13 coaches online • Server time: 05:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Eddy

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2004 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

after having had to explain that to 5 peeps today, i'll write here, will be much easier Smile

- go to the directory where you installed javabowl
e.g C:\Bbowl7.9a\

- double click the file called Bbowl.jar or just Bbowl if you have masked extensions.

- it launches the software, with a window.

- go click the "options" button there, and go all the way down to make sure the "FUMBBL login" box is checked. If it is not, then check it. In theory, you should only have to do that once, then the software will remember the option. then close the options window.

- chose either "net server" or "net client" on the top of the window, depending on whether you want to create a game, or join one.

- in host, type the ip or address of the server you want to join
* for a direct connection, if you are server, this is grayed, since the software will use your own IP, thus you cannot change that.
* for a direct connection, if you are client, type in the IP of the server, that you can find on the coach's page.
* for a proxy game, type in the ip or name, e.g 127.0.0.1 or Proxy.com

- in port, type the port of the server.
* for a direct connection, either set it to whatever number you want if you are server, or use the port chosen by the server if you are client
* for a proxy, you have to use the port specific to the proxy (most commonly, 8080, 8081, or 6667).

- If you are using a proxy, check the box on the left of "Proxy", and fill the field on the right with the name of the game you want to create/join. If you're using a direct connection, leave this unchecked.

- in the "team" field, put the address of your team, which is generally http://fumbbl.com/teams/Name+Of+Your+Team.html
note that you can get the exact link by going to your "overview" page, and then clicking on the little green circle in front of your team name. this will open a page, just copy the URL of this page: this is your team's address.

- you're ready to roll, click the "host game" or "join game" button on the bottom of the window !

- a window pops up asking for a login and password: you must provide your FUMBBL login and password so that the game can be authentified. don't forget to check the "remember" box if you don't want to have to type it every single time Smile

- you should have joined the game, enjoy !

IMPORTANT NOTICE: It is ALWAYS better to use a Direct Connection instead of using the FUMBBL proxy if you can. This will save much of the website resources.

note: please feel free to suggest corrections.

note2: thanks for the hosting BMM (and for the indiana jones quote Wink ) but it seems one cannot link pics in the forum :-/ too bad...

Last edited by Eddy on %b %07, %2004 - %17:%Nov; edited 9 times in total
Glomp

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2004 - 02:23 Reply with quote Back to top

You may as well fill out the info on direct connect too.

(always better peeps)

I'd do it myself but tonight I'm feeling pretty lazy Razz

Post   Posted: Nov 07, 2004 - 06:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Eddy's screenshots:

Eddy wrote:
note2: screenshots are ready, i just need to have them hosted somewhere so i can link them Smile

Throw me the idol and I'll throw you the whip!

Err... I mean email me the files and I'll post them for you. Link below should work.

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2005 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

well i read it i read it again clicked on any file that could have anything to do whith the one named bbowl.jar or just bbowl... it siimply doesnt work... computers are evil....
Mezir

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2005 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Install java. www.java.com

If you already have make sure that Bbowl.jar opens with java.exe, not Winrar or similar.