34 coaches online • Server time: 16:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What do you think?
Good idea
44%
 44%  [ 38 ]
Bad idea
15%
 15%  [ 13 ]
Too many unions already
25%
 25%  [ 22 ]
Could be good with some thought put into it
14%
 14%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 85

Adon

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2004 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

DMU is an exellent idea... The guy who thought it up should be worshipped
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2004 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you (for MorbidDeath too) but you wont be thanking us when the dwarfs murder your teams. Laughing
Right glad to see we're getting some real interest now. So Morbid..... whos gonna start it? you or me?

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2004 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Where do chaos dwarves count in all this? Do they count as dwarves, or as non-dwarves?
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2004 - 01:16 Reply with quote Back to top

it would be difficult to count em as the hobgoblins would have to count too and it aint hard to hurt them. This is suposed to be about a challenge. They're welcome to join the hunt though.

Post 18 Posted: Nov 15, 2004 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a dwarf team and I can't figure out why people won't play them. I know the reasons and all. But they are SO SLOW. A team with any speed has a very good chance of winning the game. Ok you take some casualties, but its not like may dwarf teams have legacy ogres left on them. Dwarfs aren't any stronger than other teams, we just have good armour.
SO a DMU more power to you! perhaps I'll get some more games. OR maybe you all should just buck up and play and quit the cherry-picking on human teams and all the AV 7 teams.
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2004 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

People wont play em cuz they're a very tough team to beat when played properly. Most games will end up 2-1 without much excitment.
However i genuinly believe that the DMU would make dwarf games realy interesting (as well as getting you more games). I cant wait to get this going.
Keep posting your thoughts people. Cool

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2004 - 02:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we may have gone a little harse on Mr. GHoffman13, he doesnt only have dwarf teams as we first thought. he does in his defense have chaos Dwarf teams. I prob should leave the poor guy alone but was wondering if there is any dwarf love child out there that might wanna step up to the plate for the hairy little buggars with an idea to create something to counter DMU, as i see it its only in your interest of getting more games.
duckster49

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2004 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I did beat a dwarf team today in D&D today, which gave me pleasure although ofcourse i dont think i even stunned one.
Tough little bastards.
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2004 - 02:53 Reply with quote Back to top

They are tough but with enough m.b., claw, rsc or dp (and some luck and skill) we can take em down.
Im thinking about a seperate "trophy" for the elf team that finnishes with the highest points. Maybe if we give then a 100 point lead one might finnish with positive points Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2004 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

*adds paulhicks and Dropdeadfred to victims list for DMU* Oh, this will be fun...

Zyad

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2004 - 04:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont really know what it is about dwarves... they have 4 av8 guys, so theoretically they should be easier to maim than orcs, but they just dont go down, whereas my past few orc teams die left and right. Even Chaos dwarves seem to die easier, even thought theyre the same as longbeards... it doesnt make sense, but its true... although nothing is quite so satisfying as killing a troll slayer, the most expensive and least heavily armored of the dwarves Very Happy

regardless, i hate those tough little guys....
gken1

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2004 - 04:05 Reply with quote Back to top

silly idea....must be dwarf coaches thinking this up to get themselves games and just beating on people.
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2004 - 04:10 Reply with quote Back to top

if you think im a dwarf coach then check my teams Rolling Eyes
but dont laugh at em just cuz they suck.... its not their fault

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2004 - 04:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Despite the fact that i despise dwarves, I still dont think this a good idea for a group. The way to beat dwarves is not to bash them into the ground, as it is with elves. The way to beat dwarves is to not let them catch up to you. Any team (excluding possible chaos or nurgle with enough claw/rsc to do a lot of damage) that tries to engage in a long bashing war with the dwarves probably will not win. So, going out of your way to hurt the dwarves will probably cost you the game, and still get half your team killed by those little guys...
Trif

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2004 - 04:34 Reply with quote Back to top

to be honest, my dwarf team has so far managed 95 matches against most opposition in 4 months. that is almost 6 games every week. i do however appreciate that there are a lot of chickens**t outfits that will not play dwarf teams due to the imaginary air of invincibility that they seem to possess. this has _obviously_ come about because dwarfs win all the tourneys that they enter...NOT!!!

it isn't going to change because in an open environment like fumbbl people will always be able to pick and choose who they play against, and lets face it, elf coaches are quite scared of injuring their precious darlings.

"Now that's an esophagous!"
 Jump to: