8 coaches online • Server time: 05:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you like to see team allies implemented to our current league?
Yes
35%
 35%  [ 10 ]
No
64%
 64%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 28

sapender

Post   Posted: May 12, 2003 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there,

I just wanted to mention first of all I love FUMBBL... OK, now that it is said I'm still going to give what I hope you take as construtive criticism...

I was wondering why your homepage does offer any info on races, links to rules, who can play on what teams, reference tables etc...

Thank god I already know whow to play the game or else I might not figure out where or how to start... Also you might want to explain exactly (like what programs area must to play) in order to get started on the FUMBBL...

I appologize in advance if you did mention this somewhere on your homepage and I didn't notice it...

My whole reason for posting this message is so that you may make it easier for one to get started who hasn't played a whole lot of bloodbowl before hand...

Also and this is a little bit off topic ... I have seen this discussed before... I hope that you will consider adding allies in the near future I think it would add a great new dimension to the game (I would think that a large majority of us are used to using them)...

I love this league!!! I love Bloodbowl!!! Thanks for hearing me out : )
Bendrig

Post   Posted: May 12, 2003 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I should think that most people do know how to play when they get here.

or get dragged in by friends, who can point them to the LRB.

as for the allies.

nu-uh. no. nope. no way. not ever. negative.

Aside from the pacts teams then, when they get implemented.

I do not want to see Gutter Runners return to chaos teams, wardancers to flings or Dark ELf throwers to Undead. I do not want to see the balance that exists now upset by the addition of certain players to teams, while other teams get screwed over.

But I'm a purist that way.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: May 12, 2003 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Sapender - try clicking on help/faq [big green "?" top right] and then on "reference" and "getting started" and be enlightened Smile.

-Mnemon
Christer

Post   Posted: May 12, 2003 - 21:10
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Info on teams.. Rules.. Reference charts... You _are_ really supposed to own a copy of blood bowl to be able to use the Javabbowl client. I'm sure you all have one.. Wink

The thing is, I can't really publish these things as they are copyrighted by Games Workshop. I am really trying to play nice and not cause GW to have to act against FUMBBL.

-- Christer
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: May 12, 2003 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I have one Smile

Post   Posted: May 13, 2003 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Me too, somewhere............... havent seen it for 5 years Smile

And for allies a big NO!!!!!! I don't even like Big guys.
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: May 13, 2003 - 08:15 Reply with quote Back to top

We play with ally rules in our private board game league. Its works fine, cause for any ally your team has, you lost 1 FF and you have to dice at the start of the game. On a roll of 1 you loose a re-roll for this match.

But I agree with you, that allys destroy the balance between the teams. A human catcher in a dwarf team equals the low speed the dwarfs have. Dwarfs with good passing and running qualitys together with their toughness and skills will be too good. i.e.