46 coaches online • Server time: 11:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Glomp

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

#fumbbl_academy is still open for business (It does have varying numbers of members though)

Feel free to direct n00bish questions there.

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully once again you prove yourself to be agresive and defensive when someone else states their opinion. You would like a thread to be closed on a tpoic you opened - due to people like me?

1)As far as I see it, I have not insulted anyone and had to stoop to childish comments to submit my opinion.

2)If you dont like comments made in regard to your topic then do one of the following:
a)Dont post as the author
b)State and imply exactly what you mean from the start of your topic so that everyone reads it the same - changing what you "meant to say" later is not a very good way of saying what you "realy" wanted to say.

Again, I have to stress - I stated my opinion once in this forum topic - saying it was nothing personal and that I just disagreed with your general attitude - or what your original post implies. Yet you have to bring down to a personal level with me and other posters - I would generaly see it that YOU are the one that should not be posting here - bit like the pot caling the kettle...........

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 07:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I like pizza! Pepperoni (a given--is it really pizza w/o pepperoni?) and mushroom, hold all anchovies and pineapple. Thicker the crust the better, but none of that cheesy-crust-baked-in schtuff...

Ok, thread hijack over, you may return to your previous arguing and attacking and defending...

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 08:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I read the thread. Then I re-read the first post to make sure I didn't misnderstand/misintepret the message.
I didn't.
It's already been stated how badly it sounds, so I won't repeat it here (nice one nazerdemus Wink).

I will say though that I have occasionally asked in chat for the following reasons, and will continue to do so as I see fit. (freedom of speech etc.)
1) I am experimenting with a new team and like hearing what others would do.
2) It's nice to hear a different perspective. It's easy to get stuck in a rut and automatically pick block for an unskilled lino. I like to think that asking others may actually broaden my own horizons in some way.

Also, just because somebody tells me to take a skill doesn't mean I will. It just means I will think about all the suggestions and then weigh up what direction I want my team to go in.

Ask away one and all. Just remember to make it your own choice.

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't read all the posts, but I agree with Mully; choose your own skills. Think about what kind of player you want to develop, look through the skills available and what kind of players you already have on the team and then choose a skill appropriate for the player. I know I wouldn't trust the fumbbl community to help me choose skills when most of them probably don't know how I like to play.
MrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

This whole thread could be summarized by: "Blaa, Blaa, BlaaBlaaBlaa."

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

browwnrob_ni wrote:
perhaps christer et al would consider a #fumbblskills chatroom where people can go and ask about skills and people can pop in from time to time and give helpful, friendly advice?? just a thought. Smile

A great idea. I hope christer listens to this. Besides its fun to share ideas, why to take a certan skill and so on. I enjoy getting new ideas, and l discuss tactics with others.
Ironik

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Are we going for the thousand post thread? Who rolls for the go for it? Shall he take sure feet?
And elves with sure hands how cool is that?
Delta

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Casper wrote:
Think about what kind of player you want to develop, look through the skills available and what kind of players you already have on the team and then choose a skill appropriate for the player.

Fair enough for people with a bit of experience - but what about the n00b that is on his first team and doesn't know jack about the skills? Reading about the skills doesn't always translate to knowing what style of play they are suited to.

Casper also wrote:
I know I wouldn't trust the fumbbl community to help me choose skills when most of them probably don't know how I like to play.

Nah, me neither, but occasionally it can open you up to a new line of thinking, which in turn will lead to a new style of play, which in turn can lead to become a better all-round coach.
Just because you asked an opinion.

Brownrob - nice idea, but would we (as a Fumbbl community) be creating too many chatrooms? Where would we draw the line?
How many are really necessary?

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I have occasionally found it helpfull to ask in main chat.

On some exceptional players it can be a really hard decision, and someone invariably suggests a skill I'd overlooked.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

on chat they told me I have done right but some of them typed "lol". Why????????????? Question

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=901155
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL! Wink

Well Kick isnt really useful on the beast as he is on the LOS most of the time so you wont be able to use it. I hope they didnt make you waste a double for that... Sad
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 11:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I like your Nurgling with leap too, sk8bcn Smile. It's hard enough to pull it off with ag4 but with ag2 that is truely artful.

Kick on the beast - well it depends on how you play. With my Nurglings I usually don't put them on the LOS. I'd take tackle before kick on them though.

-Mnemon
MorbidDeath

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

ROFL - a leaping nurgle - does he dance too, if I sing a tune?????

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Sometimes I ask just because to get other peoples ppinions, I have always had a hard time choosing between two or three skills that I want .)
 Jump to: