13 coaches online • Server time: 02:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2004 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:

If you want to play stunties without G access on big guys, play them in Unranked. Simple, yet effective. You can still play precisely the way you are whining about if only you can be bothered to do it for your damn self.

Is this actually possible, and if not can it be made possible ?

we have organised a group but now I am told the unranked stuntys will still get general access
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 03:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the reason why big boys have to keep general skills is because the game would just become way to unbalanced with all the old big boys running around. I don't think it is possible to fix this problem without kicking all the teams in the league out and starting over and thats a really crappy option. The only other thing i can think of would be to kick all big boys off teams and replace them with rookies which would be a shitty thing to do as well. I don't think that any other options are possible so we are kinda stuck with them as they are for better or worse. Flat out implementing the rule would just make the game way to unbalanced for new teams since there are so many big boys floating around with uber skills and the turnover rate on big boys in stunty isn't nearly high enough to get rid of them any time in the near future. It's not a question of which rule is better it's just not possible to fairly implement the new rule, thats my take on the situation at least.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

This has never stopped implementations of the rules in other cases. For instance, my Orks still have an Ogre and, much more extreme, my Dwarves still have an Ogre as well. I think we just have to bite the bullet with regards to grandfathering, because that's the only way things will ever get better. It will be a bit unbalanced for a while, but then the old powerhouses will age out or slowly die off in the matches.

And don't forget you'll get General skills on experienced Big Guys anyway -- a 126 SPP Big Guy will have Block/Tackle (unless he took +ST, poor bugger). It won't be a perfect transition, but that's not in itself a reason to hold off.

/johan
 Jump to: