23 coaches online • Server time: 01:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post Cindy is back?goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
banana_fish900

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2004 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

congrats to blood oath, I never would have guessed that a chaos pact team would have been the first to finish.
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2004 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

If my rats make it to the premier division I may cry , they have been awful , but only 4 teams have played in our league so unless they show ill qualify .
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2004 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Nehver wrote:
THE CONDITIONS HAVE BEEN MET!

Coach Thunderhammer's team, "Blood Oath", completed their 7th game today.... tuesday, Nov 16th!
The season will end exactly one week from today! All coaches have until next tuesday (23rd) midnight (BB server time) to get in any final matches. Playoffs will begin the following day, wednesday, the 24th.

-Nehver

lol! I'm responsible for that... and that was my first game to play for the league!
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2004 - 13:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I was son unlucky in my games that I probably won't make it to KO...and it sucks. What do you expect when playing games with the avarage of 3 players on the field. Or when orcs dodge they get 6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6,6, and 6. When elves on the other hand dodge....oh you're gonna love this....double one, when blocking double skull.... I should just quit playing this stupid bloodbowl.

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2004 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay coaches, the playoffs have begun!!!
I must apologize... I made a mistake on the scoring of the final, unplayed match.
I handed a forfeit to "Udu Widowmakers", and as a result "Warpfactor XI" received
11 extra points that they should never have been awarded. That match simply did
not get played, and I was not supposed to forfeit for either coach. Therefore, although
"Warpfactor XI" finished the season with what is showing as a score of 60... they actually
only accrued 51 points. That is why "Udu Widowmakers" advanced to the finals with 58
points. Sorry about the confusion.

Anyway, let's get this playoff season underway, and see who will be the first Extreme
Bowl Champs! Good Luck To All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Nehver
Thunderhammer

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2004 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks bananafish.

We may not be able to bash or even get our key players to survive, but we are a quick path to damnation Twisted Evil

Ready to rumble again Cool
Nehver

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2004 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Well.... congratz to Thunderhammer's 'BloodOath' for not only bypassing, but DECIMATING the 'Rockin' Chickies' in round one of the playoffs. I f you guys want to see a butt kickin' be sure to catch the replay, lol. Good luck in your future rounds Thunder... and coaches... watch out! This guys got the team to beat ;P
Nehver

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2004 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay,
The "Group Members" List on the league page has been updated to show all the coaches ending scores for the regular season. This list will be used to make up the divisions for season 2. The top 8 teams will start in Division One "Apex Conference", and teams 9-12 will start in division 2 "Zenith Conference", with new coaches. All other new teams in season 2, will be in a seperate "Hardcore Challenge" division, and will have to prove themselves in order to get into Divisions 1 or 2.

So, for next season. It sits like this.

Apex Conference:
Lords of the Ball
Coalition of the Willing
C.C. Hammerheads
Blood Oath
Rockin' Chickies
Bashing Hammers
Staked Vampires
Go-Go-Go

Zenith Conference:
Extreme Elf Action
Udu Widowmakers
BrionneTigers
Warp Factor XI
New Coach
New Coach
New Coach
New Coach

Hardcore Challenge:
New Teams

Top 2 teams of Apex and Zenith go into a knockout style playoffs.
First place of Hardcore plays vs last place in Apex for next season's seat.
Second place of Hardcore plays vs last place in Zenith for next season's seat.

But before we get to much into season 2, let's see how season one turns out Wink
Good luck to all in the playoffs.

-Nehver

Last edited by Nehver on %b %27, %2004 - %22:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2004 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

perhaps you would consider recruiting another few teams for next season to get us back to 16 teams ,
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2004 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

sounds nice

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2004 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I could recruit other teams to get us back to 16, but new teams would with TR's of 100 wouldn't stand a chance.
This means I would have to accept applications of non-new teams, with stronger TR's. If you guys don't have a
problem with that... neither do I. I would figure out the average TR of all the current teams, and that would be
the limit for teams applying. Does this sound fair?

Also would you guys like to see scheduled RoundRobin season, with deadlines for each round...
or do you prefer the Open-RoundRobin format with a season deadline for matches?

-Nehver
Thunderhammer

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2004 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd most definately prefer round deadlines.

I'm also participating in the EURO BB league, and often I find that many (or in my groups most) matches never gets played. Tighter deadlines mean that "problem children" can be deal with much quicker.

About new teams joining, I don't see a problem with occasitionally sampling teams in, though they ought not to be more powerful than the average members. Even if they are less powerful, it won't be worse than for other victims of the "anything goes" playing environment....

I do like the idea of "hardcore challenges", if you can get enough people to join. Only problem with that (as we're experiencing in the Danish league) is that often motivation for playing drops rather quickly in these sub-leagues.
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

new teams would be joining the lower division and our tr/st s are still quite naff , also ive noticed people will build teams sometimes , (lots with 5spps waiting for a skill )

Id say recruit 4 new teams now let them have a "pre-season" round robin with each other , having until the start of the next comp to get as many games in amongest themselves as they can . (3 each if poss ) this will make them competitive
Nehver

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2004 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay coaches, the page for season 2 is set up.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2017

We will be starting once these playoffs are over, and we have enough teams to fill the top
2 divisions of 8.

-Nehver
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2004 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I think new teams shouldnt be allowed to have higher tr than the lowest existing team or brand new teams , otherwise whats the point of me keeping my team when i could just trash it and build a new team with tr140 etc ,( I probably wouldnt care if id had a good season Smile )
 Jump to: