26 coaches online • Server time: 08:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Cowbell

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2004 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Can someone suggest the best start for CDs? I am an old-time BB player, but when I played I never got a chance to do Chaos Dwarfs! At that time I don't think they had the figures even! Thanks!
Glomp

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2004 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Checkout the userguide! Razz

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2004 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I am far from an expert on CD play... but I can tell you what pi**es me off about them when my orcs play them (and I do consider myself an expert Orc player)...

1. Developed Hobgoblins: The teams where the hobs are well groomed: blodgers, surehands, sidestep etc. are far more difficult to stop than the Bulls only offence based teams. Plus, having a hob able to lay the smack down in the backfield is a necessity. Those CDs are immobile. If all they have are 2 bulls with 50 spps each, my strat just got very simple. Ain't av 8 on an expensive player a beautiful thang.

2. Break Tackle on Bulls: d'uh! Find it more annoying when I'm on offence than when they are.

3. Stand firm CD blockers. Cause havoc with me cages and with AV 9 i can't reliably lay the boot down.

4. Trolls: curse thier unbreakable hides! At least I can kill/maim/KO minotaurs.

5. DPs on a hob or two. Considering how hard it is to get games with CDs, this may not be an option. But having a dedicated kicker on a team where you get a few guaranteed 2D blocks a turn is lethal.

6. Hob flood: the more hobs you have the less likely I will be able to grind you down into immobility. I use the "blitz a skink a turn" mentality when playing CDs.

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

As a pretty new guy, I'm finding the setup in the user guide really is working well. My RL games I bought a Mino and shirked on FF, RRs and hobbos and paid dearly for it.

Jump to: