41 coaches online • Server time: 16:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
hunter

Post 20 Posted: Nov 01, 2004 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I am putting this thread in the stunty leeg division, since I believe that it is most applicable here (most new team ideas on this site are of a stunty nature). However, it really applies to anyone who has made his or her own roster for playtesting.

Query: What is the best and easiest way to playtest new teams?

Changing an existing HTML roster is quite easy, as long as you have the right software. I used MS Frontpage, and it looks like MS Word also works. I think you could also use Notepad or some other text-editor, if you know what you're doing in HTML.

The bigger problem is transferring the teams, since both coaches need access to them, if we are to use SkiJunkie's client. Is there any easy way that I could have the other coach read the file from my computer, or is it a better idea to upload it to a website somewhere so that we can both "point" to it?

If it works best for both coaches to read the file from a particular website, would there be any chance of making these available on FUMBBL anywhere? If not, I might be willing to put them on my personal website, if there was sufficient interest. Would there be a problem with the automatic upload feature, though (in either case)? I don't want that messing anything up.

Also, should we host differently, or is it okay to use FUMBBL or Chickenbrain? Is a static IP required for hosting? I'm not sure how to set up myself as a host, and I thought someone had told be before that I couldn't do it because my IP is not static.

Please forgive my ignorance if I am missing something obvious, or have asked some drastically stupid questions... I know very little about this stuff.

Thanks,
~hunter
Mully

Post   Posted: Nov 01, 2004 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Hunter - your opponent doesnt need your team.

Just load it from your hardrive and it will be in the game for your opponent to see.

We did the same with league all-star teams. Just created home made HTML files. As long as one person loads the new team you are OK.

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2004 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Sweet- that makes things much easier than I thought.

If we use FUMBBL as the host, will we cause any problems because of the automatic reporting?

Thanks,
~hunter

Post   Posted: Nov 02, 2004 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

the Autorecording attempt will fail however you are going to have to turn off the fumbbl login option if you are using homemade rosters
Miyuso

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2004 - 02:02 Reply with quote Back to top

G'day

Speaking of hosting online, I'm looking to establish a website testing ground for new stunty rosters. Even if they don't make it into the leagues, eventually i hope to set up a full, Seperate Stunty League with new, non-GW fluff teams.

If you've created a fairly balanced team, Let me know and i can look at hosting it. Even if your not one for creating rosters, I hope to have a system of reporting the games, with each new idea needign to play established teams a number of games each before they get a Stamp of Approval. This means we can change them if they're took weak or to Strong, and it makes peikko's job a heck of alot easier if he decrees a new team is needed.

Brad

Skryre Technowiz
 Jump to: