52 coaches online • Server time: 12:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Stunty roster in most need to be tweaked
chaos halflings
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
fairy
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
gnome
24%
 24%  [ 25 ]
goblin cheaters
8%
 8%  [ 9 ]
nurglins
11%
 11%  [ 12 ]
pygmy
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
skink
8%
 8%  [ 9 ]
snotling
22%
 22%  [ 23 ]
squigs
10%
 10%  [ 11 ]
strigoyan
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 104

Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 02:05 Reply with quote Back to top

only problem is with the Sauri they were too good (way too good)
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 02:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Gnomes need 4orc slayers again or atleast 3, maybe higher die to get caught, or somthing

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 02:49 Reply with quote Back to top

or orc slayers str3 maybe, having to get a assit on a stunty for the "bigguy of the team" is silly

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 03:05 Reply with quote Back to top

They already have 2 str 3 players with av10. Starting with 4 block frenzy dauntless players sounds a bit strong to me.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 03:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Some useful info:
Code:
Team            Games  W  /  T /  L  Diff
Skink           2271   54 / 15 / 31 +23%
Pygmy           2077   46 / 17 / 36 +10% *
Nurglings       4812   44 / 21 / 35  +9% *
Chaos Halfling  7551   43 / 18 / 38  +5% *
Strigoyan       1154   38 / 18 / 44  -6%
Fairies         2594   38 / 16 / 46  -8% *
Snotling        6802   31 / 20 / 49 -18% *
Skryre Slaves    464   31 / 17 / 52 -21%
Goblin Cheaters 4231   30 / 17 / 52 -22%
Gnome           2349   30 / 17 / 53 -23%
Squig Herder    1181   26 / 18 / 56 -30%
Goblin           ???   ?? / ?? / ??
Halfling         ???   ?? / ?? / ??

*Have Big Guys

As Always,
Evolve From Anarchism
The next step for humanity?

Last edited by EvolveToAnarchism on %b %23, %2004 - %04:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
DaemonicLazoth

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 04:06 Reply with quote Back to top

There are 3 types of lies: Lies, bigger Lies and Statistics. Sure skinks win most of their games but that is because they have score fast otherwise they are turned into a messy pulp. If they access to 1 Kroxigor or 2 Saurus then it would improve on the skinks longevity.
Just my 2 cents

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 04:19 Reply with quote Back to top

My suggestions:
Skink It's hard to tell whether the loss of BGs and/or Sauri has really budged the W/L/T of the skinks as I didn't write the number of games played the last time I did a Stunty Leeg balance posting. They were 55 / 16 / 29 at that time. But it's impossible to tell how many new non-BG/non-sauri games have been played in that time. An interesting option is now open to the skinks now that Peikko has changed from past Stuny Leeg tradition. We could change the baseline skink to make the team more "Stunty Leegish".

Pygmy My bad. I didn't include some suggested changes that I should have when I passed this team in for addition. The Jaguar Warrior probably shouldn't of had Shadow and the Eagle Warrior should have been either ST1 or M6.

Nurglings Having arguably the best Slaughterbeasts in Stunty has seemed to put this team in the top ranks in the Stunty Leeg. Not only do they have killer casualty machines but their stunties are the toughest in the Leeg. Perhaps a slight tweak to the Nurglings is in order. I'd propose that they lose Thick Skull. Not only would that make them a wee bit weaker but it would make the gnomes' Thick Skull more unique.

Chaos Halflings Another team propelled by the power of their uber-Big Guys. Not only that but they also get Carvers to boost their carnage counts. Had I known the Stunty Leeg was going to expand so much at the time, I wouldn't have been so eager to give the Chaos Halflings access to the Chainsaws. I think that schtick could have been much better used on another roster. Personally, I agree with MrKlipp in thinking they are the most unfluffy team Stunty Leeg. I'd much rather see them morph into a Bray/Ungor team. But I doubt that will be happening any time soon. Sad

Strigoyan I haven't played with or against them much and thus don't have much to say.

Fairies I cringe at my past tweaks to this roster. If I was starting over again, I'd keep the team simpler. I'd morph the Pixies & Leprechauns into one player type and give it both HG and Strip Ball (a simpler and very pranksterish mix). Again the departure from past Stunty Leeg policy opens up the doors to many potential changes to the roster: 1) We could make Treemen more reliable by completely ditching Take Root from their profile. 2) We could go with the much more potent experimental HG for the Pixies.

Skryre Slaves My bad. I listened to the fearmongerers who claimed ST1 guard would be very potent contrary to my own limited playtesting experiences. As I've said elsewhere, I think the Slaves should definitely be 30K. I think M7 would also be a fluffy and reasonable boost. The Sharpshooters jezzail-like ball launcher could shrink in size and allow them to start with dodge.

Goblin Cheaters I think a really good change for this roster would be to banih Under Scrutiny from Stunty Leeg. Other options could involve tweeking skill access for a couple of players: 1) Fanatics could get Gen and/or Str. 2) Kickers could get Gen to allow them to easily Kick in a new way Smile.

Gnome I still have fun playing my Gnome team "gnome matter what". Wink But they could use a boost. My favourite suggestions would be to increase their AV to 8 fitting their dwarvish heritage. But there are so many other potential tweeks: 1) Dropping Really Stupid and/or Always Hungry from the Canons. 2) Giving Orc Slayers AG access. 3) Increasing the MV of the bombers. But my favourite change would be in the positional names: Gnome Engineer to Mad Bommaz, Orc Slayers to Daredevils and Dwarven Canon to Canon.

Snotling Less destruction and more scoring seems to be in order for this team. 2 steps in that direction: 1) M5 on Snotlings. 2) Change Spore Flingers (drop Poison Dagger and give them Pass). I'm not sure this is enough to address the 2 points but it would have the benefit of allowing a new Stunty Leeg team to use the Poison Dagger schtick (Eshin Assassins perhaps).

Squig Herders Again many options for tweaking: 1) Lower RR costs 2) Squigs with AV8. No matter what is done, I think this team could benefit from the dropping of Under Scrutiny from the Stunty Leeg. Personally, I think this team should be a silly mayhemful but very challenging team to play well, a "stunty" team for the Stunty Leeg.

Or I could ditch all of my proposals and see what Big Guys losing Gen access would do for balance. Or maybe I should return to my distant planet and work on developing my Horrors & USFL (United Sorcerers' Familiars Legion) teams?

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
USFL

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 07:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems like I need to remind you on subject. Again, keep to the topic. This thread is NOT about how you would like to change some race, it is only for discussion on which roster troubles you most.
Chiungalla

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 07:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Nurglins!
In stunty regeneration is far to good.
It's frustating to see some nurglings regenerat a couple of times in the same match, while all your own players stay in the dugout...
simme

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 09:44 Reply with quote Back to top

i voted for skinks i never played with saurus or krox, but when the opponent is heavy on the DT skinks cant use their speed to get away. So they are being smashed to a pulp. I know leap would help but again with ag3 i dont think so.
Jackbedead

Post   Posted: Dec 03, 2004 - 06:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been playing Strigs for a while now, and OFAB weakens them severely. I have been reduced to 0 on the field because of OFAB a few times now. My poor lord isn't strong enough to stand up to the 2 big guys other teams usually have. And once he's down, he's fouled till he's dead. I'm on my 3rd now and none have yet to ever regenerate from SI or RIP. I would just like to see the lords agility increased to 3. It makes him TTM a lot better, and get away from opposing blocks. But I think having a team based on allowing vamplings to fly makes sense. Even then, if he's throwing his team mates he's not throwing blocks with his RSC or getting beat down by the mighty blow on opposing Big Guys. Problem with OFAB is that I'm throwing the blocks onto av 6 guys. They don't stick around. So I'd like to score in less moves and not risk OFAB rolls so often. Right now I can field the lord and about two vamplings, otherwise my team will get eaten up. A team with two vamplings, a lord, and a bunch of crummy halflings isn't going to last. The score % is inflated because only seasoned coaches have been playing strigs because they're so difficult.
Santa

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2004 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Squigs and gnomes are the weakest rooster, dunno which one of them.

Strigs needs some help to though, since OFAB totally wrecks the team, basci vamplings are crappy goblins from the start, and could use some sort of boost to.

Nurglings on the other hand is way to good, and so is pygmies, what to do about it i have no idea.
Sparticus

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2004 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Gnomes with the new changes, AV 8 is powerhous ein stunty... hell there gnomes there like 2 feet tall ffs av 8!!!! thats the same as a human!!!! i would probly pick up there MA and drop there AV

i think the av 8 across the board is way strong.... the cannon being able to operate on its own is stupid... ITS A CANNON how does it move uneless someone is there to move it or fire it ect ect, so really stupid is a good trait for it to have....and besides Gnomish devices are KNOWN for blowing up so always hungry is a good skill for them to have as well....

as for bomma's i think their decent, but i hear this complaint from gnome coatches that they have soo many secret weapons and they get ejected from the game and they cant feild a team....well my suggestion is not to have 4 bommas 2 cannons and a death roller on ya roster.... and invest in some gnomes.... then they complain they cant score casue of there low av, well as i have said before give them MA 5 and they stand same as nurglings just gnomes have TTM
Eddy

Post   Posted: Dec 19, 2004 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

god, FORGET ABOUT WHAT MAKES SENSE !!!!

you're talking of GNOMES !! and cannons DO have Always Hungry.

Jump to: