46 coaches online • Server time: 13:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
peikko

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

It seems that some coaches do not understand why I decided to leave general access to Big Guys on stunty leeg. Here is couple reasons:

Changin this would alter the whole essence of stunty leeg alot more than in any other division and there just has not been any reason to do so. People who has made this change in LRB have made it for real teams and effects there is whole lotta different.

One of the main things stunty leeg is ment to be is comic sidekick of ranked leagues. Not just another league where you try just to play ball for the win grinning your teeths. Keeping the general access makes stunty more different from the rest of the divisions.
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

To even consider ridding big guys of general access in stunty would be fooilis, new teams would get destroyed by the older teams, their big guys would not be able to cope against the opponents.

Although it would help balance a lot of the teams the only way around this would be by resting all the teams, and i can't see people being happy with that, or maybe you could reroll all the big guys skills, but that would surely take a lot of time and effort
mattsve

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I belive that the stunty leeg would be more comic and random if not every bg has block. As it is now I find it more like a big guys leauge with many targets for the big guys to practice on.
Legbreaker

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I think cases can be made for both keeping and loosing G access. Arguments against G access includes:
*Team without/with less bigguys (Cheaters, Gnomes, Skinks, Strigs, perhaps Squigs) will become more competitive at high TR. Maybe too competitive.
*Less focus on the big guys, now if you have one BG MNG you're at a very big disadvantage compared to the other team. Same goes for BGs getting killed/retired, the rookie BG won't suck as much compared to the experienced ones.
*Player SPP growth won't be as lopsided as the BGs will be getting fewer casualties.

Arguments for G access:
*Some of the mayhem factor will go away if you remove G. Teams won't be reduced to heaps of blood and gore as fast.
*The disparity between old and new stunty teams will be rather big. Will be a long period where a lot of old Blockle, Multiblock BGs will make it lopsided/impossible to play old teams with new ones.
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

For one horrible, terrifying day, stunty looked well balanced. Then big guys got G access back.

Once again stunty leeg is big guy leeg with just alot of squishy targets to help them develop.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sorry, were you hoping to have your stunty guys live long times and develop with a lot of skills on players with a lot of spps? Or are you hoping for absolute mayhem? All it takes is a well-placed chainsaw to put those BG's back in their place...

I don't care if it is BG target practice by and large (that's how my cfling team has felt so far, being the victims more than the victors). If I can have a stunty team suffer a dozen cas and still laugh, it makes the 3 or 4 suffered by my "normal" teams seem not so bad. Of course, two of my last three normal games have resulted in me suffering 9 cas per game (3 RIP in each), so it's been feeling a lot like stunty in my ranked games, too...

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth wrote:
For one horrible, terrifying day, stunty looked well balanced. Then big guys got G access back.

Once again stunty leeg is big guy leeg with just alot of squishy targets to help them develop.

aint that the truth. all stunty is a big guy stomping ground to smash little things in droves. Where else do you get tackle, block, multi-block as first 3 skills on big guys....just to smash more crap into the ground.

this change would actually have made stunty MORE fun by being making big guys more random and unreliable.

Cheaters will still suck, gnomes will still suck, skyre slaves will still suck...and anybody else without a big guy.
GalakStarscraper

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth wrote:

I'd have to agree. As a long term stunty coach (just not here) ... I do think that leaving General on the Big Guy makes the Stunty league more a Big Guy league with stunty players along for the ride.

Galak
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

How about denying BG's access to G skills with the exception of block?

A nice compromise perhaps?
lord_real

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

What will happen with the stuntys that are transfered to the unranked devision? what about the halfling and goblin teams that are transfered there?
Stonewall

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

speaking as a coach in a stunty tournament i´d be nice if the "stunty BGs get Gen access" rule could be extended to include stunty teams in [u], if at all possible (I´ve no idea). as it is my new beast of nurgle will get shredded. but then again you could argue that its my own fault for getting rid of the niggler before him (it?). on the other hand, had I known maybe I wouldnt have considered the old beast for retirement...

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I prefere to have Big Guys with general skill access in stunty. If there aren't any players with general skill access, stunty will change to pushback bowl and secret weapons will be much stronger (especially poison dagger and chainsaw), even with the rule of 11, because under scrutiny has been removed.
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Stunty Leeg Big Guys need general access badly imo.. the fun and charme of stunty comes a lot from the amount of mayhem there Wink imagine how uncompetitiv big guys would be in stunty at higher tr without block or tackle.. the sidestepping gits would just laugh at the clumsy big ones dodge around them and would make them complete and utter useless.. i don't say that stunty is balanced the way it is now.. but it's the better of the two choices...

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Peikko answered that you will still be able to transfer teams from S to U in a previous thread... so time to build up your block tackle big guys in stunty then transfer them over I suggest.

EDIT: BTW, a 3 dice block without block or tackle is still a 42% chance to get a clean POW, 4% chance of turnover. BG would still get casualties just not the high levels currently that encourage clearing the pitch not taking risky chances.

My pygmy kroxigors havent even bothered with multiple block yet the team still averages 5.5 cas/game.
peikko

Post   Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I will prolly get flamed for this but here goes:

As there seems to be coaches who think big guys should not have general access why dont you organize group inside stunty leeg where you play vs eachothers and do not take general skills on your big guys? Theres plenty of groups who select their oppoents in most divisions... Maybe you can that way proove to yourselves and maybe even some of the rest of us that non-gen stunty will lead into something else than pushbacking opponents and whole teams having sidestep-diving tackle-players.
 Jump to: