34 coaches online • Server time: 07:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mike_B20

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

They are a nightmare.

My Orcs were just handed a painfull thrashing by these reptiles.
It was horrible...the Black Orcs couldn't keep up with the Sauruses, my Troll failed his big guy rolls most of the time and my linemen couldn't keep up with anything.
If any of my players managed to arrive at the action, they were immediately ganged by a swarm of these monsters.
My team spent most of the game on their backs.

I tried the 'blitz a skink every turn' approach...one thing wrong with this strategy...the little pests rarely fell over. Not one KO'd or hurt the entire match.
Not to mention the fact that, ignoring the ball game to skink hunt invites a massively unfavourable scoreline.

Those Sauruses are like a pack of smart , fast, ogres...without the usual 'big guy' penalties.

I understand they have weaknesses, like low agility on the Sauruses and long term survivabilty for the skinks but a new team of these guys is awesome.
Can a relatively new Orc team possibly win against lizards?
Orcs seemed outclassed in every department except agility.

I'm a noob at this game online and am interested in hearing of favourable strategies against these guys for various teams.
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 01:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Low agility on the saurus are the keys. get some line-orcs//bobs to keep the saurus busy, then use your blitzer(s) to blitzx the lil non-block havin skinks, or get an assist and use a bob to get a 3d block... that'd work most of the time
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I think a lot of orc coaches have issues with lizzies because its the one team with more strength than they have.

Give em the ball at the kickoff... focus on killing skinks while you let them score... and then Orc stall for the next 12-14 turns, while scoring twice. Linemen are great saurus, krox fodder.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Dreadclaw is right if you can pin down the sauri you will be fine, however due to the speed of the skinks always keep one blitzer in your backfield for blitzing any skink who just tries to run past. Skinks prefer a running game as they like to handoff to a guy who can score that turn just make it difficult for them to hand the ball off (1 TZ/skink who can score minimum).

Also dont be afraid to foul the skinks with your linemen as lizardmen have problems retailiating to fouls (either they have to foul with an St4 player or risk one of their few actual scorers) also dont have gobbos on the pitch when playing skinks your advantage is your higher average ST.

getting a tackle blitzer will vastly increase your chances vs lizardmen
tza

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 02:42 Reply with quote Back to top

blitzers should get some tackle/strip ball skill also rather than just guard/MB/piling on/shadowing etc etc.
tza

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 02:43 Reply with quote Back to top

also - you said your troll had problems with really stupid?

Did you keep a friendly player next to him all the time?
Mike_B20

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 02:52 Reply with quote Back to top

tza wrote:
also - you said your troll had problems with really stupid?

Did you keep a friendly player next to him all the time?

Yes, of course....maybe I should have kept the goblin next to me, as tactical advisor.
Couldn't have hurt.
Mully

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 03:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I'm a noob at this game online and am interested in hearing of favourable strategies against these guys for various teams.

yes ...you are correct ... you are a NOOB Smile

Actually lizzies suck at beginning TR. With NO block and no sure hands they usually hurt themselves as much as they hurt you. Id play a group of rookie lizards with a pack of Orcs any day.

Wait till the Saurus get block and the skinks get sidestep/diving tackle, then come back and talk about how hard they are!

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 06:54 Reply with quote Back to top

BunnyPuncher wrote:
I think a lot of orc coaches have issues with lizzies because its the one team with more strength than they have.

Because they suck at anything else than beating up the weak. Dispicaple bunch.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Still leaves 17... er... now 19 other races to steal lunch money from...

And lizzies aren't that hard to beat... at least no harder than CDs & skav... just got to play em different

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

As a N00B, I'm finding the Lizzies hard to play and got my butt handed to me by a passel of Orcs on Friday -- enough fatalities that I had to scrap the team. Bad rolling was part of it, but mainly: the Black Orcs stuck to my Saurians like glue, and I didn't have the AG to get free, and all the other orcs either double-teamed on the Saurians or dogpiled on the Skink with the ball.

Admittedly a lot of this was my fault -- for some reason my skill at BB IRL doesn't translate onto the computer (and I'm pretty new at both) -- but I still feel like Orcs overpower Lizardmen, or pretty much any other team out there especially at low TR.

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 14:39 Reply with quote Back to top

If you're a noob, I'd like to cherry pick you, shepherd, and squeeze those nasty lizzies under my ironheeled boots

EDIT:
ah, but their unranked...sniff...but let my dwarves crush your abominable undead under their ironheeled boots

Last edited by MrMojo on %b %21, %2004 - %14:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

well i would "consider" getting break tackle before block to combat the one glaring weakness of the team, low ag sauri. if i was to make another lizzie team i would have 3 block and 3 break tackle sauri on first skill, problem is they take an age to get it... hopefully vault will sort that out!!! Smile
little_idiot

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I played lizards in my first BB game in about 10 years. With Halflings.
Yeah, I got squished. 0-4. My ball-carrier got blitz too many times (behind my lines) and my wild atempt at throwing didn't work.
But the guy I played against was kind enough to teach me a few things, so it was well worth it. (Hey, i only got ONE player killed)

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, i just smashed some puny halflings with my dwarfs...sweet smell of halflings rotting away...

Jump to: