65 coaches online • Server time: 23:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
peikko

Post 21 Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 08:59 Reply with quote Back to top

These are the rules review changes in stunty:

a) Big Guys still do have general access in stunty.

b) Goblins star player access is now limited to goblin star players only

c) Halflings again have access to ogres but have no access to treeman star player.

All other rules review changes will effect stunty leeg like they will effect other divisions.
frannie88

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 07:28 Reply with quote Back to top

how come deeproot was taken away from the halfling roster? I couldn't find a thread that discussed it. also, why do flings now cost 40k? I didn't see that in the rules review?
johan

Post 13 Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
These are the rules review changes in stunty:
a) Big Guys still do have general access in stunty.

Christ almighty, WHY?!

In my opinion, one the biggest problems with Stunty is that the Big Guys are everything. Block/Tackle/MB/Multiblock (and heaven forbid, Claw/RSC/Pro to top it off) is what decides matches. Increasing the importance and survivability of the little fellas themselves was one of the things I really looked forward to when it came to No General for Big Guys.

Weakening the Big Guys would even out several of the issues in Stunty (that is, the obscene bashing-power of Snotlings and the crappiness of the no-Big-Guy teams like Gnomes/Cheaters/Squig.)

This a rare instance where using the new rules would be the perfect fix, and you decide NOT to include them?

We are not amused.

/johan
coddlecodd

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 14:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree that the Biggies should be toned down. By losing easy access to Block that would have done it. I can also see that this will upset a lot of players who just want to see a Big Guy wreak havoc in the opposing team.

As a gnome player I might be biased though Wink
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

johan wrote:
A bunch of whiny, self-serving blather

We are not amused.

Ironic. Neither are we. Try not to be such a drama queen.

If you want to play stunties without G access on big guys, play them in Unranked. Simple, yet effective. You can still play precisely the way you are whining about if only you can be bothered to do it for your damn self.

It's a special kind of lazy when you can't even put absolutely zero effort into getting what you want (because it is already available) and instead you'd rather whine and have someone give it to you.

Give it some time. Let the admin do his job and quit whining. Grow up, move on, and, if enough people still think it's a problem after trying it out, then address the problem in the future.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 16:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree, no Deeproot for flings? That leaves, what, woodies as the only team able to hire the dude? How often does that ever happen? I have played well over a hundred games with woodies, and NEVER had the cash to hire a star...too many injuries to always be replaced! Or are you only removing access to Deeproot to stunty flings, while still permitting him in ranked and such?

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

/me points at the part of the page which says this is the Stunty Leeg forum.

Flings can still hire deeproot in all other divisions. This is ONLY for Stunty Leeg.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:

Try not to be such a drama queen.

If you want to play stunties without G access on big guys, play them in Unranked. Simple, yet effective. You can still play precisely the way you are whining about if only you can be bothered to do it for your damn self.

It's a special kind of lazy when you can't even put absolutely zero effort into getting what you want (because it is already available) and instead you'd rather whine and have someone give it to you.

Give it some time. Let the admin do his job and quit whining. Grow up, move on, and, if enough people still think it's a problem after trying it out, then address the problem in the future.

*Raises eyebrow*

Just a few things, then:

1: Look around the room for a sense of humour. If you can't find it, I hear they sell them on eBay.

2: I listed a number of arguments (admittedly somewhat pointed ones) for using an OFFICIAL rule. I've yet to see a developed argument for why it shouldn't be used.

3. Stunty is _the_ place to play Stunty matches. Take a guess on what will happen if I post a Snot team to Gamefinder. Do you think that, say, 90 % of the match offers will be from non-stunty teams? Do you think that it would be a hassle to keep repeating that no?

4. I posted some arguments. You called me a drama queen, whining, lazy, whining, immature, and also whining. I leave it as an exercise to the reader to argue for which approach is the most constructive.

/johan
Glomp

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 19:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Mojo's approach?

Click the gamefinder button (the one at the top)

Isn't too difficuly really...

Last edited by Glomp on Nov 19, 2004 - 19:49; edited 1 time in total
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Please let's not go over this again...

BMrM means that you can organize a league for yourselves in unranked, not use gamefinder for it. Also why use an OFFICIAL rule in an UNOFFICIAL league.

Please let's leave it at that, no amountof discussion will change it.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Edit: Freak's right, so I'm deleting all this... except for one note about official rules and their relationship to stunty leeg.

Stunty Leeg is, I think rather obviously, not following official rules in a number of respects. Some people - most notably Grumbledook, one of the admins who actually has a substantial say in such things - think that this is a good reason to get rid of Stunty Leeg altogether. You're actually helping that argument by trying to rid stunty of "non-official" rules.

Just something for you to consider.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

The fact that Stunty uses one set of unofficial rules (namely, the teams -- what else is unofficial?) doesn't mean unofficial rules should be used on principle, right? An official rule should only be ignored if there is a good reason for it, I'm sure we can agree on that? And as I think this rule would be a huge improvement for Stunty, I really wonder about the rationale for not using it...

/johan

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
hunter

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

And as I think this rule would be a huge improvement for Stunty, I really wonder about the rationale for not using it...

Because not everyone has the same opinion as you. Check out this thread for more details, for example.

~hunter

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 22:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, all of 36 % of the people polled agreed with the official line. Wink

/johan

(NOTE: THAT WAS A JOKE.)

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Additionally, Peikko, the guy who is in charge of stunty, is the guy who gets to pick. Not you or I. This is what he has picked.

Is this unfair? Well, no. Not really. Peikko is also the guy who has to live with the consequences - at the moment, including all the people who have their panties in a bunch and think that their opinions should carry more weight by virtue of their cunningly scathing forum posts.

I simply think it's a little premature to leap down his throat because you believe that he is wrong. Stunty Leeg has been fine like this for quite some time. A number of people have been enjoying it in its current state for quite some time. I, personally, happen to think that a large collection of coaches playing with silly variations on the official rules is a pretty good rationale - particularly since it is the entire reason for having a Stunty Leeg.

By arguing against non-official rules in Stunty solely on the basis of their non-officiality (my new favorite word), you're arguing against having a stunty leeg at all. Arguing against them on the basis of what is good for stunty is fine... although you have little in the way of support there, as stunty has been quite happily chugging along without the changes opposing so vehemently. All this came up only because of the Official nature of the new rules.

Also, it is my personal opinion that the tone implied in some of your earlier posts has been unnecessarily venemous towards someone who is working in your best interests. Hence my earlier observations (ie: name-calling Wink ) to that effect.

Jump to: