30 coaches online • Server time: 00:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sinner

Post   Posted: May 13, 2003 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there,

I was just wondering if the current Blitz! rule in the LRB allows a one turner to score if the ball didn´t land in the endzone. As I read it the order is as this:
Quote:

place the ball on the pitch, roll on the Kick-Off table, scatter ball, resolve Kick-Off results, bounce ball.

I know that the JBB is following the 3rd edition rules (which I actually don´t have) and not the current LRB 2.0.

But I really think the new Kick-Off order makes some sense (especially with Blitzes). You could make a new icon to display were the ball would go and then after the kickoff has been resolved make an inaccurate pass to this place (or something like that, dunno how this is handled internally).
Of course this will make scoring in a Blitz turn impossible because your one turner would have to wait at the designated ball-land-field for the ball, thus you need to end your turn to make the ball land. Smile

The purpose of this request is to make Scoring for the Blitzing team impossible! They gain enough advantage with the ability to make the first blocks.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2003 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Whoa, i never red that before, or if i did i didnt really think about that situation.
Cool and fun.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: May 13, 2003 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually JBB does follow the current LRB rules, with a few execptions. This is one of those exceptions. It is one of those things that is on the list to be fixed at some point, but is enough of a pain to fix and has little enough impact on the game that it probably won't be fixed right away.

The Finishing Touch
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: May 13, 2003 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

btw... is it right that it is not possilbe to use an apoth when a player has been killed by the fans?
Last game my best player died in the first round and my apoth was not used for the rest of the game. Sad

Post   Posted: May 13, 2003 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes - you cannot apo players pushed in the crowd - but that is according to the rules [read it up sometime Smile].

If you refer to rock throw or pitch invasion events though ... that should have been possible to apo.

-Mnemon
cataphract

Post   Posted: May 14, 2003 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought the idea for a blitz in this circumstance is that the lplayers move just before the bounce... i.e. as the ball is landing, shouldn't it be possible for a player to pick up said ball before it hits the ground?

One would assume that since the ball has moved to the square from which it will bounce from it shouldn't be particularly far from the ground.

If it was the ball's trajectory would move it further and therefore it would not bounce in that square?

Post   Posted: May 14, 2003 - 08:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Mr-Klipp wrote:
...but is enough of a pain to fix and has little enough impact on the game that it probably won't be fixed right away.

"Little" impact on the game, Klippster?! It has a HUGE impact on the game, especially on games with one or both teams having one-turners. 10 isn't that hard to roll on 2D6 so Blitzes do happen quite often. I would put this on the top of my "bugs-to-fix" list.
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: May 14, 2003 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Well by little, I meant not affecting every game, and since there were still skills that were not even implemented, I agree with his decison to get all of the skills working before working out a way to make this perfect. With luck it will be sorted out soon.

The Finishing Touch
Linke_Wipeout

Post   Posted: May 14, 2003 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

i have to agree with veron on this one , it does have a big inpact on the game even if you don't have a one-turners , i'm pretty sure that almost 50 % of the time the Blitzing team ends up with the ball , so it should definatly be moved up some steps on the 'to fix list'
 Jump to: