21 coaches online • Server time: 04:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do you think?
Good idea
44%
 44%  [ 38 ]
Bad idea
15%
 15%  [ 13 ]
Too many unions already
25%
 25%  [ 22 ]
Could be good with some thought put into it
14%
 14%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 85

MorbidDeath

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2004 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

OK. It´s a Saturday night and I am talking to coaches PaulHicks and Duckster49 - and the topic came up of a DMU - Dwarf Mangling Union.

Now this may sound daft (we were just chatting and taking the p**s out of dwarven teams), but we think it might be a good idea.

Why?

1.) Because we (and I especially) dislike dwarves - and it would be fun to turn the tide and see some teams opposing those brutal little bearded folk and crushing them - all the fouls you can use etc.

2.) For those that genuinly like dwarven teams and find it hard to obtain matches - well this could be a very good chance to increase those opportunities.

Just a thought, an idea - and I am not saying I am wanting to open it up - I would just like to see what kind of feedback there is. And of course if it did appear to be popular then.......well...then we could see about making a little something.

Thanks for listening guys and girls Very Happy

Last edited by MorbidDeath on %b %13, %2004 - %23:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2004 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I think its a great idea for the reasons you put.
However me and Golgomoth are already starting a skaven mangling union "to clean up the 1 turners" so im a bit concerned about every race ending up with one of these.
Saying that if we do start it count me in. Twisted Evil
Its up now: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=1975

Last edited by paulhicks on %b %15, %2004 - %19:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2004 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep sending in the franchise checks (10% of gross revenue please) and my lawyers won't have to call yours.

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2004 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love to field my dwarves against you.. would give that little extra flair to the r games
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2004 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats the best thing about it. It would be a real challenge and the dwarf coaches would want to play (unlike those cowardly elves).
Hmmmm i wonder if theres any elves out there wanna try their chance at revenge.
We should probably give them extra points Laughing

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2004 - 00:54 Reply with quote Back to top

BunnyPuncher - as you are the founder of the EMU, why not, if you like the idea of the DMU or something similar - run it. I would certainly be there t help with all the details and I am sure PaulHicks also. Although i can imagine you are busy - just a thought though Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2004 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I would certainly like to help with any DMU league, there needs to be incentive for Teams to go maul dwarf teams and likewise if there was some 'Longbeard League" sure enough as whats been going on with Elves it could make it more fun.
As for Dwarfs themselves, well you'll never catch me playing em, i couldnt think of anything more painful than playing them.
We should however dedicate a trophy to the winner and name it after GHoffman13, the guy with only Dwarf teams.
duckster49

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2004 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe if anyone can give us ideas, for and against that might be helpful, we think its good cause it will certainly create a few extra games for the little guys atleast, though i'm hoping to encourage fouling the hell outa em too
Mully

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2004 - 04:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

1.) Because we (and I especially) dislike dwarves - and it would be fun to turn the tide and see some teams opposing those brutal little bearded folk and crushing them - all the fouls you can use etc.

Great ... all we need are more excuses for the Lamers to foul on T8

<coach red> Why did you foul me in T8, the game was over?
<coach blue> Because i am a proud member of the "insert letter here"MU and I can be an ass because I get 5 points for it.
<coach red> What happened to just playing to win?

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2004 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Thats a fair point Mully but ive been playing and speccing EMU games all season and havnt seen a single turn 8 foul..... or turn 7 or realy 6 for that matter. If people are going to be jerks and foul on turn 8 then they deserve the reputation that they get but the mu's dont seem to cause them too. As for not playing to win thats rediculous cuz you get extra points for the win and i know ive tried to win all my EMU games (my lack of talent has been a hinderence) and so have the other coaches. Most of the games are in ranked and so affect coach rating and i doubt there are many of us who like losing anyway.
I can totaly understand why people dont like the MU's but do you realy think Dwarfs have anything to fear. Its almost impossible to hurt the lil' buggers anyway and i would think that most Dwarven coaches would actualy apreciate the chance to get games. This will be a mangling union for people who realy like a challenge (or like me are too stupid to realise the risks).
I was hoping that we would have a Dwarven Defense Leauge table or somthing similar to encourage the Dwarfs to realy try to humiliate us.
If your man (or woman) enough to set yourself a real task i urge you all to voice your interest here.
DO YOU HAVE THE GUTS TO HUNT DWARFS? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2004 - 14:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully wrote:
Quote:

Great ... all we need are more excuses for the Lamers to foul on T8

<coach red> Why did you foul me in T8, the game was over?
<coach blue> Because i am a proud member of the "insert letter here"MU and I can be an ass because I get 5 points for it.
<coach red> What happened to just playing to win?

Well mully I will say 2 things.

1.) I see that you only quote point 1 - the comment about dislike for dwarves. However, I do not see you adding any optomistic and approving comments of point 2 - and that is the opportunity to create more games for those that realy do like playing as dwarven teams. From there I guess and presume you are a very negative person.

2) I would not consider it polite to generalize (and name call) all people who use foul as "lamers". I wont go into the ins and outs of it.

So why dont you try a little construtive critiscm instead?

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2004 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

DMU! i'm ALL FOR IT!!

erm... the other side that is, interested coaches with non-ORC tr 200-300 teams can PM me.

i'll try to fix brackets in my schedule to accomodate all offers! First come first serve basis!

rsvp erm... me....

hehe... well to be honest, u know, i think it wouldn't be a very successful league... ;p

maybe the team with the least negative points could win... haha!
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2004 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol you are probably right. The winning EMU coach this season has already broken 500 points (grats bud) whereas the winner of this season would have a challenge to break 100 in my opinion, especialy scince every dwarf would post the negative points. But thats the point.... even i can beat up elves. Its time to step up to a real challenge. Out of interest, why no orcs?

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2004 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

MorbidDeath wrote:
BunnyPuncher - as you are the founder of the EMU, why not, if you like the idea of the DMU or something similar - run it. I would certainly be there t help with all the details and I am sure PaulHicks also. Although i can imagine you are busy - just a thought though Very Happy

Err.. because I don't even really run EMU any more? Very Happy

Thus the franchise system... I have no problem with people appropriating my intellectual property as long as I get sent big bags of gold every month. Just play along or I'll have inquisitorpustus drop a smiley bomb all over this thread... and you don't want to see rainbow death on an epic scale!

All kidding aside.. have fun and do what you want! Just send me my imaginary bags of gold! Do you half any idea what an Elf Blood Fueled Cadillac costs to maintain every month?!?

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2004 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanx Bunny. Very Happy
Your first bag of imaginary gold is winging its way to you right now (though you may want to check it as i think i saw MorbidDeath slipping some foriegn imaginary coins in). Honestly.... you just cant trust these fumbblers.

Last edited by paulhicks on %b %14, %2004 - %16:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: