84 coaches online • Server time: 21:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
geff

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2004 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I just got +ST on a skilless skink after my new lizzieteams third game. It just seems so wonderful to have at least one skink who won't get smacked all over the place (at least not as much as the others) but i have no idea what to do with him. Too limited in skillchoices to be a blitzer and strengt is no good on a scorer. Perhaps i should just use him to give assists? If he gets another double I might take block or strip ball even, but otherwhise... Well?

geff
Korso

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2004 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I would be happy to help your skink with a niggle.
Sinner

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2004 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

i guess the question on development will only come up if he lives to his next skill Wink. Else, use his as blitzer, ball carrier, whatever you like. Your skinks have the speed to lend assists for him

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2004 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

With sidestep that skink can be used as a very flexible and (in skink terms) safe ballholder if you position him on a sideline guarded by two other sidestep skinks. Even a leaping blitzer will only get a 1db on him thanks to the 3str. Additionally, unless said blitzer also has sidestep he will be very cautious in even positioning himself that close to the sideline, especially if you have a frenzy saurus nearby (frenzy seems like a popular saurus choice).

Even if your opposition sets up a wall around those three skinks its pretty easy to sneak out being stunty and all.

I would've gone with dp though. Smile

The Boyz
dr_scitt

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2004 - 12:35 Reply with quote Back to top

My lizzies have managed to get 2 ST3 skinks in their lineup! Very Happy
Haven't managed to roll any doubles for later skills but have found that the sidestep/diving tackle combination works very well for them as that extra strength makes a lot of difference in taking them down.
Block seems the best option for a double (keep the lil guy alive a bit longer).

I use mine as blitzers as the speed/stunty of the skinks makes it easy to get 2db on other ST3 players. If things get tough they can even be used to dodge into a cage for a 1db block on the ball handler.
geff

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2004 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I would be happy to help your skink with a niggle.

My skinks usually manage that themselves. A failratio of one in nine when dodging might _seem_ nice.
Glomp

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2004 - 20:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah.

He's going to die anyway so just enjoy him while he lasts.

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2004 - 12:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Yeah.

He's going to die anyway so just enjoy him while he lasts.

Aren't we all? Anyway, I think I'll use him as support for the sauri, giving and taking away assists wherever needed, and to go catcher-hunting on defence.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Nov 03, 2004 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Give him sure hands, and make him your primary ball carrier. Not scorer, carrier. Have him hold onto the ball until you get another skink in scoring range, then you can race forward to pass/handoff the ball to the guy who will do the actual scoring. With str 3 and surehands, even if the opposition gets a potential blitzer through your saurus line he won't be getting the usual 2d block on you, and though strip ball would normally still be useful sure-hands will negate that tactic as well. Then consider getting pass on a double instead of block, so you can really stand back in your own endzone completely out of range until it's time to race forward for the score.

Post   Posted: Nov 04, 2004 - 08:13 Reply with quote Back to top

for sure hands he needs a double. on a double i'd give him block and use him as blitzer. nice if some other stunties have guard.

Post   Posted: Nov 05, 2004 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Give him sure hands, and make him your primary ball carrier

This seems to be best use for him (untill another skink gets guard at least) even though I don't like it. If he gets blocked or blitzed something is already very wrong. I don't like tactics that rely on my faults as a coach to be useful (but perhaps it's a garantee they will be, ehm...) I don't know if this is a solid or even relevant argument, but I think you get my point.
It might be awefully handy when playing against wood elves and thair pesky disco dancers, though, when you can't help getting the ballcarrier blitzed.

It just accured to me that a ST3, sidestepping, diving tackling skink would be a nasty defencive player. And no doubles needed.
geff

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2004 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, ok, ok, enough already! So he'll die soon. I got it.

<a href="http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=1424134">sigh...</a>
geff

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2004 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

The failed link is a good illustration of my mood at the moment.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2004 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

You formatted it properly for use on your team page/player bio. However, if you want it to work in the post instead (as I learned just a little bit ago myself), instead of

<a href="link">link name</a>

use

{url=link}link name{/url}, only change the {} to [] (changed here so I wouldn't get it to auto-text for me as well).

Post   Posted: Nov 09, 2004 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, thanks Eagle.
 Jump to: