65 coaches online • Server time: 21:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mully

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

It seems at least every hour on the main chat there is some player that just got a new skill and doesnt know what to take. So they ASK everyone in CHAT!

Here is a novel idea ........go through the list of skills in the LRB (assuming of course you actually have seen the LRB) and choose one yourself.

WHY?

1) Because it is YOUR team, so you make the decisions
2) Because the best way to learn Bloodbowl (and well anything) is to learn from your mistakes.
3) Because Joe Bloodbowl in CHAT who is telling you to take guard could have a 130 coach rating and couldnt beat a team of halfings with 200TR CDs.

Different coaches has different styles of playing. Some of THEIR playing styles may not fit for you, thus THEIR skill choices may not fit for you.

Also, 90% of them do not look at the rest of your team and so they are all telling you to take tackle without knowing the other 3 human blizters you have already took tackle.

So.......

Play the game, learn the game, and stop the "help me I dont know what to do" posts/threads in chats/forums. NONE of us KNOW what to do, we just THINK we do!

Rant out

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL, couldn't agree more.

The thing that confuses me is that some of the experienced coaches still ask in chat every time they get a skill. Do these people learn nothing with all the games they play?

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

we were all new once mully... even you! Wink i know that seeing 15 questions asking what the first skill should be is annoying but simply telling them to "RTM" doesnt create the athmosphere there that is desired...

perhaps christer et al would consider a #fumbblskills chatroom where people can go and ask about skills and people can pop in from time to time and give helpful, friendly advice?? just a thought. Smile
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

its to reasure them selfs, i sometimes do it, when there are many possibilites and other experience coachs can give me idea's i dont see it as a problem i dont mind hellping other coachs

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

browwnrob_ni wrote:
perhaps christer et al would consider a #fumbblskills chatroom where people can go and ask about skills and people can pop in from time to time and give helpful, friendly advice?? just a thought. Smile

Almost a good idea. The only problem with this is that the only vets who could be bothered would be the ones who lie to the noobs all the time. Of course, that would probably teach them to think for themselves pretty quick.

EDIT: *Azurus is in a rather cynical mood today. Please disregard any and everything he says. Thank you for your attention.*

Last edited by Azurus on Nov 21, 2004 - 18:17; edited 1 time in total
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Azurus wrote:
browwnrob_ni wrote:

Almost a good idea. The only problem with this is that the only vets who could be bothered would be the ones who lie to the noobs all the time. Of course, that would probably teach them to think for themselves pretty quick.

Shocked

I didnt think that carry on happened in chat!!! hrmm seems i had a rather higher opinion of people than they actually deserve! Razz Wink
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Some of them ask because they have no idea what the skills do...

Others ask, because while they may be experienced coaches, they may be new to this race.

And some of us just pick block, tackle, guard, mighty blow and dirty player.. with SF on doubles Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Erm, am i the only perosn not to be bothered aboutthis, with gamefinder being used more often now the main chat rooms don't see much talking, so it surely can't be seen as a problem with spamming. Things like this help to keep the fumbbl community closer, as we all help each other to become better coaches, which in the long run will surely make Fumbbl a much more fun place to play.

There is not much reason to read chat anymore, with most games being arranged without bowl bot, and with personal messages, let's not turn it into a ghost chat room.
Gentlemaniac

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

As an intermediate coach, it's nice to get some friendly advice when I'm playing a new race or rolling unexpected doubles. Even when I'm building yet another Gutter Runner, it's nice to get a fresh perspective every now and then, I don't want to get locked into a predictable pattern. Asking in chat just might give me the incentive to try something new, and get some fresh enjoyment out of the game.
tza

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

actually, I sometimes ask to get some different angles on things. Everybody can come up with the standard kookie kutter replies, but its the ideas that deviate from this that's the interesting ones.
Glomp

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

If you don't like doing it just shut up, or amuse yourself with silly answers.

Its the gag that keeps on giving!

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Debates about skill choices make up the majority of conversations in chat. They are usualy humerous and spark long running debates.
Take em away and all youve got is a lot of people typing bblfg....... dull

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I always suggest dirty player. If they're stupid enough to listen to me, they might be my next victims...hahahaha

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

.......................... i allways say diving tackle and they ignore, not many people realise that skill is amazing for dwarfs Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 21, 2004 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

At least they start discussions. I should point on Mully for beeing to elitist.

Especially because I always need to ask:
"should I take block as a skill for linemen?"
 Jump to: