28 coaches online • Server time: 00:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should Big Guys have General Access in Stunty?
Yes, Big Guys should have General Access.
45%
 45%  [ 55 ]
No, Big Guys should not have General Access.
54%
 54%  [ 66 ]
Total Votes : 121

EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Should Big Guys have General Access in Stunty?

A few relevant threads:
General skill access on Big Guys
Vision of Stunty Leeg

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Cooperate or Die - Beyond Resource Wars

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

you forget an "I don't know option"
mutescreamer

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Big guys should have gen access. If only to avoid the dilemma of RSC or BLock on a double for one of my mino's.....it would drive me nuts.....and you wouldn't want that on your conscience!

i think it would be interesting playtesting stunt ywithout big guys gen access.....but less fun

Long Live the Carnage!
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Big Guys with General Access = Maximum Mayhem = Maximum Fun

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 16:29 Reply with quote Back to top

It doesnt matter how many polls you are goin to run Evo. I have said more than enough times what is needed untill its even considered that general access is removed.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

From a poll showing 33% think General Access on Big Guys is vital to Stunty Leeg and 32% not wanting Stunty Leeg to be a Big Guy Leeg with an abundance of targets.

Peikko wrote:
Personally Im finding this poll result backing up big guys having general access big time.

I thought it might be interesting to see if people back up "big guys having general access big time."

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Mystery Link

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:

Peikko wrote:
Personally Im finding this poll result backing up big guys having general access big time.

For somebody who has been screaming his lungs out about misquotes youre doin pretty perfect job in misquoting.

Keep fun fighting the windmills oh mighty Evo The Quillote, or something. Personally I really would like to see all this effort goin into some usefull, but hey, we can all choose to what we spend our time. Atleast I know Im not gonna waste my time on telling again and again the same things about this subject.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I find your attitude towards the FUMBBL community rather disturbing. Rather than being interested in what they have to say, you persist with name-calling. Do you genuinely feel finding out how the FUMBBL community feels about a recent Stunty Leeg change is not something useful?

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Changesurfer Radio

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 18:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Come on guys, no need to start a flamewar or something similar here. Can't you settle it with PMs?
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Gee... and I wonder why I dropped the "It won't matter" in the other thread...

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

EvolveToAnarchism wrote:
I find your attitude towards the FUMBBL community rather disturbing. Rather than being interested in what they have to say, you persist with name-calling.

I find your lack of humor and point of where you consider yourself insulted disturbing

Also I find it even more disturbing that you cannot cope on decisions made by people in charge of something but you keep on trying to rise your own revolution against these decisions. You havent said anything new about this subject in long time. If you want to mock me and my decisions the way you have been doing in last weeks time go ahead but dont consider yourself as innovator or somehow doin any good to your cause.
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Peikko wrote:
Also I find it even more disturbing that you cannot cope on decisions made by people in charge of something but you keep on trying to rise your own revolution against these decisions.

The gross distortions of my views continue yet again. Can you please read what I write. Not what you assume my thoughts are. You might give me less of an impression that you are deliberately trolling (or worse really stupid). My last post clearly stated, I started this thread to get the views of the FUMBBL community (which you arguably grossly misinterpreted earlier).

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Project Censored

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

If I've understood correctly, peikko is the admin who takes care of the Stunty leeg, yes? If you don't like the changes he makes, please tell it straight to him.

Major changes like "Should Big Guys have General Access in Stunty?" should not be decided only by running a poll in the forums, especially when percentages are that close to each other.

There is no need for a revolution here, Evo. Try real world.
hunter

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

The solution is really quite simple, as far as I can tell. Here are my opinions:

1) Leave the current Big Guys as they are.
2) If you don't want to play against teams with general-skilled Big Guys, don't.
3) Spend time revising the current teams that need tweaking, instead of arguing about this. Make them better so that you would want to play with them.
4) *this is the big one* Work on developing additional Stunty Leeg teams that either:
a) have Big Guys without general access (create new ones)
b) have no Big Guys at all

Following development, playtest the teams extensively and create data for additional tweaking. Once we have more races available in Stunty, this argument will be a moot point, as you will easily be able to pick your opponents carefully. I personally don't think it is difficult to do so now, but others apparently do.

Regardless, to facilitate this process, I have set up a web page devoted to compiling new Stunty Leeg team ideas and making prototypical rosters available for playtesting. I will also keep track of the results of playtested matches (this is not set up on the site yet) to maintain a database. With such a process, I believe that we would be able to tweak the team appropriately before making them official FUMBBL teams, such that we wouldn't have to fix them afterwards (e.g., squig herders, skyre slaves, etc.).

Please check out the site and submit your team ideas if you have them. In particular, I am looking for the team ideas already submitted and discussed here, although any ideas are good at this point.

~hunter

Last edited by hunter on %b %21, %2007 - %05:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Nov 23, 2004 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

While I may have gone off on Hunter's Jockey Team concept and I don't believe that throwing a bunch of new teams into the mix will magically cure everything, I have to take a moment to applaud his efforts in this last post.

/me buys hunter a drink.

Jump to: