51 coaches online • Server time: 18:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post What happened?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: May 14, 2003 - 20:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok. As Tamper said, I am going to restructure the Divisions for remaining teams, and create a new schedule. The schedule will be released a game at a time, in order to accommodate further drop outs, entries, etc. I think a problem we had early was that people dropped out and some people finished more games than was possible for other coaches. Despite only posting one week at a time, the schedule will have been created for several, do not get the impression that the outcome of any game will reflect the next week's schedule, I will only withhold it to make last second changes for drops, etc. Give me a day or two to work out a new schedule and division listing.

In the meantime, in order to keep the league balanced. Teams can play up to 6 games. I encourage you to play other teams in the league, but it can be outside the league during this restructuring period. (sorry Barash you need to sit and wait for people to catch up.) I discourage people from playing halflings for thier next 4 games. Please don't.

Quote:
I just posted a request for the league... what else have I to do?

Ok, first put in a request to join the group with your team. If your team has played more than 6 games, don't bother. Tamper will then accept or not accept it. You may be rejected for playing too many games, or you may be rejected because we do not want 6 choas teams, or 6 High elf teams in the league. The original league was formed with a team balance, and we want to maintain that. Take a look at what race(s) there is the fewest of before creating/entering a team.

Second, Post here. Let us know about your intent. I am sure Tamper will be prompt, but if some hurricane/tornado/earthquake/Bush attack knocks out the electricity in Tampers neighborhood for extended time, it will be the only way I know you applied, and adjust the schedule accordingly.

Thirdly, post on the availablity thread, if Tamper has accepted your team. I just updated the first post on the thread.

We still encourage new members so everyone who thought about joining or didn't join in time, the first go around, should take this oppurtunity of Restructuring to join up.

**Remember this is a LONG TERM LEAGUE**
If you are thinking of joining, keep in mind that you may lose games. You may lose stupid games with a superior roster. You may lose your star player. You may lose every player with SPP's on your team. And you may go through 5 games and make pathetic earnings. Someone may foul you every turn, and then call you funny names and sleep with your mother. These are not reasons to drop out, it is reality. This is what happens in Table Top leagues.

Most importantly, have fun. There is a lot more character to a team that has been destroyed and hangs in there, then a team that wins and doesn't have any injuries. If you aren't doing well, make up some good fluff as to why.

I am looking to restart next Sunday or Monday, so all new applicants and exitsting members have until then to get thier 6 games.

And finally any suggestions/comments/complaints/bribes to me for an easy schedule can be placed in this thread.

Asperon Thorn

[edit]Updated contact times, so fixed comment[/edit]

Last edited by AsperonThorn on %b %15, %2003 - %01:%May; edited 1 time in total
Barash

Post   Posted: May 14, 2003 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Hip Hip Hurray for our new Vice-Commish: Asperon Thorn

Your wish is my command!

Your sitting and waiting (for others to catch up) servant
Down Hill Dwarfs

Post   Posted: May 14, 2003 - 23:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I headhunt only the best talent to commish the league Very Happy

I give you AsperonThorn, Grand High Vice-Commisioner in charge of scheduling, league structure and half-time entertainment!!! Very Happy

Seriously, thanks for the help, I went from having loads of spare to time to none very quickly recently, so the assistance is very welcome.

Further to applications, the team has to be in DIVX, and have played no more than 6 games. Also, as AT says, we'll have to watch which teams enter, as we don't want too many of the same team.
erwinhightrain

Post   Posted: May 15, 2003 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Out from the ashes arrises the best league in all bloodbowldom.

Kill all the Dwarfs Down that Hill. Its the new motto for my team Sleaze Everyone tell me what you think. LOL
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: May 16, 2003 - 03:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I am expressing my intent to join this league with a Necromatic team which has played 5 games have applied just waiting for acceptance
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: May 16, 2003 - 08:05 Reply with quote Back to top

The Evereye Eagles are ready to play! Humans should not be played very often... so I wait for my acceptance.

btw. LONG TERM LEAGUES are great. I have have much time to play BB. Wink

Post   Posted: May 16, 2003 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi! I'm interested in joining in this long-term league, I'm off to find someone to play with now.... Very Happy
crazylegs

Post   Posted: May 17, 2003 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I am also interested in joining this League, I have a Norse team that has played under the 6 game limit, I will be trying to finish 6 games before the league starts.
thanks
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: May 18, 2003 - 04:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm definitely interested in a long term league. I'll build myself a new team, if there's still room.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism

Post   Posted: May 18, 2003 - 05:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Someone just pointed out to me that for some people it already is Sunday. As I am in Pacific Standard Time, and was thinking late MY sunday, It should be revised to earlly Monday, or Late Monday, GMT.

Although this deadline is tentative. Tamper Magnitude, or myself will state here that the league is full (when we are no longer accepting new teams), and a new thread will start, with the schedule, when everything is ready to launch. Until then, feel free to apply, play out your 6 etc.

Asperon Thorn
Artagas

Post   Posted: May 18, 2003 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

hi.

looking fwd 4 the new schedule (is it going to be 1 game/week like it used to be, right?)
about warm up games: good idea, though instead of having 6 games exactly ppl should play so they all have about the same team st....a team with 6 games but either st 60 or 160 will not be a lot of fun to play against. (so all those ppl with 5 games but over tr 140...please consider that before playing your 6th game).
i would encourage everybody to play vs halfling. the treemen will niggle your favourite players, and i will laugh my ass off:)
is it ok to play the warm up game after you call the league closed but prior to the first game? i prolly wont have time to play it till tuesday...
gorritakid

Post   Posted: May 18, 2003 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

If there is still room, I am very interested too in a long-term scheduled league. I have one div x slot free which i can use to build a team for this league, just give me a go! and i will be there!
Darqwan

Post   Posted: May 19, 2003 - 01:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to join as well with a human team.
Additionally, I might like to try writing some match reports, so this league could ahve a monthly sports page or something.
pharaoh

Post   Posted: May 20, 2003 - 02:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey!! - Would also like to be involved in the league (if I am not to late already. Crying or Very sad ) I am awaiting acceptance with a Necromantic team. However I have not had time to play any games (up to the max of 6). Will this pose a problem (other than to me having a lesser strength team)??
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: May 20, 2003 - 02:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Um. . .yeah well I guess I should post an update. Everyone still has time to get thier 6 games. I am waiting on Tamper to finalize who is in and who is not, so keep at it. Until I get the "Hey Asp, tell them to stop bugging me, and start the matches, already!", the schedule won't be released, nor will I be able to estimate how many games we are playing. Just be prepared for the long haul. For all the interest that has been shown we may end up with a lot of teams.

Asperon Thorn
 Jump to: