats? Anyone at all?

Last edited by chunky04 on %b %17, %2004 - %08:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Twahn

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2004 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn! I love Rats... why does nobody wnat to play them? Sad
Maybe we need an incentive scheme? Umm... free games for anyone with a Skaven team!!

Also, you Norse, Lizards, Orcs, and especially you Dwarfs better watch yourselves... one wrong step and we'll off ya all, you multitudinous bastards! You just be careful now, y'hear...? Wink

Twahn

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2004 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

gumbi wrote:
Anyone want me to run a tipping competition for prem, im not really interested in the conferences but im sure that could be arranged...

Yeah mate, you go for it! Smile
What we gamble with...?

gumbi

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2004 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

a night with the beautiful twahn for the winner?

Ill workout the best way to do it then get it on the road..
Bracksen

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2004 - 02:49 Reply with quote Back to top

[Edited: Would have helpded if I looked at the team listings first.]
Drokmar

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2004 - 03:53 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="Twahn"]Damn! I love Rats... why does nobody wnat to play them? Sad
Maybe we need an incentive scheme? Umm... free games for anyone with a Skaven team!!quote]

I guarentee that next season we will have one Skaven team able to play in anything up to conference. Anyone Remember the Tiparary Trasheaters from season 3? They are back in the pool after hearing it will be easier to play thier idols from Carlton. So if I Do good, we have more rats Smile

Kath
Tank

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2004 - 06:54 Reply with quote Back to top

whitey wrote:
I know there is a section of the league rules about organising games, but I think this post by Chunky last season should be thrown in here so the new season starts off on the right foot

chunky04 wrote:
Seeing as how there are people who seem to struggle with the idea of getting there tourney games played within the timeframe, here's a handy guide:

1) The minute you find out who your opponent is, PM them with your available times to play, and ask for theirs.

2) Check your own PM's for similar messages from your opponent.

3) Once they PM you back, organise a time for the game. Preferably the earliest one possible, as shit does happen, and that will leave you with more time to arrange an alternate.

4) Should that time not work out for whatever reason, go for the next soonest that works, and try again. Repeat until game is played.

WAYS TO NOT PLAY YOUR GAME:

- Just hope to bump into your opponent on IRC at some stage

- Never actually entering the #swl channel

- Only PMing your opponent a couple of days before the deadline

- Not checking your PM's

From the Season 6 thread.

I really dont think chunky's post can be shown enough, since re-joining the SWL last season i think about two-three opponents have answered my (in some cases) multiple PM's to arrange games. Rolling Eyes
Put the effort in lads, you'll enjoy it more Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2004 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not really sure where to start this. It's been noted that there are bashy teams everywhere, and its good to see chunk's try and restore some balance with the newly rostered teams, but I'm not positive this is going to solve the problem in the short or long term. I may be wrong however, as I really haven't been around long enough to see leagues balance out, though I would like to see some semblance of balance in the league in the higher divisions.

Some things to note. Conference is stacked to about approx 66% with bashy teams (counting necros and lizzies as half in half) which doesn't sound too bad...but watching alot of the light teams get annihalated recently doesn't bode well for any of these attempting to compete (in the long term). The problem doesn't really seem to have hit the premier yet, mostly because these heavy teams are only just migrating to the premier division.

The question is, can light teams survive hitting up against heavy bashy teams stacked with 3-4+ dirty players and remain competitive? Is there enough chance to recover between games? Khemri are a bit of a dilemma here, they are extremely hard to win with in any other fashion without pasting the other teams in their division into retirement.

New light teams coming into conference playing against these sorts of teams in successive rounds can get hit badly and not get a chance to recover. New players are entering the league and being told to create running teams, only to face the prospect of playing against a stacked bashy team annihalating them at some stage. It's no surprise there's no skaven teams.

I know this is an age old argument, but maybe it's something we should think about? I'm not really sure where I stand on the issue yet, but is it worth raising the issue of having so many khemri/dwarf teams or perhaps bringing in some restrictions like mully has for the wwb to keep the league interesting for us all, as well as entertaining the elven/skaven teams with something other than their imminent destruction?

I hope my orcs dont hear me fending for the other side - they'll never drop out of their elforc ways!

Cheers,
Snorri.

Last edited by Snorri on %b %03, %2004 - %11:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
whitey

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2004 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a quick question, you've got the promotion/demotion for prem published, but what are the rules for promotion from the swamp? Is it just enough to replace teams that drop under TR 150 and coaches who don't play? or is there a set number?
JoeKano

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2004 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Snorri wrote:
I'm not really sure where to start this. ........Cheers,
Snorri.

Some good points Snorri. I think we are seeing some more non bashy teams enter the qpool and if they can string together some luck they should rise to be superb sides.

Whilst the Dirty player issue you mentioned is a thorny one, and some of the teams seem to be set up, and have been observed to be run , simply as murder machines, this is an anything goes in style of play league, we knew this when we joined, althoguh i freely admit to having chucked the occasional dummy spit over ungentlemanly conduct myself, we all do need to remember this.

However, as the rules page says it is hoped that it will be a fun league for all and I do ask that those of you with the killerkickass teams do at least consider tempering some of your more destructiveurges on the odd occasion. for the goods of the league. Unless ofc Vladim or The Duke are still on the field. then its open season Smile

Remember, especially guys in the conferences, the team you destroy is not going to be able to beat its next opponent so another player gets an easy win. Damn. And you had to go to all that trouble to dirty player kill 5 of his players to win and the next guy gets all the benefit? that sucks.

And on that note, Come On Guys! Lets see some pre game rants and post game boasting session on Channel BB! ay? Get Fluffed and Get Fired Up!

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2004 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually thats a good point.

I personally thing that people should step back a little from the claw/rsc and massive fouling in the interest of trying to maintain a broad spectrum of team types.
 Jump to: