49 coaches online • Server time: 14:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
peikko

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

This time there aint poll as trere havent been much talk what would the changes be for snotlings. Also its yet to see how much removing general access from pump wagons will help tuning snots down.
This will be open for ideas and discussion about snotlings and I will set up poll for changes after gnome matter has been solved.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Gnome Matter won't be resolved! Or dissolved at that, either! (Unless a cannon malfunctions, that is).

I'd vote for removing some of the secret weapon possibilities from them. Here some questions to get some discussion going: How much of a purpose do the Spore Launchers really have? Do they need TWO Pump Wagons AND THREE Trolls (I think reducing the max number of either could help a good deal)?

Personally I don't think they need improvement in the movement area - it is a team with good scoreing abilities already given they have stunty, dodge and two heads - which means tacklezones aren't that much of an issue (until stunties get diving tackle, and even then).

-Mnemon
johan

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

The loss of General on Pump Wagons took Snotlings from crazy to just scary in bashing.

I think the key to fixing Snotlings is lessening their bashing power, yet increase their scoring potential. I like the idea of Spore Flingers getting converted to some kind of passers. Adding Extra Hands would be perfectly in line with the fluff on Snotlings. MA 5 might work, but seems a bit boring. To tone down the bashing, remove a Troll or a Pump Wagon.

/johan

(Of couse, removing General on Big Guys would solve the bashing problem nicely Smile )

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Bah yes lets just make them more like every other team. Stuff uniqueness.

Oscar Wilde
odi

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

How about removing the pumps and giving the snots Domm Driver Catapults (which they have for a star atm). That would atleast give the more scoring opportunities.

Last edited by odi on %b %26, %2004 - %14:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
johan

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Odi wrote:
How about removing the pumps and giving the snots Domm Driver Catapults (which they have for secret weapon atm). That would atleast give the more scoring opportunities.

Idea

Very cool idea, very fluffy, helps scoring, reduces bashing.

Okay, so it takes a bit of the uniqueness away from the Gnomes. I can live with that.

/johan
Oldworld_beastmen

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

pump is the reason of snotlings....no-one (i think) plays snotlings to win or to score (i not)
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

My snots never had pump wagons or spore flingers ..... (of course they still have an apo too Smile ). I'd really like to see a snot fling that only uses one pump wagon. I am not too fond of the doom diver catapults getting regular players - as that really should be a gnome exclusive, in my opinion.

-Mnemon

Last edited by Mnemon on %b %26, %2004 - %14:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
johan

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't believe they haven't retired those old Apo's. Smile

Unlike players, they'll never go away on their own.

/johan

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
JohanRonn

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

remove the flingers
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

johan wrote:
I can't believe they haven't retired those old Apo's. Smile

Unlike players, they'll never go away on their own.

/johan

Well I consciously made the decision NOT to get Pump Wagons/Spore Flingers on top of that, because it just would be too ridiculous overpowered. And well, I like the uniqueness of my Snot team. Which other team features two pass trolls, and a third with ag3 (and 45 cheerleaders Smile )?

-Mnemon
pixyled

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2004 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I just think the pump wagon should have 4ma like a regular ball and chain rather than 6ma. Or just lose a troll.
hunter

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Since snots are so weak (STR- and AV-wise) and slow, they are difficult to score with in the normal "trudge down the field" fashion. Trolls are lousy and unreliable passers. The easiest and most reliable way to score is to clear the field as best as possible and just walk the ball in. I took Hail Mary Pass with my first doubles roll on a snot, which helps a lot, and I'm glad to have a star available with the same skill.

As far as balancing goes, they could probably stand to lose one of the pump wagons. If more trolls or secret weapons are removed beyond that, IMO, you would need to increase the MA to make them at all viable.

~hunter

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2004 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

One pump wagon should be maximum. I think that would be enough to make it more balanced.
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2004 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

1 pump wagon and +ma