47 coaches online • Server time: 16:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Democrat

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2004 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello sports fans! This is the dawn of an exciting new era in BloodBowl and FUMBBL as the Human League begins.

Please use this forum for any questions and comments. I promise to keep up with this post on a daily basis.

Basically each team is from the Unranked division from the folowing races: Human, Norse, Amazon, Old World, Lustrian or Chaos Pact with at least six humans on its starting roster for each match.

To join or for even more exciting info, go to:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=1932

Last edited by Democrat on %b %07, %2004 - %17:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Democrat

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2004 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

The Human League now has three members. I had tinkered with some of the original rules, but the one inovation I have made is that your team will be awarded two points when one of your team is killed on the pitch. He or she may be killed by the other team, unruly fans, or just slipping on a piece of turf as they "go for it".

I would like to start league play once we get up to eight and perhaps add other divisions as we go along.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2004 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Can't there be a division for higher teams in term of TR?
Democrat

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2004 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

The idea of having a higher TR division will depend if this league is succcessful, which I have confidence in. My feeling is that I want teams to start new, but after a maiden season is completed I think a higher division will be formed. But first, let's have fun with this one.

The Human League now has 5 members, and the coaches we have so far looks like a quality group.

One change I made was the addition of Chaos Marauders to the Chaos Pact team, which was just an oversite.
olivers

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2004 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

My team the Hoomin League shuold get automatic entry Smile

http://fumbbl.com/teams/Hoomin+League.html
Democrat

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2004 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

So far there are seven teams in the Human League and I will probably wait for two more days to kick off with tournament play. At that time everyone will be sent a pm which I will do on a weekly basis.

We have 3 Old World, 2 Human, 1 Norse and 1 Chaos Pact of the acceptable types of teams. No Amazon or Lustrian as of yet.
Democrat

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2004 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I am pleased to announce that the Human League now has 8 teams and is ready to begin league play, but don't let that discourage you from entering, if you already haven't, because if enough interest is shown I may start a second group.

Everyone, please feel free to use this as our league forum.

We're off!
Rimmer

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2004 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Why on earth did you allow old world, lustrian and chaos pact teams when your theme for the league is humans?

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2004 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

and why not Vampire, after all Thralls are human too Smile
thesquig

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2004 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not do it just all just humans. Human, Norse and Zons? Old world, Chaos pact and Lustrians are a bit dodgy teams IMO

AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2004 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't worry so much about the dodgy aspect as the bashy part! Muliple big guys and CW's? *shudders*

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2004 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

heh, thats what I meant... not good use of slang by me.

*tuts*

Using "dodgy" when talking about bloodbowl...

*tuts again*

Democrat

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2004 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

The first meeting of the rumored human league took place in a barn in rural Hochland. Some of the people were stadium owners, some bloodbowl team financers, others were local officials of various towns across the Empire, Kislev and elsewhere, hoping to attract some revenue for their districts. After much arguing, drinking of spirits and even a little fisticuffs, it was agreed upon that the league would adopt the name that Rumor had spread about the countrside - The Human League. The second, and most important compromise settled that historic night was that other races would be allowed on rosters to help attract revenue. By including Dwarfs, Elves and other races, the thought was that not only would the quality of play be increased, but there was a market in many places in the human world to see these other races play for there own home town teams. As Ole Berserkerstrom of Norsca put it, "other races equals higher quality of play plus bigger gate receipts equals more money!" As Ole's mathematics was hard to dispute, it was settled. The third important item agreed upon was that no Vampire teams be allowed no matter if they meet the human requirement of six roster players. Citizens had a habit of disappearing in regions where these teams played, and it didn't appear to many that Vampiric squads could be included into Ole's formula for success. So the league was born!

The beginnings of what could become a second division has been started, so all interested coaches may still enter a team.

-Demo
Democrat

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2004 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

League play was officially kicked off with Brandish defeating Darkbridge Arrows 2-1 and we have added 2 new members. Five more and I will be able to start a second group, so please feel free to enter a team.

I'd also like to give a plug for BunnyPuncher's BowelBowl. Give it a look see. The format looks like it could be a hoot.

-Demo
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2004 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Count me in! BTW, looking at the Darkbridge/Brandish it looks to me like Darkbridge conceded the game, which is supposed to be -10 pts by the league rules, correct? Not trying to go after the guy, but if I'm allowed in to the group he might be a competitor, and those extra 10 pts might become important somewhere down the line! Smile
 Jump to: