32 coaches online • Server time: 11:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Stunty roster in most need to be tweaked
chaos halflings
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
fairy
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
gnome
24%
 24%  [ 25 ]
goblin cheaters
8%
 8%  [ 9 ]
nurglins
11%
 11%  [ 12 ]
pygmy
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
skink
8%
 8%  [ 9 ]
snotling
22%
 22%  [ 23 ]
squigs
10%
 10%  [ 11 ]
strigoyan
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 104

peikko

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

As on goin tweaking of stunty leeg rosters you can now tell YOUR opinion on what stunty roster leeg roster needs tweaking the most. Current plan is go through ones needing modification one by one.
Again feel free to post your opinions on this thread but do not post off-topic or your post might get deleted.

Last edited by peikko on %b %17, %2005 - %09:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
johan

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted for Gnomes.

Dishonorable mentions for Goblin Cheaters, too. Smile

I know you want to go soft and easy with the fixes, but those two are so bad you need a sledgehammer and a welding torch to get them in shape.

/johan
(My heart is with the Squigs right now, but I can't honestly say that they're worse)

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
mutescreamer

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 13:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Methinks Snotties and Squigs, although they are at entirely opposite ends of the spectrum, both are fairly unbalanced.
Kommando

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

strengthen: squig, gnome, cheaters
weaken: snotling, nurgling
JoeKano

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Gnomesneed help, the rule of 11 is gonna kill em with all their secret weapons things, especially as there only 2 so called nobbled biggish guys, The cannon, str 3, really stupids, can eat your gnomes and get kicked off by secret weps roill or under scrutiny handicap. they are potentially, hell they are very sad. But me's loyal to my tinkerers and would brook no other. Tweak the cannon might help, deal with the stupid bit, maybe at least kick it back to bonehead or something, the always hungry is just sad but i can understand hat because they have the ok ag but hey maybe make em str 4 or something at least, sheesh. o drop th rerolls 10k or something, the gnomes really need some help. dunno what but they need it.

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Squigs are unfortunatly poo...Snotlings are WAY too Hard... Who cares about gnomes?;P
olivers

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Snots were ok until they got pump wagons, even without general access they are unbalanced. Nurglings seem a bit too hard but with AG2 and slow speed it makes up for it
johan

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

olivers wrote:
Snots were ok until they got pump wagons, even without general access they are unbalanced. Nurglings seem a bit too hard but with AG2 and slow speed it makes up for it

That would be interesting to see. I doubt Snots would be very powerful with General access. I'd even be open to considering MA 5 for them if no-General somehow comes through. I could well be wrong, though.

I agree that Nurglings are overpowered (and that's even though I have a big Nurgling team myself Smile ) Goblins are probably the best team, but it's hard too see how they could be balanced (unless, again, no-Gen gets implemented, which would fix them up nicely). Goblins ought to be the benchmark for Stunty team (IMO), so it'd be better raise the others up to their level. (Oh, and unless Goblins are broken away from their Standard team roster in Stunty, which is an intrigiung idea).

/johan
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 14:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Skryre slaves.. I vote for them to be powered up..

first off: Mechavermin str4 to cope with big guys more effectively, and reduce one ag (standfirm makes em dodgable even with str2)

Second: Either cheaper Slaves or faster ones... These are too rubbish for the price they cost in terms of survivability.

Third: Dodge on the blunderbusses or an ma increase.. I can imagine the blunderbuss being heavy and all, but they're still skaven.. ma4 just doesn't cut it right.

Finally: Doomwheel... It just seems to me, that the wonderweapon is a bit flawed in some way... Stunties seem to overwhelm it really fast and one pow means end of game for the roller.. Maybe a str+ or a ma+...

Some, or all would make skryre slaves more viable to play imho!

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted for the Cheaters, as the team will suffer the most from the rule of 11 (up to 8 SW in the team). Second would be Gnomes for the same reason.
odi

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Snots: I guess the snots are pretty good at causing cas, but they still don't seem to be winning too many games. And I don't think that wagons losing G access has really kicked in yet. There are still lots of block tackle wagons around. Even without the wagons, 3 developed trolls can really create some problems for the opposing team. Having regen might keep the snots being able to field 11 players, but scoring with them seems to be a bit problematic. The doom driver catapult might help with that a lot, because the snots seem to often have some cash lying around. Bottom line, snots bash, but they don't seem to score so much, and seem to lose even more win% 31.

If you look at the winning % of the different stunty races:

Skinks: 54
Well they won't bash anyone, but they're good at scoring, so they tend to win a lot of games, but they won't beat anyone to a pulp, so I guess nobody complains about the skinks being too strong.

Pygmy: 46
Well, pygmies seem to be an able team, with players able to do specific tasks

Nurglings: 44
They bash and they win too. They make more cas than they suffer, and they have regen to help them too.

So those were the first 3 teams according to win% if I was reading the stats page correctly.

But then again, stunties might not be about winning sometimes.
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Gnomes are too weak (as are slaves but they're being 'fixed' it seems), Snotlings (and possibly Nurglings) are too strong, although I would say Snots are overpowered at killing things and not so good at scoring without killing half the other team, I'd like to see them given ma 5, losing one pump wagon and definitely retiring the apoths of any snotling teams that still keep them. The one exception I know of is the coach who has an apoth but doesn't use secret weapons.

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2004 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted for pygmies, as they are a bit too strong IMO. Taking away dodge from the rank and file or limiting to 1 Kroxigor would fix that, I believe.

~hunter

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

hunter wrote:
I voted for pygmies, as they are a bit too strong IMO. Taking away dodge from the rank and file or limiting to 1 Kroxigor would fix that, I believe.

~hunter

Err, 40k for a halfling with -MA and crappy shadowing that never works and you want them to lose dodge?? Sorry total bollocks.

I voted for cheaters, as they really need their bombers to lose stunty (to be at least as good as the gnome bombers) and maybe give their fanatics str access too, at move 4 they aren't much use after 1 turn.

Strigoyan and Squigs need more armour, then we might see how good they become.
the_grey_ghost

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Skinks need the saurus's back or something more. Their fast but they are aniliated in a few turns.
 Jump to: