53 coaches online • Server time: 20:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mully

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

START YOUR OWN LEAGUE!!!

Stupid advice ...why waste the forum space.

Creating your own leagues leaves coaches a VERY limited number of teams to play as compared to the entire FUMBBL stunty community.

You might as well type, then dont play stunty. Which I really dont because of those reasons above. If the majority of the community agrees with you then great. The issue would be if the majority of FUMBBLERs want to get rid of G access it doesnt make sense to keep it because of the views of a few admins.

I dont have an extreme position on this either way, but I would like the see more of these decisions being based on the feelings of the general community (majority).

And if

Quote:

START YOUR OWN LEAGUE!!!

is still your response then why not let stunty follow the current LRB for Big Guys and let Peikko (or someone else) run a separate league with G skills.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

knock it off already, children and let peikko keeps his head. Peikko is finnish for troll and trolls are often know to be stubborn. (or was it RS?)

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

There is no reason to play Stunty League if Big Guys can not have general skills.

No general skills for Big Guys, no mayhem, no fun!

It was a relief when I saw that general skills are still available for the S league!

edit---> Thanks MrMojo! It is fixed.

Last edited by Captain1821 on %b %21, %2004 - %23:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Captain, put "not" between can and have and your post will make sense Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 22:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Well surely if most coaches here dont want big guys with G access then your group will be huge! In comparison to a tiny stunty leeg. In fact your group will become stunty leeg!!!

In that case peikko will have to implament the changes because 'the people' will have clearly spoken.

You can't really ignore it as a suggestion, since its clearly the only one open to you. The decision has been made and sitting here whining dosen't get you any closer to what you want.

...duh!

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

re: Opinions on Stunty Leeg. Check out this thread.

re: Starting your own group is the only option. I guess I must have been on another planet again, when Peikko said he was open to discussing following the Rules Review changes and applying the changes to Big Guys to the Stunty Leeg.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Pledge To Resist

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Evo - thank you.

I missed that thread. You are a wealth of information

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Also it would be impossible to run a league and allow big guys to have general access on fumbbl, since you would have to do coding to make that happen, whilst to run a league with out general access would only require you not to pick them.

Technically speaking you could even do it from within stunty. Just get together with a large group of players, decide not to pick general skills, and only play each other, therefore when you bblfg you won't even get the hassle of dwarves asking you for games. Although you would have to check that it is within the rules. But since the 'majority' of people would prefer it that way i am sure you will have plenty of opponents to choose from.

I have already stated that i play with teams without big guys because i find them more fun, and yet i don't want general access to be removed, it is part of stunty, it always has been part of stunty, and it is what most of us joined stunty for in the first place. I really don't go along with the 'it will balance stunty more' arguement, imagine how much skinks would dominate then, and do we really want a division with no challenging teams for the more experienced players to try to do well with.

Stunty is not about balance, it is not about fairness, it is about fun so please let's stop the bitching, deal with Peikko's decision like grown ups and start having some fun, and next time a troll triple skulls itself to death we can all chuckle together.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Shut up and conform.

aye aye Kappin!

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 08:09 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
Indeed I admit that at least you send threads to ask us what we think.

What I generally hate with admins? It is like they take themselves for god. Man, they should learn communication.

-"now you will still have acces to G"
-"but ....arguments...."
-"if you don't like it create your own tournament"

Well... you could just read the very first message in this thread...
peikko

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 08:17 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:
I guess I must have been on another planet again, when Peikko said he was open to discussing following the Rules Review changes and applying the changes to Big Guys to the Stunty Leeg.

Again, what is this? Have I locked all threads or said you ppl should shut up?
What I have tried to say is that you dont have any that good reasons or majority of stunty players behind you. Again if you martians think that only way you are beein listened is when you get what you want...

The biggest thing where you make bad for yourselfs (meaning all ppl who would like to get rid of G on BGs) is where you have proven that youre just all talk while I dont see any tournament rising to prove that stunty without general would be any fun. I will say is again, maybe I have not been clear; best way to back your talks up is prove something. It just can not be that hard.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 22:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Arghhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Peikko, can you please stop quoting me out of context!
You are starting to look like you are ditching reason in an attempt to live up to your name. I don't know if it's deliberate trolling or an inability to read what I type.

Re: Peikko's apparent confusion. I was responding to freak_in_a-frocks orders to shut up and conform.

Re: My position on Big Guys losing gen access. I haven't made up my mind.

Re: Stunty without general being fun. Are all TR100 Stunty Leeg games no fun? Are games/teams with no Big Guys no fun? Would fun TR100 Stunty Leeg games prove that no G on BGs could still be fun?

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Homage To Catalonia

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I think there are good arguements either way for changing or leaving it the same. I happen to like it that Peikko is not implementing the changes. Kudos for thinking a situation through, making a decision and sticking to it. Kudos for not bowing down before the BBRC or GW (apologizes to you hard working gents). Pretty rare these days. (Particularly among Skaven, but that is more or less a racial trait). The more I play this game the more I realize that there are groups of people who react to the rules and create the meanest, baddest thing. Great. Some people call that munchkinism. Kinda fits into Stunty, no? But, there are also people that will play a team that, by design, is not as effective simply to play something different, or overcome an obstacle.

Love the mayhem, it is your friend, and while you are at it, go for that team mate throw. That would be fun.

Just remember, if you don't play nice and get along, then we Skaven will win the day in the end...

Grey Seer FerretBitten
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

mattsve wrote:
I belive that the stunty leeg would be more comic and random if not every bg had block. [...]

Exactly what I once thought.

When I played stunty it was great fun initially. The more the teams developed, the more boring it became though, as the Big Guys became far too reliable. Peculiar that many coaches seem to think the other way round.

I won't join stunty ever again, so my opinion on this matter is absolutely irrelevant after all, was just surprised by some claims made within this thread.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
sk8bcn wrote:
Indeed I admit that at least you send threads to ask us what we think.

What I generally hate with admins? It is like they take themselves for god. Man, they should learn communication.

-"now you will still have acces to G"
-"but ....arguments...."
-"if you don't like it create your own tournament"

Well... you could just read the very first message in this thread...

Yes did did re-read it and I do not understand.

You said you maintain them for keeping the fun in stunty. but well, it seem not to be that much of an argument since some thinks that removing them make it fun, and other thinks they must be kept to keep it fun.

Anyway I still have no opinion on the subject at all.
 Jump to: