28 coaches online • Server time: 02:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
NNNChef

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 12:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi

There is a new rule, that coaches have to set up minimum of 11 players on the field. Does this rule apply to the unranked division? There some Tournaments tha uses less players then 11.
emil_frojd

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I don´t think it is in the latest patch so it doesn´t work. And you have to set up 11 players if you can otherwise you have to set up as many players as possible.

/Emil
Drokmar

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 12:38 Reply with quote Back to top

NNNChef, When it's implemented into the Client, you must field the most you can. I'm hoping that Skijunkie will have this as a selectable option, so those who wish to play in tourney's like the Brewmeister and similar will still be able to.

Kath
Markus

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

you have to field 11 pl now as it's in the rules even not implemented in the client.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

indeed the rule applies, even if the client lets you use less
annachie

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

It still amazes me how people are completely unable to understand the concept of leagues using modified rules within the scope of SkiJunkies masterpiece that we call fumbbl.

To allow the selecting of a lower minimum players to take the field would be but a negligable code change, given that he already would have to change the code to enforce it. Yet it would allow the above mentioned special rules leagues to still occur.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with annachie. I also think -hope- that grum answered lightly without thinking of the topic.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually, in order to stick to the rules of the League, Monday Night Fourball will have to change its format somewhat.
Currently you're allowed to have 5 players on your team and you can only play 4 on the field at any given time (barring Get the Ref).
That is now illegal. We can't do that anymore.

4vs4IT, on the other hand, only allows 4 players on a team. That's ok. That's legal. You have to field all of them but that's still legal.

There is no rule in the LRB that says you can't sack players to get down to 4 or 5 players on your team... so in both cases, the rosters themselves are legal.

Grum's not just making this stuff up... it's the rules and he's one of the guys who created them. You have to stick to the rules of the League or you could get booted.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

MNF can still commence...you'd just have to have all 5 players on the pitch to start each drive. Then keep that fifth player up in the far corner of the endzone, away from the action. Start to move him in any way following the placement in the endzone, and the other coach can call foul on you for "using a fifth player". Unless you "Get the ref 2", allowing normally 12 guys on pitch, then I could see you using the 5th guy that drive only.

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

But then AFK, that 5th player will have to be agreed upon to have absolutely no impact on the match ... and what if he has FA and just by being there, causes a player to drop the catch that would have given him the TD, etc?
NNNChef

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I have teh following problem.

In my league it sometimes happens, that a Team A have to play agains a Team B. For example a Team A has an STR of 130 and a Team B has a STR of 180. My Intention is to make such games more interesting and balanced for both coaches. The handicaps doesnt help really. Thus we developed a rule to make such games more balanced and playable for both coaches. The stronger Team, in my example the team B, sometimes have to play less then 11 Players on the field althoug he has more available players. The rule works very wel for us.
I hope we will still be able to use our own league rule and Teams are allowed to place less then 11 Players.
Simsa

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 17:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Easy thing: just keep a copy of JavaBB 7.9a on your computer. The whole thing is not so big, so you can keep 2 Copy's of JavaBB on your harddisk. One of the Clients is used for normal Games and Patched, as soon as new patches are available, one just for 4vs4 or Monday Night Fourball, applying no patches.

Perhaps, the "old version" could be kept available on fumbbl, to solve the problem of newbies to "special leagues" not having a suitable client.
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not the client, it's the rule and the principle behind it

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Question, though--would such games be permissable to upload the results? Does the fumbbl site only recognize game results with a tag showing the latest client version? Or do you simply need your version to match your opponent's?

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2004 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

The rules council can't enforce the rules on your league , personally I like the rules council as it keeps things Fresh ,

Can you concede a touchdown ?
 Jump to: