31 coaches online • Server time: 13:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What's your vision of Stunty Leeg?
It should be a Big Guy Slaughterfest Leeg. Not only should BGs have Gen access but they should start with Block, Tackle and Multi-block to avoid those dull games where I don't kill 6 or 7 stunties.
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
I play Stunty Leeg to develop Big Guys with high carnage counts. It wouldn't be worth playing unless I could develop Slaughter Beasts with Block, Tackle, Multi-block that General access allows.
31%
 31%  [ 40 ]
I like to play the fun, fluffy mayhemful rosters that don't have Big Guys, so I don't really care whether Big Guys get general access.
8%
 8%  [ 11 ]
I don't want Stunty Leeg to be a Big Guy Leeg any longer. I'm intrigued by the option of removing General access from Big Guys.
36%
 36%  [ 46 ]
I want to play Elf Ball in Stunty Leeg. Big Guys should be lowered to strength 4 as a 3 dice block with mighty blow already causes too much mayhem.
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
I only play Stunty Leeg with new teams that have no advances. I still find them fun and mayhemful. I don't understand what all the fuss is about.
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
I don't live on planet earth and want to write storybooks. Whichever version of Stunty Leeg allows me to do this would be the best.
13%
 13%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 126

EvolveToAnarchism

Post 16 Posted: Nov 18, 2004 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm tempted to ramble on about the whole debate about General access for Big Guys in the Stunty Leeg. But rather than bore you with my opinions, I thought it might be interesting to hear your views.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Peikko=Troll? Twisted Evil

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

since my teams in stunty are squigs/gnomes/strigs /cheaters and slaves i s'pose i choose teams that don't have big guys, unless the lord counts as one. I think that have big guys tearing up the field is part and parcel of stunty, and to change that would turn stunty into something completely different.

People can argue that it turns into 'big guy' leeg but since a good number of teams don't even feature big guys i think it is a mute point, also in LRB stunty teams the big guys always have been relied on to do some damage, that is way stunty teams got 2 of them.

If we stopped big guys becoming the killing machines that they are now stunty would be full of high tr teams with loads of money to spend, i think we can assume that casualties will be cut without a blockle big guy or 2 on the team.

And to think we would also wouldn't get as often that joyous feeling when a big guy doesn't break your little guys armour.
Trif

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

i voted for the second option, but it would be interesting to see how it would go without big guys.

"Now that's an esophagous!"
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I would love stunty leegwithout bigguys as in my opinion its more like big guy leeg at the moment. However you've gotta think about how long those grandfathered big guys would last, just look at Albators goblins, they've still got Ogres!

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Well good BG's usually gets to know the boot of the stunty players sooner or later Smile
hunter

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 04:13 Reply with quote Back to top

IMO, referring to the Stunty Leeg as a "Big Guy" League is a bit shortsighted and biased. I see it as a pretty diverse league, and one can find matches in whichever type of style one wants. If people are worried that the Stunty Leeg doesn't have enough "elfish" teams, these people should work to develop some more. If people want more teams that emphasize secret weapon use or wacky skills, develop them. Although not everyone will use these teams, I'm sure that many would be willing to help in the development and playtesting of them. If you want, the Stunty Leeg could be developed essentially the same as the LRB teams: Bashy vs. Nonbashy. Although, in Stunty Leeg, there could be more groups (e.g., Weaponed vs. Nonweaponed, BG vs. no BG, etc.).

The point is, some people like myself really enjoy the mayhem aspect of Stunty Leeg. Others enjoy the fluffiness. Others enjoy the secret weapon use and fouling. Others like to develop their teams just like they would regular teams, with relatively equal distribution of spps and an emphasis on player development. Most, perhaps, find enjoyment (at least partially) in all of these aspects. There is not going to be a single "Vision" for the Stunty Leeg, and no individual's vision is necessarily any more valid than any other individual's. Peikko is in charge, and I do not envy his position... he has to try to appease everyone, which is inevitably impossible. Calling him names will not help or change that. I personally think he's done a good job thus far, and has acted in accordance with what he believes is best for the Stunty Leeg and FUMBBL in general.

The wording of some of your poll options are somewhat biased, for example in the second option calling the Big Guys "Slaughter Beasts", and for simply referring to the Stunty Leeg as a Big Guy league (hopefully I've made some sense about why that seems shortsighted). I'm voting for #2, the option about Slaughter Beasts, because that is the most enjoyable aspect of the league to me, even though I find almost as much enjoyment in player development (I actually started playing Stunty because I like the sounds the client generates for casualties... it gives me a little rush!). However, I can't develop my players without spps, and a good way to earn spps is by causing casualties. In fact, it is much easier to earn spps that way than by scoring or passing in Stunty, at least in my experience.

Well this turned out longer than I had expected, and I'm probably starting to ramble, so I'm through for now. Razz

~hunter

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, big guys are the heart of Stunty, along with those nippy lilttle beggars who are called "other players". You don't get too attached to your little guys, as they can be smashed to bits in the next game. On the other hand, if the little guys can usually dodge the big guy's wrath as they usually are slow and thumpy, and if they really get fed up, they can block the beast down, and foul it to death.

I voted for the Slaughter Beasts. I play stunty because I like to cause as much mayhem as possible, and no-one is better at causing mayhem than Big Guys.

Proud owner of a Nurgling team, which beasts did 5 casualties in the last game
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Evo, your polls are biased Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

okay hows this for you stunty non big guy skilled lovin freaks - go to groups - click , create group called "stunty teams where bg dont have access to general skills" ,click create group , click on forum ,then new topic ,post it in the forum under , Join my league were Bgs dont have access to general skills for stunty teams only . see how the response grows ? Hell I might do it myself Smile
nazerdemus

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2005
THERE YOU GO , HAVE FUN Smile

Last edited by nazerdemus on Nov 25, 2004 - 17:07; edited 1 time in total
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The fact "stunty" increases the range of any passing game, combined with little else but agi 3 or worse, and you simply CAN'T have true "Elf ball" in stunty. Ball control sucks, speed is pathetic (usually), so playing a passing game or high-scoring game is gonna only happen once in a blue moon. After those two sources of entertainment and spps, all that's left is bashing.

Although look how many people are not from this planet after all! Guess that explains some of the whack opinions presented so far. Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 20, 2004 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't been playing stunty for long but to me stunty leeg is "incompetence bowl". Where the suckiest players gather and try to do something. I'd actually like it if Big Guys were as sucky and unreliable as the standard players 8^) (The Big Guy skill is just that I suppose, removal of general skills even more so Smile)

I'm all for the removal of General access. It would probably be a lot more fun with Big Guys falling over all over the place, maybe they would even throw stunties a bit more. Sure the imagery of big guys rumbling through ranks like there's no tomorrow and the stunties trying to get away is a fun one. But funner still is the big guy rumbling through the ranks slipping on banana peels while a bunch of stunties try to pick up a ball with the other big guys eating players and falling over when they miss the dodgy little bugger and their fists get stuck in the mud instead. Incompetence Bowl 8^)

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally Im finding this poll result backing up big guys having general access big time. Having this biassed choices and gen access still winning sends pretty clear message. And again nazerdemus group beein empty send another as strong message.
johan

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Peikko, we got to vote on Squig Hoppers. Why not just put up a poll on General Access, and go with the result. Especially if you're so sure the majority is behind you.

That would shut us up pretty good, wouldn't it?

/johan

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
mutescreamer

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 13:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I really like stunty as it is to be honest. I play it a fair ol bit (now that I got over my star mino dieing on a GFI) because it is quite simply fun. Wouldn't be as fun without the OTT carnage and sheer slapstickness (for want of a real word that i didn't make up).

Because Big guys are so much more important in stunty than they are in ranked, a change of this nature would redefine the division much more than it has affected the Ranked division. If there are going to be any changes in stunty I think limit it to minor roster refinements rather than a huge overhaul of the basic stunty philosophy.

Keep stunty mad, that's the way it should be

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&op=view&player_id=930655RIP Private
 Jump to: