13 coaches online • Server time: 06:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
EvolveToAnarchism

Post 10 Posted: Nov 09, 2004 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Weevol Keneevol is proud to announce that the Stunty Leeg will be hosting the inaugaural Titanium Nitro Tour. The T.N.T. will run from November 15th to December 15th at the Gnomish stronghold of Nazdak.

All Stunty Leeg teams are eligible for the Tour. The Titanium Nitro Tour will be the first of 4 Stunty Major Tournaments. It will be a giant open round robin tournament. In honour of this tournaments legendary host, the T.N.T. will award bonus points for Daredevilish play. Any Throw Team Mate TDs will score a bonus 5 points for their team and TTM deaths will earn a bonus 5 points and everlasting fame on the Titanium Nitro Hall of Fame..

Weevol Keneevol has promised a suitably explosive prize from the Titanium Nitro Labs for the winners of the Tour.

About the Tournament Sponsor:
After the infamous Barakberg Obliterating Ornothopter Massacre of 2512, Weevol Keneevol, the legendary founder of the gnomish Daredevil Cult, was banned from the Stunty Leeg.

The loss of the gnomish legend sparked enormous outrage. Throngs of gnomes joined the Daredevil Cult seeking retribution on the Stunty Leeg and a chance at a thrill-seeking death.

Weevol invested the fortune he had made while playing Blood Bowl to create Titanium Nitro (headquartered in gnomish stronghold of Nazdak). Spurred on by Weevol's fame and the ever inflating Daredevil Cult, sales boomed and Titanium Nitro quickly became the Old World's largest arms manufacturer and the proud sponsor of the Titanium Nitro Tour.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Evolve To Stuntydom

Last edited by EvolveToAnarchism on %b %12, %2004 - %01:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2004 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

cough.. small point on the tourney page it lists a ttm death as 5 points, i think it should be 2, best change it so as to avoid confusion.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2004 - 00:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope, Evo changed the scoreing system a while back, so the 5 points for a ttm death are correct - I just guess he forgot to edit his post too Smile.

-Mnemon
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Nov 12, 2004 - 06:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry about the slow update in this thread. I also posted the changes in a PM to all those who had joined the T.N.T. and in this thread . It's also where you should post the various Dastardly Daredevilish Deeds that will earn you bonus points.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Hilarious Comic (Thanks Mnemon)

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2004 - 22:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Could we have our own IRC channel?

At #FumbblStunty, there are a lot of players that don't play at the T.N.T. and I'm confused trying to find who is playing and who is not...

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

One month is too short.

Gives us more time.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2004 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Not a DDD, thus not in the results thread. However an utterly funny game that deserves some attention Smile. Here.

-Mnemon
albator2001

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2004 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Weevol Keneevol !

I am Al Bah Torr 2001, the coach of "Les Nabots".

You have promised a suitably explosive prize from the Titanium Nitro Labs for the winners of the Tour and it seems that my team won this tournament.

Can you please give the prize to my team ?

Regards,

Al Bah Torr 2001
celas

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2004 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I suggest the prize blows up half the team rating of the winner Smile

I really like the idea of stunty tournies, especially those sanctioned to be played within the S division, but at the same time it seems as thought there might need to be a different type of format needed for future tourneys. I did not have enough time in the last month to play in an open round robin (which is nobody's fault but my own), but I think what you really need to do to win these tournies (e.g., open round robins) is have a lot of time to play. Not taking anything away from tourney winner, but he was able to play 9 more games than the next highest team (23 as opposed to the next closet: 14). Also with an open format (as opposed to a Swiss tourney to qualify for higher rounds of competition where the best teams usually win and play off against each other) you run the risk of ridiculous matches between totally unmatched teams. Perhaps that is the point of stunty (e.g., ridiculous matches), however, when the winning team averages about twice the Team Str of the opposition (Champion averaged Team Str of 212.7 versus the oppositoin's Team Str of 115.3 with the most unbalanced match up: 264/220 versus 110/53 with a surprising final score of only 2-0), it just seems to indicate that the winner of the tourney will be whoever plays the most. In this case it was who played the most along with uneven matches. Any ideas on how to rectify this? I am hoping this is taken as constructive criticism to talk about whether changes could be made for future TNT's.
hunter

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2004 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Good points, celas. I am not a fan of open round robin, particularly since I do not have the time to play and be a competitive threat. That is why I asked when the tourney was introduced whether all of the official Stunty Leeg tourneys would be in open round robin format (here). I did not receive a response, so I'll ask again: will other Stunty Leeg tourneys be in formats other than open round robin? My personal favorite is regular (or "closed") round robin, although KO might work as well. With a regular round robin, the tourney would probably need to be broken into divisions of maybe ~8 coaches, with smaller prizes for division winners (?). The division winners would then be placed in a final round robin (or KO) tourney. Those are my suggestions.

I do like the idea of home-made prizes like the T.A.N.K.- we should definitely keep that. Unfortunately, only select individuals will ever have an opportunity to win one if the format is always open round robin.

~hunter

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2004 - 23:09 Reply with quote Back to top

celas wrote:
I suggest the prize blows up half the team rating of the winner Smile

It may just do that. Check out the T.N.T. Awards Presentation for more details.

celas wrote:

I really like the idea of stunty tournies, especially those sanctioned to be played within the S division, but at the same time it seems as thought there might need to be a different type of format needed for future tourneys. I did not have enough time in the last month to play in an open round robin (which is nobody's fault but my own), but I think what you really need to do to win these tournies (e.g., open round robins) is have a lot of time to play.

I had inteneded to create more of a Stunty Leeg Event than a really serious ultra-competive tournament. The idea was to make a low maintenance high participation event. I was hoping the Open Round Robin would allow for that. 50+ coaches signed up and 40+ coaches played at least one game. It succeeded at being relatively low maintainance (DDDs were a bit of work). I was a little disappointed by the number of coaches who only played a couple of games. And I think I'll be changing the format a fair bit to encourage more participation.

celas wrote:

Not taking anything away from tourney winner, but he was able to play 9
more games than the next highest team... Any ideas on how to rectify this? I am hoping this is taken as constructive criticism to talk about whether changes could be made for future TNT's.

I'm up for suggestions. Here's a few things that I'm considering for the next T.N.T.:
  • Drop the Open Round Robin format for something that will allow more mass participation.
  • Use a group scoring system where you score points by playing any member in the group.
  • More prizes to encourage more participation.
  • Cash prizes for top 5 teams.
  • T.N.T. Most Volleying Player to be awarded to the player who throws the most stunties.
  • T.N.T. Most Voracious Player to be awarded to the player who east the most stunties.
  • More Excitement by having a T.N.T. Finale.
  • After a month of play a lottery will be held for 4 T.N.T. Playoff Spots.
  • Teams will get one ticket for each point your team has accumulated during the month of open play.

I hope those changes (along with any other suggestions) will make the next T.N.T. alot more fun for alot more coaches.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Tzeentch's Chainsaw Massacre

Last edited by EvolveToAnarchism on %b %17, %2004 - %00:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
borderline

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2004 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Good changes. And I just have to add that a flying stunty brings me true joy. Smile
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2004 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

What would be fun, but totally impossible to administrate would to give scores for the distance a stunty flies before scoring the touchdown. I don't realy considering throwing a stunty 1-2 fields before scoring "Daring". However, how to make sure that the DDDs really include all three D's when pulled off - no idea.

-Mnemon
celas

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2004 - 01:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Those all sound like great suggestions. I wish I had more to add. I will start by adding my team to the tourney next time Smile I am not sure if you want to borrow from other divisions or tournies but if you have keep it open (round robin style) then perhaps limit the amount of matches or give different amounts of points for wins or even DDDs for opponents that are stronger or weaker than you. Perhaps more points to lower rated team that plays up by "X" amount and earns points even for a loss while giving higher teams (i.e., when str difference is great, say >40) less for winning and a small penalty for loss (or tie if the difference is great enough). One bonus I could think of is to earn points for playing each race once. That may encourage people to play teams that are not great match ups against their race.

I read a few old posts in which I forgot that the spirit of the tourney was more on fun than winning. I think with a little tweaking, a point system can be developed to continue to reward fun in case there are those coaches who are unable to separate fun and winning. They really are two different concepts in my eyes. I am glad you are going to make the tourney even better in the future. Keep up the good work.

Post   Posted: Dec 17, 2004 - 12:30 Reply with quote Back to top

dropping round robin? Maybe but for what? KO style is the only one who could fit, the rest I don't see.....
 Jump to: