41 coaches online • Server time: 11:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What's your vision of Stunty Leeg?
It should be a Big Guy Slaughterfest Leeg. Not only should BGs have Gen access but they should start with Block, Tackle and Multi-block to avoid those dull games where I don't kill 6 or 7 stunties.
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
I play Stunty Leeg to develop Big Guys with high carnage counts. It wouldn't be worth playing unless I could develop Slaughter Beasts with Block, Tackle, Multi-block that General access allows.
31%
 31%  [ 40 ]
I like to play the fun, fluffy mayhemful rosters that don't have Big Guys, so I don't really care whether Big Guys get general access.
8%
 8%  [ 11 ]
I don't want Stunty Leeg to be a Big Guy Leeg any longer. I'm intrigued by the option of removing General access from Big Guys.
36%
 36%  [ 46 ]
I want to play Elf Ball in Stunty Leeg. Big Guys should be lowered to strength 4 as a 3 dice block with mighty blow already causes too much mayhem.
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
I only play Stunty Leeg with new teams that have no advances. I still find them fun and mayhemful. I don't understand what all the fuss is about.
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
I don't live on planet earth and want to write storybooks. Whichever version of Stunty Leeg allows me to do this would be the best.
13%
 13%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 126

Gumbo

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

The restriction of gen access is ultimately to allow Ogres to enter the mainstream. Which begs the question why let them come in if they're going to upset BG's playing everywhere else?? Is it impossible in terms of mechanics to let BG's in the Stunty Leeg have there precious Block back on normals? Other wise, Stunty Leeg could become so farsical as to petre out and die (to shouts of applause from some, i know). Bring back Gen acces for BG's in Stunty Leeg. NOW!!!
johan

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think it's about the Ogre team, it's about Big Guys being too good in general (which they are). If anything, this hurts Big Guys worse in normal matches (where the big guys tend to throw the now very unreliable two-dice blocks) than in Stunty (where you get your relatively safe three-dicers almost all the time anyway).

/johan

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
JoeKano

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

You gotta love it though when three skulls comes up, ahhh now thats funny , and then to make it worse the big guy goes down and dies. Those are the moments you live to see in stunty, and yes they happen.

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

It will still happen without Block. Wink

/johan

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
Colin

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I have been tempted to get into Stunty Leeg in the past, but having spectated a few games I was put off - the onus appeared to be annihilation every time, with the ball utterly ignored. Stunty should be about wacky, high-risk manoevres, stuff you wouldn't dream of trying in Ranked division. One thing I noticed that wasn't being tried was TTM, which is at the very heart of what Stunty teams are about. There is an art to doing it right.

A 3db with Block, Tackle and Mighty Blow against av6 with +1 to injury hardly seems risky to me.

The Poll seems to indicate a 50:50 split in opinion - there appears to be no clear majority on this issue.

Last edited by Colin on %b %22, %2004 - %14:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
peikko

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

johan wrote:
Peikko, we got to vote on Squig Hoppers. Why not just put up a poll on General Access, and go with the result. Especially if you're so sure the majority is behind you.

No matter where majority is Im goin to stop stupid things from happening.

For the zillionth time: ppl who would like to have general-skill-on-big-guys free stunty leeg should do some major playtesting on that. Before this is done, you are not goin to see it happening.
Gumbo

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh thank god, general skills are still in?? Whew i thought they were out. Good show! And johan: Granted they removed general skills from BG's to make them a less inevitable choice for a normal team, but i don't believe they would have ever tried to do that without an incentive of another sort, namely the introduction of Ogres. So effectively its the introduction of Ogres that brought the whole removal of BG general skills access. Personally negative traits and the Big Guy trait especially handicaps them more than enough. Why do those BBRC boys keep fixing things when they're not broken! I know i'll get a barrage of critisism, but i don't care. Rule fiddling is getting so boring. Lets leave it how it bloody well is! Hmm what was the topic again?!?

*waits for incoming*
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
For the zillionth time: ppl who would like to have general-skill-on-big-guys free stunty leeg should do some major playtesting on that. Before this is done, you are not goin to see it happening.

What do you call all of those TR100 Stunty Leeg games? What do you call all those games between 6 of the 13 teams that don't have BGs?

As Always,
Evolve From Anarchism
Relevant Link

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 07:16 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:
What do you call all of those TR100 Stunty Leeg games? What do you call all those games between 6 of the 13 teams that don't have BGs?

I would not call call idea for whole league playtested after some tr100 games. And I would not again call idea of non-general-access-big guys playtested looking of teams without big guys playing.
Kommando

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

some? like some hundreds of games?
peikko

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Kommando wrote:
some? like some hundreds of games?

It doesnt change anything even if there were million tr100 games played. Still it would not be tested in older teams and higher team ratings.
Korso

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted for the second option. Clearly the best choice it was.
Kommando

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2004 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

just spamming in related threads Smile

Ok, i started a group in order to playtest how stunty plays without G-access for big guys. join if you want to see g-access fall as it deserves! join if you want to proudly defend g-access!
join here: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2005
Ezekiel

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2004 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

why start a group that tests big guys without g acces when u dont have any team in it that even have big guys?
HollowOne

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2004 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
No matter where majority is Im goin to stop stupid things from happening.

That's so entrenched. It's almost sad. Sad
 Jump to: