32 coaches online • Server time: 12:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2004 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

One issue with human strategies is that they tend to be very dynamic depending on what team you are facing.

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2004 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Afk Eagle - you don't have to send it in anywhere. Everybody can freely plunge in and edit the userguide her/himself.

-Mnemon
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2004 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I added my own thoughts and opinions to the human user guide for both strategy and lineup. If an admin thinks I added too much, or simply too much opinion and not enough advice, I'll be happy to alter my input. Somebody check it out and let me know what you think, please.

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2004 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
Ok, I added my own thoughts and opinions to the human user guide for both strategy and lineup. If an admin thinks I added too much, or simply too much opinion and not enough advice, I'll be happy to alter my input. Somebody check it out and let me know what you think, please.

Cool, I'll read it right away Smile

edit: it is very inspiring, especially now my teams are facing dead ends.

Last edited by torsoboy on Dec 04, 2004 - 01:42; edited 1 time in total
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2004 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
Somebody check it out and let me know what you think, please.

Looks good. I just went over it and made a few very minor formatting changes to make it consistent with the others. The content itself is great stuff.

Thanks again.

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2005 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi.. To get back to the part where the newbie (me) introduces more relevant topics for the User Guide...
One of the things that I really think is missing is info on "how to load a game that was interupted?" I only just found the answer - in the Readme-file - but searched through all the User Guide topics to find it first. It should probably be placed under "Playing games" or at least FAQ. I know the answer is probably obvious for most of you, but that only made it more annoying not to know it; "then I reloaded the game" is a frequent sentence, but not how to do it.

Now, the reason why my game was interupted was bug number 587 on the bug list (screen freezes on follow-up), which is probably the first place a newbie (me at least) goes to figure out what happened. Again I should have looked in the readme-file, but actually found the answer (disable auto-push) here in the Forum under the Topic: "Bugs and Problems". Why not have solutions at the bug-page? Or maybe a very strong recommendation in the Guide to go look in the readme-text or the Forum for answers (if it's there it is not strong enough or repeated often enough). - The Forum is obviously full of nice friendly people who knows a lot about fumbbl Smile

One more thing: As a User - Friendly - Guide it would be really nice if all the stuff in the top part of the screen was explained - especially everything between "Game" and "Community". As an introduction to this impressive place it would do well in the User Guide which is the first thing a new user reads.

That's all, I think.

Phobos

Oh, yeah, by the way: Thanks SkiJunkie! Nicely done!
Phobos

Post   Posted: Jan 12, 2005 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

oh, one more thing: In the readme-text under "known problems" nr. 3 (game squished and unplayable) it should be added that the screen resolution should be at least 1024x768 for the game to be viewed properly - and the "resizeable windows" solution only works if this is the case. To my experience at least... This could also be added to the User Guide for user-friendliness Wink
 Jump to: